<1000 1.5k Eldar list, please help a potential new player - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

1.5k Eldar list, please help a potential new player

Well, I am trying to explore my options before settling on spending part of my tax refund on a new GK terminator army and there are only a couple other armies out there that really catch my eye, eldar being the main one.

I used to play eldar back in 3rd and had a list that was all over the place. I was sort of a one of everything kind of guy. With this one I mean to be quite a bit more competitive.

Let me know what you think

Farseer- 90 pts
    Runes of Warding
    Guide

Farseer- 83 pts
    Singing Spear
    Doom

6 Fire Dragons- 226 pts
    Wave Serpent- TL EML, Shuricannon, Spirit Stones

10 Howling Banshees- 268 pts

6 Guardian Jetbikes- 152 pts
    2 Shuricannons

2 Shuricannons

5 Dire Avengers- XX

Fire Prism- 125 pts
    Spirit Stones

Fire Prism- 125 pts
    Spirit Stones

Falcon- 186 pts
    Scatter Laser, Shuricannon, Holofields, Spirit Stones

Comes out to 1,499 pts

The plan is for the Guideseer to join the Dire Avengers in the falcon and the Doomseer to join the banshees.

"I am the architect of fate!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by The Humanoid Typhoon View Post
    Farseer- 90 pts
    Runes of Warding
    Guide

Farseer- 83 pts
    Singing Spear
    Doom

cool, maybe a spear for both of them chaps.

6 Fire Dragons- 226 pts

10 Howling Banshees- 268 pts

10 may be an overkill, unless you will do very sneaky multiple assaults with them, but in that case I would have fortune with seer that goes with them as well as doom. Otherwise I would cut the squad down to 6-7. You do not want to wipe your opponent out in the turn you charge him, that way you protect your unit to be boltered to death.

2 Shuricannons

2 Shuricannons

Maybe a warlock with embolden would play a very good role in keeping these squads up and steadfast?

5 Dire Avengers- XX

Fine, but the warlock with them might as well get fortune, while super-expensive it will make for a nigh-invulnerable scoring unit.

Fire Prism- 125 pts
    Spirit Stones

Fire Prism- 125 pts
    Spirit Stones

Stones on prisms are not really that useful, it either shoots or it doesnt, best protection for prism is to be out of range. While it may help you to contest late game objectives should the weapon be destroyed, you may use the points elsewhere in the list.

Falcon- 186 pts
    Scatter Laser, Shuricannon, Holofields, Spirit Stones

Comes out to 1,499 pts

The plan is for the Guideseer to join the Dire Avengers in the falcon and the Doomseer to join the banshees.

Overall I really like the list, bikes for me did under perform a little bit in the past but I loved fielding them. I think it is a sound list and has a lot of potential, practice with it and tell us how it fares on the table.
    Last edited by WhiteRussian; May 20th, 2011 at 05:00.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isn't bad for a first list. You seem to know alot of the basics of eldar list design even though you've been away for some time. here are my recommendations.

Lower your fire dragon squad to 5.

For your wave serpents with banshees and fire dragons don't buy such expensive weaponry. drop the EML to a S.cannon and drop the upgraded s cannon Those transports will spend most of their time manuvering into position so your wasting points by giving them such nice armaments

I would recommend putting a EML on the Falcon. Consider this you can cast guide on your own transport and with the EML that's 3 8 S shots that are basically twinlinked

These are just some quick thoughts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

The plan was for the Avengers and Guideseer to sit in the falcon the whole game, the Guideseer guides the falcon to make up for its mediocre BS, then make a last turn turboboost to capture an objective. So if all that goes to plan then the Farseer with the Avengers wont ever have use of fortune or a spear.

Changing the EML's on the wave serpents to Shuricannons and dropping the stones from the prisms would save me points to upgrade the gun on the falcon to an EML and to get fortune and spirit stones on the Doomseer, however I really worry about the amount of anti-tank that it leaves the list with. Against alot of stuff I can use my mobility to try to get rear armor shots with some of my strength 6 weapons, but in case of an inability to do that all I would have is the Suicide dragons, an EML, and a Pulse laser for higher armor values.

Is that enough anti-tank for a 1.5k list?
    Last edited by Phaeron Typhoon; May 20th, 2011 at 06:36.
    "I am the architect of fate!"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like your list but to be honest I know 10 Banshees wipes a squad of marines pretty easy but a lot of the time wiping them isn't what you should be trying to do you want to kill them by the start of your turn so you don't get shot at because bolters+banshees=death

+ Reply to Thread