<2000 Ultra noob first list. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ultra noob first list.

Hi ladies n germs, iv just managed to aquire about 1000 points worth of skull crushing ork power. This is my first list and looking for opinions on what i should get next. I started my collection with the Assult on black reach kit and a battle force, i have had two leeman russ tanks donated to my cause by a friend that i am using as looted wagons.

Warboss, PK,twinlinked shoota,cybork body, bosspole, eavy amour= 110

Nobs x6, bigchoppa,evay amour,bosspole,twinlinked shoota sluggas n choppas.= 140

Boyz x30 10 shoota boys,16 slugga n choppa boyz, 2x big shootas, rokkit launcher, ard boyz, nob with PK and twin linked shoota= 360

Deffkopters x3 twin linked rokkits x3= 135

Warbikers x3 nob, PK,boss pole= 115

Looted wagon, boomgun,2x big shootas= 115

Trukk, wreckin ball,red paint, ram, amour plates= 65

Total= 1040.

I have a few boys and a looted wagon to spare but trying to keep it close to 1k as possible. I have been putting the boss and nobs in the trukk and getting them krumping asap keeping the bikes close by in support and trying to keep my boys in as much cover as poss. I have only played against space marines and chaos deamons and been reasonably successful. Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey dude,

You cannot mix sluggas and shootas in one squad, its one or the other. Also, in terms of weapon upgrades I would go Rokkits or big shootas as they are designed for different things and so at least ne shot would be wasted.

One trukk will not usually last long in play, they are flimsy and fall down in a light breeze. I would drop the wreckin ball and armour plates, keep it cheap!

In terms of the bikers, I dont think 3 is enough, very vunerable unit that doesnt hit that hard. I would try and find the points to upgrade them to Nobz or increase the squad size.

I wouldnt tear your list up, and I wont post a new list that is totally different (hate it when peeps do that!) but those are a few points to think about.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x3)

this ^ ^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for clearing that up for me man, didnt realise that u couldent mix up the boys. I had noticed the bikers dint do much, i get the feeling that a general ork rule of thumb is the more the merrier, seems like every thing works better in numbers. thanks again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You hit the nail on the head mate, Orks are all about volume. 30 man squads of Orks are hard to take down before they reach the enemies lines. If you run shootas thats like 60 shots! Sure the BS is pants but 60 shots! If you run sluggas then well, we dont even have to look at the numbers.

If you go horde then you can get upwards of a 100 models on the table. So many that you just overwhelm the opposition. If you go Mech then you will want to put out as much as possible. Ork armour is fragile so you'll want to split enemy AT as much as possible. Also KFF Mek is awesome in a Mech list.

So whatever you choose, do it in extreme volume!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x3)

I also prefer mech because I hate moving 100 models across the table!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beautiful, thanks blokes, im gonna mess around with the numbers i got in a few games see how things pan out, obviously some armies that ill play against will need to be shot and others bludgeoned in the face so ill work that out in time i spose. Looking forward to mechanizing my army a bit and those lootas look fun as well. Thanks again, ill let u know how i go.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Run the deff copta's in single 1 man units.

Deff copta's have an ld of 7. If a single one dies in a unit of 2,3 or 4, you have to take an LD test, and more then likely, they will be running off the table.

With a single member, the deff copta will just die.
    With 5 deff copta's, 2 need to die for you to have to take an LD test.

Thus they tend to work best in a maxed out unit, or a single individual unit.

Other suggestions.

1) Drop the ard boyz. Drop the warbikers.
    2) Make two squads of 30 boyz with pk/bp nobz, and 3x rokkit's in each one. I prefer shoota's. Or if points are available, 3x 20 groups.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

again thanks very much for the imput, iv only played about 4 games so i know nothing and these are great ideas.
    Whats the reason of dropping the ard boyz? The save of 4+ to expensive to justify and pump the points saved into more numbers?

In the middle of a ballroom in a Hyatt in Cincinnati.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

few words, I'd say cheapin up everything like drop the wrecking ball from the trukk, drop the big shootas from the looted wagon, and dont take so many nobs in one spot, replace that with more boys and a grot shield. something like
    20 boys nob w/ pk bosspole
    20 boys nob w/ pk bosspole
    20 grots 2 hearders

this way you got a core for you army and with the grots walking infront of your boys your opponent can choose to waste shot on the grots, or shoot at your boys and they get a 4+ cover save from the grots... rest of your points can be spent on fun stuff.
    hope this helped
    I thought I was smart, but apparently people don't like to take advice from beggars...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast