<2000 A 1750 list, New project, is it decent? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A 1750 list, New project, is it decent?

Hi

So i am close to complete my first project ever, my Blood Angels.
    And after all these assault marines i am dead sick of painting red, so i am looking into a second project to complete during the summer. I do have tyranids as well, but as i only find my self building lists that truly are awful on the table (warrior heavy lists or swarm lists, and the new GK eat these with ease =() I am looking at my battle force of Tau i recently bought.

I dont think this will be a "i am going to win tournaments list" but more a use of units that i found fun, but i still dont want it to be a push over.

HQ
    Shas'El, plasma rifle, the cyclic ion blaster, a targeting array and a hard-wired multi-tracker - 100

Elite
    3 Crisis Suites, 2x Missile Pod, targetting array - 159
    3 Crisis Suites, Plasma Rifle, Fusion Blaster, Multi Tracker - 186
    (I wanted to have some stealth suits, 6 of them with 6 gun drones, but it was just to expensive)

Troops
    10 Kroots, 5 Hounds - 100
    10 Kroots, 5 Hounds - 100
    9 Fire Warriors - 78
    Devilfish with a Disruption Pod - 85 points
    9 Fire Warriors - 78
    (Basically had some points over so i upped the fire warriors to 9 instead of 6, one group will take the pathfinders transport)

Fast
    1 Phirana XT-42 1x TL-Fusion Blaster, 1x Disruption Pod - 75
    1 Phirana XT-42 1x TL-Missile Pod, 1x Disruption Pod - 75
    4x Pathfinders, 3xRail Rifles and Target Locks - 78 points
    Devilfish with a Disruption Pod - 85 points
    (Somewhat split if i should just use the pathfinders for markerlights, but as 70% of all the armies that plays around me are a SM variant, they could do wonders)

Heavy
    2 XV-88 Broadside Battle suits (205)
    - [Team Leader, 2xASS, HWMT, HWDC + 2 SDs, Bonding]
    2 Sniper Drone Teams, 160
    Hammerhead, railgun, Gun Drones, Multi-tracker, 170

So is this list awful? or could it work. To many static units maybe? Well hopefully you guys/gals who played for a while and got some time over could give some pointers, if needed.

//Kerrai

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

Things that will inevitably be brought up:

CIB is **** change it.
    Crisis suits good.
    Kroots good.
    Firewarriors bad. (Extra points? More Crisis Suits)
    Piranha good.
    Pathfinders should be markerlight things.
    Broadsides good
    Sniper teams bad.
    Hammerhead needs Disruption pods.

Not trying to put your list down, just stating the things that will inevitably be said on this forum.
    Gareth is the person I try to impress when I convert and paint.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So basically it boils down to "there is only one list that works, and all lists should look like it" right?
    That sounds to boring for my taste tho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont think it is just one list that works, but rather one preferred list, sure if you have a cunning player he can make any list work. Further more its the units in the list that matters, if they are equipped correctly then bob may just as wel be your uncle...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

It's not that there's only one list that works, it's just that there is only one list that works well enough to be lauded as 'THE LIST.' It's assumed that if you are posting a list here, just asking for general advice that you are planning on winning. If that's the case, then the general consensus is that the suggestions above are the way to do it. Now, if you have an alternate list and it works, and you can explain why it works, please share it.
    Gareth is the person I try to impress when I convert and paint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not that there is only one list that is any good, it's just that unfortunately us poor Tau players are cursed with a majority of things that don't work. There are many ways to do it right but sadly many more ways to do it wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd make the missile Crisis team Twin Linked instead of duel Unless you want to give them multi trackers so you can move and shoot both missiles.
    Multi Trackers are a must in my opinion I'd try and worm in both Trackers and Arrays.

I also believe in Ion Cannons especially if you have an XV88 team hanging out

Sniper teams are not so good just an fyi I'd only take them if your REALLY like the idea of them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd make the missile Crisis team Twin Linked instead of duel Unless you want to give them multi trackers so you can move and shoot both missiles.
    Multi Trackers are a must in my opinion I'd try and worm in both Trackers and Arrays.
    2 missile pods is twin-linked whether you want it to be or not. Multi-tracker is useless on TL weapons and you seem to have mixed up the battlesuit multi-tracker with the vehicle version as suits can move and shoot regardless. On standard crisis suits (not team leaders) a multi-tracker and a Targeting array on one suit is impossible unless you only have one weapon in which case the multi-tracker is redundant.

Hope this helps.

+ Reply to Thread