<2000 Revamped Nids - 1500 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Revamped Nids - 1500

My Nids need a revamp with all the new hotness out there. I want to be able to handle the main armies ... BA, SW, GK, DE. This required a revamp as i was playing a reserve pod list that has problems now. So ...

HQ - 195

Tervigon: 195
    -Toxin Sacs
    -Adrenal Glands
    -Catalyst
    -Cluster Spines

Elites - 310

2 Hive Guard x2: 200
    2 Venomthrope: 110

Troops - 465

-Toxin Sacs
    -Adrenal Glands
    -Catalyst
    -Cluster Spines

14 Termagants: 70

20 Hormagants: 200
    -Toxin Sacs
    -Adrenal glands

Heavy Support: 530

Tyranofex x2: 530
    -Rupture Cannon
    -Desiccator Larvae
    -Thorax Swarm
    -Cluster Spines

Nothing fancy. I advance and counter charge with poisoned gants when required. I have AT and anti-infantry as needed. T-Fex are not bad as anti-infantry and enough poisoned gants can hurt anything. Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

I usually find one Tervigon is enough get rid of one. Give yourself a unit of 20 Termagants. So that leaves 110 points. Get rid of one unit of Hive Guard and buy yourself two Zoanthropes. So that now leaves 90 points. Buy yourself a unit of plain Tyranid Warriors, perhaps for objective holding. I also find that one Tyrannofex is enough. The Heavy Support has taken a bit too much of your points selection anyway. Now you have 265 points to play with. Now you can give your Warriors Deathspitters. 250 points left. Give your Termagants Devourers. 150 points remaining. Buy yourself a unit of 4 Raveners with Rending Claws or Devourers. That makes it 1500.

EDIT: My maths was wrong. You still have 65 points remaining. Buy your Raveners both. Buy yourself a Biovore too for some long range bombardment.

So to sum up:

HQ - 195

-Toxin Sacs
    -Adrenal Glands
    -Catalyst
    -Cluster Spines

Elites - 330

2 Hive Guard: 100
    2 Zoanthropes: 120
    2 Venomthrope: 110

Troops - 505

3 Tyranid Warriors: 105
    - Deathspitters

20 Termagants: 200
    - Devourers

-Toxin Sacs
    -Adrenal glands

Fast Attack: 160

Raveners: 160
    - Rending Claws
    - Devourers

Heavy Support: 310

Biovore: 45

Tyrannofex: 265
    -Rupture Cannon
    -Desiccator Larvae
    -Thorax Swarm
    -Cluster Spines

Now this list gives you some very important anti-MEQ fire with the Zoanthropes, has potency in Anti-Tank, and Anti-Infantry. This list contains a sufficient amount of core choices and fills out at least one of each category. You have a unit farting termagants and a unit bursting from the ground. For 1500 points this is quite a balanced list, that could really take any army.

Hope this helps

The Warlord
    Last edited by Warlord Vrrmik; June 4th, 2011 at 23:57.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Appreciate the response. However, I don't like the changes much. I have to be honest.
    - Both Zoans and Devourer gants need onslaught to start with. So the Terv needs it.
    -You have taken out two tough to kill MCs - this leaves the other two relatively easy to take down.
    -I would only field Ravs with Rending - not devourers.
    -Just 3 warriors are an easy KP.

That said - I added Zoans instead of Venomthropes after testing.

I played two matches this weekend with this list and beat two lists - a BA and a DE list. The De I just rolled well and really it was a tough match. The BA was relatively easy despite the Preds and AV13 spam.

HQ - 200

Tervigon: 200
    -Toxin Sacs
    -Catalyst
    -Onslaught
    -Cluster Spines

Elites - 320

2 Hive Guard x2: 200
    2 Zoanthrope: 120

Troops - 450

Tervigon: 185
    -Toxin Sacs
    -Catalyst
    -Cluster Spines

13 Termagants: 65
    -Fleshborers

-Toxin Sacs
    -Adrenal glands

Heavy Support: 530

Tyranofex x2: 530
    -Rupture Cannon
    -Desiccator Larvae
    -Thorax Swarm
    -Cluster Spines

Last edited by bebe; June 5th, 2011 at 17:40.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

I really dont think you need those thropes. Youve already got a lot of S10! Theyd need a pod anyway, footslogging never really goes well a lot of the time.

For 120 points, you could get 2 (possibly 3?) biovores which would help a great deal with infantry. Alternativly deathleaper could have a very valid place in the list, seeing as Jaws of the world wolf will absolutly destroy you currently. Not to mention generally shutting down psykers is never a bad thing, and deathleaper himself is actually a potent force.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

That said, he's dealing with MEQ armies, and the only creatures that could break through that kind of armor with a ranged attack is the Zoanthrope, Doom of Malan'tai, and the Carnifex's bio-plasma.

Do as you will: I was but giving you advice on what I found to work well in games.
    a) T6 W6 isn't exactly 'easy to kill'
    b) Having heaps MCs means you neglect the essential parts of a balanced list. Whilst it's fun to field 4 massive hunks of tough shooty meat, it forces you to neglect the other elements of your army. Aside from the Tervigon you only have the bare minimum of core choices. Any smart opponent in an objectives game knows that if he focuses all his anti-infantry power on those units in the first turn or two you CAN'T win the game. You don't include any fast attack at all, but that section really isn't too necessary in a smaller game like this. That said you have spent almost 2/3 of your points on 4 models. That's expensive even for Space Marine standards!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand where you are coming from. I ust don't think your list holds up as well against mech spam. you are also running very few troop slots. Maybe it is down to play style. Having scoring troops was not my biggest issue. The ervs were pretty well covered by the T-Fexes in my list when i played and were very tough to take down. Once vehicles began to explode I was able to make good use of toxic gants and pooped out enough to be effective. I only took the Zoans from your list - which got onslaught - and that did help.

I would love to have the points for devgants but at 1500 I haven't the room with 4 MCs - which i know is a lot. But think about it. It takes a lot of dakka to put them down. Two rounds of sustained fire did not take down both Tervs covered by T-Fexes. Trust me my opponent's tried. DE had the better of it early but once the vehicles started to explode the game changed. I also have catalyst to help.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

Yes I know. It is just different playing styles. If I were to build a list from scratch it would have at least four troops choices, only one unit of hive guard and two of zoanthropes. But I believe with the right tactics and positioning this list would go well. Even with catalyst/onslaught though, don't try and chuck your Zoans in CC.

+ Reply to Thread