Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I haven't been able to play test/proxy yet as our group is only just starting to look at moving up to 1500 points. So atm this is all paper theory for me.
Within our group we have a wide range of armies: Mech, Horde, competitive, fun, and all things in-between.
1) The main purpose of me posting this list is so I can ask you: Am I shooting myself in the foot by having a Seer Council in a 1500pt list? With the cost of the Seer Council, I could easily take a squad of 5 Warp Spiders and probably a squad of 10 Striking Scorpions.
I feel like a Seer Council could be a lot of fun, but I don't want to take them if it's going to cripple me.
Farseer (joins the Howling Banshee squad):
Doom, Runes of Warding
Farseer (with Seer Council):
Guide, Fortune, Spirit Stones, Runes of Witnessing, Jetbike
4 x Warlock:
2 x Destructor, Jetbikes
2) Should I find 5 more points and take Enhance on a Warlock? I feel like it's really important for them to (almost) always hit first. OR (see Rangers)
5 x Rangers:
2) Do I find 10 more points and upgrade them to Pathfinders?
10 x Dire Avengers:
Exarch, extra Shuriken Catapult, Bladestorm
10 x Storm Guardians w/ Warlock:
2 x Flamers, Destructor (Warlock)
TL Bright Lance, Spirit Stones
3) I only have 2 Wave Serpents, I felt that because the Storm Guardians are squishier and made for assault, that I should probably mount them instead of the DA's - although I love taking a WS of DA's and a WS of Banshees around together in my 1k list. Thoughts?
9 x Howling Banshees:
Exarch, Morrorswords, War Shout, Acrobatic
TL Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones
I could strip War Shout and/or Acrobatic to free up 5/10 points.
Heavy Support: 230
2 x Fire Prism
4) Anti-tank: Between the 2 Fire Prisms, TL Bright Lance, and the Seer Council - Do you think I have enough Anti-tank to put up a decent fight if I'm up against a Mech list?
5) Anti-horde: I think this is where I'm most concerned about the cost of the Seer Council. I do have 3 x heavy flamer templates, 2 x standard flamers, 2 x large blast - On paper it feels like I'm covering myself, but I'm possibly underestimating just how much zerg 1500 points buys.
Keep the 2 Wave Serpents on the move:
Banshees and Guardians shoot/assault, re-board the Wave Serpent whenever they're not in combat. They will work together on large targets, or separately on smaller targets.
Seer Council: Keep Fortune/Guide on themselves. They would act as Anti-tank when required, or take on some of the heavier targets due to the fact that they always wound on a 2+ and have an Invulnerable Save.
Dire Avengers: Aaarrggh... It sucks not having them in a WS. I guess they'll slowly walk towards stuff and then Bladestorm... Or hide behind a tree near an objective.
Rangers: Find a hiding place at an objective and snipe stuff.
Fire Prisms: Stay away from danger and kill many varieties of things.
Thanks for reading my essay! I look forward to reading your comments and suggestions.
I would end up droping the rangers. Use the points to add holofields and upgrade the weapons. I would really think about the spears on your warlocks/farseer. Otherwise I like it. Looks fun!
Last edited by Cheetahfurry; June 9th, 2011 at 16:29.
Awesome, thanks for the ideas.
The main reason I don't have Signing Spears on the Warlocks is because I don't like to lose the extra attack, however, since one of their duties will be tank busting at times, it could be a good idea for me to have a couple. I will definitely think about this.
I've gotten rid of 1 Banshee so that I can upgraded my Rangers to Pathfinders, and I've left War Shout and Acrobatic on them.
I'm still thinking about Holo Fields. I think I'll have to play test so that I can see how I go on Objective matches with only 2 troops. I feel like I probably do need 3 troops for a 1500 match, but we'll see how it goes.
The squad on the jetbikes with the spears would be nasty. Tank popping goodness! Glad to help. You can check out my army I have 2 (One just concept foot only)
Hight elf and Craftworld Eldar army project pics heavy: linky