<2000 1500 point casual list. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 point casual list.

So I recently got into playing 40k with my friends, and I picked up dark eldar for my army, I know terrible starting army but I like how they play, fast, hard hitting and fragile. Any who, a bit of background, I play with only a few people, my town is small so there are only really a few of us who actually play. The armies I face most often are grey knights, blood angels, and imperial guard. Orks, Eldar, and vanilla marines might pop up once in a while but less often. With this in mind, this is the list I have came up with for our games this weekend.

HQ:
    Haemonculul: 60 pts
    -liquefier gun

Haemonculus 60 pts
    -liquefier gun

Troops:
    Kabalite warriors x10: 115 pts
    -blaster
    -splinter cannon

Kabalite warriors x10: 115 pts
    -blaster
    -splinter cannon

Wyches x7: 110 pts
    -razorflail
    -hekatrix w/agoniser

Wyches x7: 110 pts
    -razorflail
    -hekatrix w/agoniser

Elites:
    Kabalite Trueborn x4: 108 pts
    -blasters x4

Kabalite Trueborn x4: 108 pts
    -blasters x4

Heavy Support:
    Ravager: 125 pts
    -flicker field
    -night shield

Ravager: 125 pts
    -flicker field
    -night shield

Dedicated Transports
    Raider: 80 pts
    -splinter racks
    -flicker fields

Raider: 80 pts
    -splinter racks
    -flicker fields

Raider: 85 points
    -shock prow
    -torment grenade launchers
    -grisly trophies
    -flicker fields

Raider: 85 points
    -shock prow
    -torment grenade launchers
    -grisly trophies
    -flicker fields

Venom: 65 pts
    -splinter cannon

Venom: 65 pts
    -splinter cannon

Total: 1496 pts.

I plan on starting a haemonculus with each wych squad both in the raiders without splinter racks, the two squads of warriors in the two raiders with splinter racks, and the two squads of trueborn in the venoms. Going to break the haemy off from the wyches soon after the game starts, just using him to give them a pain token, and use them as mobile flamers in boats. As for general strategy I am going to try to pop as much mech as I can early, soften up any scary assault unit with weight of fire from my splinter weapons before I assault them with my wyches, or tie up any scary shooty unit with my wyches if I have too.

I have three concerns with this list, one is that I lack close combat power, the lack of a third ravager for more long ranged tank popping, I opted for a second venom with 4 blasters for a more well rounded set up, and the number of kill points in the list, being somewhere around 16, which is a ton for a 1500 point list. I put razorflails, as opposed to shardnets, on my wyches to give them a bit more of a punch to hopefully help a little bit with the first problem. As for the second, with 10 dark lances, and 10 blasters I hope I won't miss the extra ravager too much, but it does hurt my long range tank popping power. As for the third, I hope I can just sort of ignore that fact. Dark eldar, from my experience, tend to either win big or loose big, so I hope it wont really be an issue.

As for how I stack up against the other armies, I think, with all the anti mech, I should have a pretty good match up against guard if I go first and its not spear head, and a reasonably good one if I happen to go second. Greyknights shouldn't be a huge problem. If he runs a shooty list I should be able to just out shoot him with weight of fire, if he runs an assault list, he will probably take termies and paladins, which are very susceptible to dark lance fire, being only toughness 4, and he can't field a lot of them, especially at this point level. I am, however, worried that he might run 2 dread knights, one I can handle with poison shooting, but if he runs 2, and uses grand mastery to give them both scout then teleport shunts them 30 inches across the field during the scout move I might be in trouble, especially if he goes first, any suggestions against this? Bloodangels is what I am worried most about. The amount of armor 3 feel no pain stuff he can pump out is pretty scary, I can't reliably shoot them to death because I don't have enough dark light weapons to kill enough of them to make a difference, especially when I have things like storm ravens and baal predators to pop, and splinter weapons are sort of ineffective against them. This is where my lack of close combat power is going to hurt me the most I think. But the grey knights player has a bad habit of running karamazov in his lists so a close combat focused army is very ineffective against him, loosing close combat, ORBITAL STRIKE! All in all, I think a more shooty army stacks up better against blood angels then a close combat one does against grey knights, with Karmazov and his entire army having power weapons to ignore feel now pain.

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read my wall of text, I am new to the game so any criticism of this list, and any suggestions, I would love to hear.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

The list actually looks pretty well balanced. Notice how close your point values are for your wyches and warriors. It would be easy to swap one out for the other. Try different combinations. 3 wych squads, one warrior, or the other way around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Attemptedm View Post
    The list actually looks pretty well balanced. Notice how close your point values are for your wyches and warriors. It would be easy to swap one out for the other. Try different combinations. 3 wych squads, one warrior, or the other way around.
    They are actually completely interchangeable in this list, because the wych transports are kited out to cost 5 points more. But yeah up until this point I have been mainly using wyches, from my experience, one squad of warriors really doesn't put out enough shots to make enough of an impact against marines. I wanted to try out a bit more of a shooty oriented list, because as stated earlier, my friend who plays grey knights fields Karamazov quite often, and he can center non scattering high strength multi large blast templates on his own guys, that don't scatter, even when they are locked in an assault. 1 squad of wyches against grey knight units in close combat is sort of iffy on who is going to win, 2 units, and he can just wipe the both units, and his unit as well, off the board. It isn't very polite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

The only thing I would change would be hydra gauntlets on the wyches instead of razorflails. An extra D6 attacks over rerolling 2 attacks seems like a better option in my opinion.
    "I like your style. You make up your own rules, just like me. Bean counters said I couldn't fire a man just for being in a wheelchair. Did it anyway. Ramps are expensive." - Cave Johnson, Portal 2

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Mordos
    The only thing I would change would be hydra gauntlets on the wyches instead of razorflails. An extra D6 attacks over rerolling 2 attacks seems like a better option in my opinion.
    I was going to say something similar, then I got to thinking (and I am not doing the math) razorflails reroll to hit and wound I think (no dex here) So that's 2-3 attacks that are almost always going to wound. The gauntlets have d6 extra attacks, but you still need 3+ to hit and 4+ to wound marines. It all depends on the rolls obviously, but percentage wise the flails may be better. The downside is that the flails lose some utility if you get the combat drug roll that overlaps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Attemptedm View Post
    I was going to say something similar, then I got to thinking (and I am not doing the math) razorflails reroll to hit and wound I think (no dex here) So that's 2-3 attacks that are almost always going to wound. The gauntlets have d6 extra attacks, but you still need 3+ to hit and 4+ to wound marines. It all depends on the rolls obviously, but percentage wise the flails may be better. The downside is that the flails lose some utility if you get the combat drug roll that overlaps
    Actually, Wyches, and marines have the same weapon skill, so they hit on 4+, instead of 3+, and marines toughness is one higher then the wyches strength so they wound on 5+. So, even if you roll a six on the gauntlets, charging, you get 8 attacks, 4 hit, 1-2 wound (1 and 1/3). With the flails, you get 3 attacks on the charge, 1-2 (1 and 1/2) of them hit, reroll the misses, which means on average 2-3 of them hit (2 and 1/4th) and out of those, 0-1 wounds (3/4th), you get to reroll the failed wounds, giving you an average of 1-2 wounds (1 and 1/4th). Which means, the gauntlets out preform the flails, and only very slightly (on average by about 1/12th of a wound), when they roll a six on the number of extra attacks. Now with targets that have low toughness, low weapon skill, or both, the gauntlets start looking more appealing, or if you happen to hit it lucky and get the +1 strength roll for your combat drug. The other thing that I don't like about the gauntlets is on a roll of a 1 they do nothing, because the hydra gauntlets don't actually provide an extra attack from dual wielding, they provide a d6 for dual wielding.

+ Reply to Thread