<2000 escalation, next game 1250 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x3)

escalation, next game 1250

The shop I frequent is doing an escalation league. Last game was 1k in which my orks crushed imperial guard. Now I'm making a new list for 1250 next week. Here is how it looks so far.

HQ:
    Big Mek with KFF - 85

Warboss with PK, Cybork, 'eavy armor - 100

Elite:

7 Lootas - 105

Troops

12 Boys, choppa and slugga, nob with pk and boss pole, trukk - 147

11 Boys, choppa and slugga, nob with pk and boss pole, trukk - 141 (warboss goes here)

20 shoota boys, nob with PK and boss pole, 2 big shootas - 170

19 shoota boys, nob with pk and boss pole, 1 big shoota - 159 (Big Mek goes here)

Heavy

Battle Wagon with Kannon (not the kill kind) and Big shoota - 105 (Big mek and shoota boys go here)

Battle Wagon with big shoota and grot riggers - 100 (shoota boys go here)

Total - 1249

My biggest concern is the Battle wagons. I don't have models for the deff rollas that most consider compulsory. (I'm waiting for battle wagon upgrade sprues to come in the mail but GW tends to take months to do ship anything) And even if I did, I'm not sure what points to shave off to fit them in. Any suggestions? If I have to I can slap something cylinder looking thing together to proxy as a deff rolla until I get the real thing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Make sure the wagons have armor plates. That way (with the deff rolla), they can always move and deff rolla things, and get the boyz to where they need to be to disembark.

If you need points, you'll probably hate my suggestion...but drop the warboss.

In lower point games, running a single HQ saves you a bundle of points, letting you expand the size of your army, or fill holes.

Without the warboss, you can add armor plates, and deff rolla's to the wagons, an extra boy in the one truck (that used to have the warboss), and ram's for all the trukk's. (This lets them tank shock things after dropping off the boyz [much more effective then one would think], and rerolling terrain tests) You can then considering adding any of the following.

1) 2 more loota's
    2) avy armor on all the nobz.
    3) RPJ on the wagons, cybork and a burna on the big mek.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x3)

interesting suggestion. Usually the boys stay inside the wagon's and use it as a bunker to shoot out of, but if I find points for the deff rola that would be very useful to have armor plates. The warboss is really nice for popping tanks... I'm not sure If i'd want to drop him. If I drop the warboss I would put deff rolas and armor plates on the wagons, rams on the trukks, add an extra boy the the one trukk, 2 more lootas. That just about take up the 100 points he cost.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

192 (x4)

Well with the deff rolla's, you are looking at D6 Str 10 hits, AND the ramming damage vs vehicles. Considering you'll have 2, you're looking at way more damage then a warboss can possibly due vs a vehicle. Besides, vs a nob, a warboss only gets 1 more swing, and +1 str. It's not a "massive" loss...but fluff wise, it's always way more fun to have him around!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x3)

The Warboss also hits rear armor when assaulting vehicles, and when fighting gaurd that's a huge bonus. However, somehow, every person playing has a different army, only one space marine army for this tourny, which is really weird. So I know I wont be fighting guard again, and to be honest, that's probably the best army to be using the warboss with, pop the fragile rear armor on lemon rush eazy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

192 (x4)

The Warboss also hits rear armor when assaulting vehicles
    Yes, but so do your str 9 powerclaw nobs. (on charge).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x3)

A good point. And my tricks of having the boss run off by himself to pop tanks while the squad he was attached to assaults a squad would leave him to vulnerable as the points get higher. Ironicly, even tho I crushed Gaurd, I killed my own warboss with the scatter using the blast template on the kanon on the battle wagon.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

192 (x4)

Wow...that's some extremely bad luck..cause you'd need a 5 to wound him, and he'd save on a 4+!

That's the ork life though! We either table, or get tabled .

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x3)

See its funny because I still tabled the guy I was playing against, haha! Only lost couple trucks and 1 squad of boys... well, and the warboss. The idea of taking out the warboss for 1250 is really growing on me tho. I hate having all my eggs in one basket. Its why there are no nobs squads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could always drop 2 Lootas and the Kannon for the 40 points. I would personally switch the shoota boyz to slugga but that's my style. Kinda goes into your not all eggs in one basket....gives them more targets to worry about, and I like having them worry about a horde backed with a PK nob, AND a Deff Rolla

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast