<2000 1750- changing ideas - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750- changing ideas

i've been having a few ideas recently about increasing my DE force- in time to take advantage of the new models of course (that razorwing hmmm...) as well as making them up to my club's new standard size game of 1750pts

so here goes

HQ

Archon- agoniser, ghostplate armour, shadow field, phantasm grenade launcher- 145

ELITES

6incubi- klaivex,147
    raider- flickerfield-70

5 trueborn- 2 blasters, splinter cannon-100
    venom-slpintercannon- 65

TROOPS

10 kabalite warriors- splinter cannon, blaster, sybarite- blast pistol- 140
    raider-flickerfield-70

10 kabalite warriors- splinter cannon, blaster, sybarite- blast pistol- 140
    raider-flickerfield-70

10 wyches- haywire grenades, 1x hydra gauntlets, 1x shardnet& impaler, hekatrix- agoniser-150
    raider- flickerfield-70

10 kabalite warriors- shredder, splinter cannon, sybarite- 115
    raider- flickerfield-70

HEAVY SUPPORT

1 ravager- 3 dark lances, flickerfield-115

1 ravager- 3 dark lances , flickerfield- 115

1 razorwing-slpinter cannon, flickerfield- 165

total 1747 approx

I've always had reservations about the venom unit thing (how effective are they in your games?)... but i think i will give it a go here (though should i remove the klaivex and have another blaster in the trueborn?). the razorwing 'replaces' my reavers as it seems more effective 'on paper' at least (and its a little more pokey...)

any thoughts? it seems to work in my mind at least

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

My thoughts:

The klaivex upgrade is a bit unnecessary since the archon provides a better Ld boost, and the unit isn't short on killing power.

The trueborn seem a bit confused mixing AT and AI. I'd either go 4 with blasters, or give them Cannons and carbines. As they are now you'll have wasted shots every turn from this squad.

The blast pistols also seem like a waste. I don't think you'll get to use them more than once per game, and it'll mean getting closer than I'd prefer with your warrior squads.

I'm also not a huge fan of wyche weapons, I used to use them but I never felt like they did much so dropped them and honestly haven't missed them once.
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to agree with bugs n orks on the blast pistols and klaivex comments he makes, the pistols though they seem nice will hardly ever get in range of things you want to kill. Without being in too much danger anyway.

I also have to point out that your wych squad is undercoated by 20 points, I wont say what for as were not allowed to on the forums but try and re do the math yourself, Im pretty sure i was right, I even got the codex out to check

Apart from that It looks like a fun and good list

Will

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya dont mix blasters and cannons in trueborn. with the four blasters and lances prob drop they haywire grenades. you're more likely going to have to use those wytches as tarpits so your warriors can start bringing the dakka. alos, drop the blast pistols on the sybarites. well you may run into a situational moment where "hey, damn im glad i had it", but I dont see why you would be planing on have your warriors get that close to a vehicle.

+ Reply to Thread