<1000 1000 point Footslogging CC Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 point Footslogging CC Eldar

This is an idea that I came up with. I was browsing the Eldar Codex, when I realized that the Eldar seem to have several good CC options. Namely, Striking Scorpions and Storm Guardians. I thought that I'd throw together a list and see what people thought about the idea.

HQ:
    Farseer w/ Fortune and Singing Spear - 88

Troops:
    20 Storm Guardians w/ Warlock (w/ Conceal) - 200
    10 Dire Avengers w/ Exarch (w/ Double SC and Bladestorm) -152

Elites:
    10 Striking Scorpions w/ Exarch (w/ Chainsabers, Shadowstrike and Stalker) - 202
    10 Striking Scorpions w/ Exarch (w/ Chainsabers, Shadowstrike and Stalker) - 202

Heavy Support:
    Wraithlord w/ x2 Flamers, Brightlance and Missile Launcher - 155

The Farseer would join the Storm Guardians in most cases. Fortune + Conceal seems almost too good to be true.

The Dire Avengers I'm kind of unsure about. I felt like I needed at least some shooting, but they also seem a little out of place.

The Striking Scorpions are the core. By infiltrating them at strategic locations, they should be able to create some major havoc. After all, a unit gets something like 40 attacks on the charge.

I'm unsure about the Wraithlord. I took him because he seems like the best option for popping tanks, but he also seems like he has a giant target painted on him.

Anyway, that's the list. Thanks in advance for any comments!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey metagamed

this list doesnt seem too bad
    storm guardians biggest advantage to regular guardians is being able to take a couple of melta guns. how ever i think you would be better by going for the second squad of Dire Avengers

If you did that you could free up 50 odd points and if you cut 2 scorpions out of each of your squads you could get a second wraith lord which at 1000pts is scary. and youll have two bullet magnets in stead of one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Surely you two can't be serious...

...OR CAN YOU?
    My beloved Eldar force, I'll judge your roster core. I appreciate your concern, You're gonna think and learn. Rep me... rep me, my friend.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dire View Post
    Surely you two can't be serious...

...OR CAN YOU?
    It could work. Who fights footslogging eldar these days?

Some adjustments to make there OP:

drop the wraithlord, he adds nothing. Add a harlequin squad instead.

convert farseer into an autarch w/ pw & mandibles.

split the guardian groups. give them all flamers and both squads a warlock with singing spear. You don't NEED to take a power but if you really want to I suggest embolden because even if the squad gets reduced to, say, 3 models, that's your 2 flamers and the warlock whom are the only important individuals in that squad anyway.

At this point I'd suggest pw/ss on your DA exarch if only because that if you do have them suffer an assault it's better to have protection against powerweapons as the DA's will likely receive a faceful of enemy hero.

I think that with my suggestions in place you will see many benefits, namely a bunch of s8/s9 shots, haywire grenade for pesky stuff that may emerge and a bunch more invulnerable saves to toy with.

Just remember that in regards to a wraithlord that anything which can reliably hurt one ie plasmagun, melta, lascannon will most often just punch through it's meagre 3+ armour save so in this instance any AT in the enemys army will be pointing right at him.

If you end up squaring off against another horde list you have all the advantages of flamers, rending, witchblades and powerweapons to clean them up, along with your naturally higher initiative.
    My compiled thoughts blog.
    If someone posts something helpful +rep them

+ Reply to Thread