<1000 1000 point list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1000 point list

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

1000 point list

Hey guys,
    How would this list be as a all round list? I'm trying something else since my last game vs marines didn't really work out.

== HQ ==
    Tyranid Prime (1) - Lash Whip And Bonesword, Scything Talons

== Elites ==
    Zoanthrope Brood
    Zoanthrope (3 )
    Mycetic Spore (1 ) - Twin-Linked Deathspitter

== Troops ==
    Tyranid Warrior Brood (3 ) - Deathspitter, Scything Talons, Adrenal Glands
    Hormagaunt Brood (20 ) - Adrenal Glands
    Hormagaunt Brood (20 ) - Adrenal Glands
    Genestealer Brood (8 )
    Hormagaunt Brood (20 )

997 pts.

The prime will join the warriors, gaunts run up followed by the warriors. Genestealers and zoans will be in reserve. Genestealers are to deal with harder hitting units or maybe transports/light armor.
    Zoans will deepstrike to take out harder targets. 3 of them to have a better chance of succeeding and have a chance to survive to pop something a second round in case he has two hard targets.

My previous list had 3 Hive guards, a tervigon and a trygon prime. They all didn't really do that much against a marine list. Actually, shooting of trygon did do some damage but he gets focused quite hard before he can really do that much damage and when hes down its a quarter of my points down. Tervigon is just a bit to RNG.

Last game my opponent had a dread (AV 12 all around) a transport and some terminators (with his HQ deal thunder hammers in the unit). There was hardly anything that could take them on, only MC's reliable actually. But thats why i gave the gaunts AG. to get that extra bit of str. last game i had some luck when out of 17 gaunts my opponent had to save 17 wounds...which he did... he didn't roll a single 1!!! so I'm hoping of swarming him a bit more.

how would this work? Thanks in advance and sorry or my English. not native and typing on my phone ;-)

2. Remove Advertisements

7 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

344 (x8)

I think in all honesty just rolled badly. Not to mention that marine list isnt ballanced at all! Its built around one huge deathstar, so its no surprise you lost.

Your list lacks anti tank, zoanthropes will get one shot, and then 9 times out of 10 are then killed. The other issue is the troops are set up wrong.

Youll want the Hive guards back, rather than those zoanthropes. They suit the points level a lot more.

Switch the adrenal glands over for toxin sacs, theyre so much better against marines. AG are rarely worth taking in all honesty, unless you take both upgrades to get re-rolls to wound agianst T4.

Warriors will want rending, and possibly boneswords. The prime wants dual boneswords, rending and adrenal glands. Wounding marines on 2's and instant deathing T3 is very good.

You could probably do a bit better with 10 genestealers.

Id also consider losing the regular group of guants and getting yourself 2-3 biovores.

Good luck!
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

+ Reply to Thread