<2000 1000 point starter and 2000 point complete Iyanden Theme lists - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 point starter and 2000 point complete Iyanden Theme lists

Hi

In the process of moving over from BFG to 40k, obviously my BFG fleet is around craftworld Eldar, specifically iyanden. SO the lists below are building on that. There are 2 lists as the title says, 1 for starting up to get me going and the second for later on as i get more models to bulk the army out.

I was wondering if these seem workable or if i'm just going to be anhialated, I would say around 90% of games will be against my Nephew, who uses orks ( hence some of the weapon choices. )

Starter Army - 1000

HQ
    Farseer
    Runes of Witnessing
    Fortune
    Singing Spear
    Total 98

Elite
    5 Wraithguard
    Warlock
    Spiritseer
    Conceal
    Total 221

5 Wraithguard
    Warlock
    Spiritseer
    Conceal
    Total 221

Troops
    6 Dire Avengers
    Exarch
    2 Shurikan Catapults
    Total 89

10 Guardians
    Scatter Laser
    Total 95

Fast
    5 Swooping Hawks
    Exarch
    Sunrifle
    Intercept
    Total 137

Heavy
    Wraithlord
    Scatter Laser
    Missile Launcher
    Total 135

Total 996 Points

Complete Army - 2000 Points

HQ
    Yriel
    Total 155

Farseer
    Fortune
    Guide
    Spirit Stones
    Runes of Witnessing
    Singing Spear
    Total 138

Elite
    7 Howling Banchee
    Exarch
    Mirrorswords
    War Shout
    Acrobatic
    Total 144

8 Wraithguard
    Warlock
    Conceal
    Spiritseer
    Total 326

9 Wraithguard
    Warlock
    Conceal
    Spiritseer
    Total 371

Troops
    10 Dire Avengers
    Exarch
    2 Shurikan Catapults
    Bladestorm
    Total 152

14 Guardians
    Scatter Laser
    Total 127

Fast
    7 Swooping Hawks
    Exarch
    Sunrifle
    Sky Leap
    Total 189

Heavy
    Wraithlord
    Scatter Laser
    Missile Launcher
    Total 135

Wraithlord
    Scatter Laser
    Missile Launcher
    Total 135

Wraithlord
    Scatter Laser
    Missile Launcher
    Total 135

Total 1997 points

just 3 points

*I have tried to make a ballance around using constructs and normal troops rather than just using mases of wraithguard, while keeping it feeling like they are a mojor part of the army

* I know yriel isnt considered one of the best HQ choices but he was taken for fluff as his flagship is included in my BFG fleet.

* It was a tough choice between swooping Hawks and Warp Spiders, this again came down to fluff - as i feel Iyanden wouldn't have too many ways to replace spiders that were getting lost / killed while using jump packs - whereas hawks would seem a safer option ( if you get what i mean ) and i prefer the look of Hawks over Spiders.

Any thoughts on these lists would be appreciated.
    Thanks for reading all this

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iyanden aye...

the strength of any eldar army is its speed and lots of strength 6 shots. without those two things eldar cant really compete in 5ed.

lets start with the 1000p army to get you started. i'd run something like this:

HQ
    183 Farseer: jetbike, runes of warding, runes of witnessing, singing spear, spirit stones, fortune, guide

Troops
    215 6xguardian jetbikes: 2 with shuriken cannons
    (warlock on jetbike: singing spear conceal)
    121 10xguardians:shuriken cannon
    (warlock:embolden, spirit seer)

Fast Attack
    210 3xVypers: scatter lasers, shuriken cannons

Heavy Support
    135 Wraithlord: EML, scatter laser
    135 Wraithlord: EML, scatter laser

that's a total of 999pts. in my mind i see it as two separate forces. one force is the guardians and wraithlords (the iyanden ground force) and the other is the farseer, guardian jetbikes and vypers (the corsairs coming to the rescue). these unit's give you some mobility and okay shooting while sticking to the theme.

i took the wraith guard out because they are just way to expensive and i dont think you could fully utilize them at 1000pts. you get two wraitlords which is pretty good and will keep the list looking/feeling iyandenish.

the plan-
    farseer goes with guardian getbikes, fortuning them (it's nearly impossible for this unit to be killed by enemy shooting). the vypers run close behind getting cover saves (dont forget your 6" jetbike move to open a firing lane then move back in front for cover saves) and guide from the farseer (with 21 guided strength 6 shots at 24" this squad will shred rhinos/side armor and anything on foot). your wraithlords protect your guardian squad and target tanks with shooting. the guardians just get in cover and try to stay alive.

weaknesses-
    you'll struggle against anything armor 12 or higher (you'll stun the poop out anything armor 12 though). the guardians are kinda a liability. you dont have a wave serpent or other armor 12 hull for contesting (you can contest with vypers and jetbikes, but you only get one chance for that because they will die to return fire/assault after moving in)

some thing to maybe play around with is dropping a vyper and upgrading the scatter lasers on the wraithlords to brightlances.

for the 2000 point list:

you should run with the 1000 point list for a while and figure out what works.

some things to know:
    -swooping hawks suck big time.
    -warp spiders are really good, but expensive. (the best way to run spiders is a full squad with exarch w/dual power blades and attach a autarch w/fusion gun, WJG, mandiblasters, and power weapon. that way the unit is mobile, has good shooting, and is actually pretty good in CC)
    -yriel IS good
    -you need tanks eventually for contesting at 1000 points you could maybe get away with no tanks
    -you need to be able to kill other tanks, so consider fire dragons in a serpent
    -dont really give squads exarchs unless it's warp spiders or swooping hawks. it's just a waste of points for any other unit.
    Last edited by eldarkevin; April 30th, 2011 at 23:21.

+ Reply to Thread