<2000 1500 pts Tournament List, really needs some critiques guys, rip me to shreds!!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pts Tournament List, really needs some critiques guys, rip me to shreds!!!

Hi Everyone.
    Ilike very much like some feedback on this Army list, I'm an long time ork player at heart but have joined your dark side!
    This is a list I'm putting together for a Throne of Skulls UK in Oct and would very much like your critiques.
    Plasma Grenade Launcher

Hearmie Hex Rifle 65

Shatter Shard I'd very much like to fit in a Shattershard in with this guy to add some Termie-be-gone fire power but dont have the points atm

Incubi Blasters 66

Venom 2 Splinter Cannons 65

All these guys ride together and the Hermie will give the others the pain token, he'll then stay on the venom and pop off hex shots to give him something to do. I hate having 4 Kill Points in one squad but I think this is the most effective way of giving the incubi and archon that much needed 4++.

Wracks 100
    2 Liquifier 20
    Agoniser 30
    Raider Flicker Field 70

Wracks 100
    2 Liquifiers 20
    Agoniser 30
    Raider Flicker Field 70

Both these two are my main guys for capturing the offensive objectives and then staying on there, gotta love those Liquifiers as well!!

Warriors 90
    Splinter Cannon 10
    Raider 60

Warriors 90
    Splinter Cannon 10
    Raider 60

These two will be twinned up aswell, I chose not to have blasters to keep them dedicated anti infantry. I chose Warriors over True born as I wanted the extra anti inf, but I'm not sure. What do people think in regards to

10 Warriors and Raider = 10 poisoned and 1 DL
    or
    Venom and 4 True Born with Blasters = 12 poisoned and 4 Blasters
    This I really need help with!!

Ravager 3 Dark Lances 105
    Night Shield 10

Ravager 3 Dark Lances 105
    Night Shield 10

I wanted to Spam in three of these but EVERYONE does this and I wanted something Different so......

RazorWing 2 Dark Lances 145
    2 Monosythe
    2 Shatterfield 20
    1 Splinter Rifle
    Flicker Field 10

This one I'm still not sure about either, should I just leave it and stick in the extra Ravager?
    So there we have it ... Do I need more anti mec?? is 12 DL enough, should I have Trueborn Blasters instead of the Warriors, do I drop the Razorwing and stick with the extra Ravager?? ...... HELP!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also should I stick withthe husk blade on my Archon or go with an agoniser??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey there, since you said be critical I'm going to just throw what I think out there, I'm not being mean

Firstly, the hex rifle really doesn't do much ever, if you want the shattershard, take that over it as they are the same points, and since they are both one shot I'd try and take a casket of flensing as well, it's not many points more.

An instant thing that hits me is that I'm pretty certain 40k tourny's in the uk are all 1750 points now? So think about adding some stuff.

Ok next is the archon if you want to take the husk blade option you really should be taking a soul trap, and id also argue for combat drugs as well to combat the low s of his attacks,

The wracks are a strong choice. I am surprised at the agoniser though, I know it's a power weapon and all however I see the flesh gauntlet suiting them much better, not 100% sure if you should change them or not, I'll let others decide that

The warriors are awesome, though I feel I'll get lots of other people shout at me on here, I don't messy drily feel the splinter cannon is that great, the points for it would be better spent on splinter racks giving your guys twin linked guns when firing off their boat, you mention about comparison to blaster venom squads, I run my kabalites 10 strong with a blaster if I can, on my raider with splinter racks, thats 18 shots 16 hits and 8 wounds, vs the venoms 12 shots 8 hits and 4 wounds, twice the firepower, and I have a blaster in there that minces through marines and simmilar, not to mention they count as troops, that said. The 4 blasters of a true born squad are very nice, and worth taking in their own right. Which is something I'll come to now

You have 12 DL's 2 of which you won't be shooting at vehicles for a turn because you will be unloading missiles, this is just no enough unfortunately. I run with 20 odd dark light weapons at 1500 and I find it difficult to take out all the tanks I need to fast enough sometimes. So definately look at upping your lance count, blasters in troops squads are good for the pot shot when they're not in range of infantry, and TB squads are brilliant, I would consider dropping the special missiles on your razor wing, they're not really worth the points as the standard does the job pretty much all the time. For much better value, upgrade the rifles to a cannon and swap out for dissintergrators for some anti heavy infantry firepower.

With regards to lances again, I say that 1/100pts is the minimum needed, I like to push that to 1/75 if I can (I can get 40 in 2000 pts not a great list but funny to watch their face when you tell them how many lance shots you are pointing at them.)

Oh and on the ravagers swap out the night shield for a FF as it suits their use more (and enemy heavy weapons will be more than 6" sighing their firing range when you shoot at them with 36" guns.)

Apart from that the base of it looks strong, I hope to go to throne of skulls myself later this year with my dark eldar, might see you there

Will

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks So much Will.

I've completely taken on board what you've said, after changing the list and looking up on here I've changed it lots!! Here we go ..... venom, tb and dl spam!

HQ Hearmonculus Liquifier Gun 65

Elites True Born 4 Blasters 108

Elites True Born 4 Blasters 108

Troops Wyches Haywire Grenades 60
    Hex and Agoniser 30

Hex and Agoniser 30

Hex and Agoniser 30

Hex and Agoniser 30

Troops Warriors 90
    Splinter Cannon 10
    Blaster 15
    Raider 60
    Splinter Racks 10

Troops Warriors 90
    Splinter Cannon 10
    Blaster 15
    Raider 60
    Splinter Racks 10

Heavy Ravager 3 Dark Lances 105
    Flicker Field 10

Heavy Ravager 3 Dark Lances 105
    Flicker Field 10

Heavy Ravager 3 Dark Lances
    Flicker Field 105

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Hey leglessal,

Here are my comments:
    Frist: how many points in the second list?

Splinter Racks only work on Splinter Rifles and pistols, so I don't really get why yo added the SC in the warrior squad. Maybe for the range but 4-6 poison shots isn't going to do much but it might be handy just in case.
    More importantly your Wych squads are far too small to survive long enough to be scoring in the end of the game. I rather have 5 warriors with a blaster in a 2x SC Venom, they tend to keep their distance and survive longer. Better would be to have 9 wyches accompany the Haemonculus and profit very nicely from the free PT.
    It seems to me that you want to play shooting with some counter charge: maybe it's worth to look at Elite CC units or the Beastmaster pack. In my experience 5 wyches with 1 Agoniser don't dish out many damage.
    I would consider taking the Duke to upgrade Poison shooting of one unit and then move him into a CC unit to add some more PW attacks. And you get a better drugs too boot!

It would be better to have some more DL through Raiders for more range on AT in the first turn. Now you can target 5 tanks, of which 2 with only 1 DL. And Dark Lances don't tend to do a lot damage on their own.

A nice weapon for AT support is the haywire blaster, it's sad that the scourges are quite expensive but glance at 2+ is a really great way to stun lock that one evil tank. Do hug cover with those guys because they get killed in no time.

+ Reply to Thread