<2000 Tweaking my 1750pt List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tweaking my 1750pt List

So I ran this list tonight against two of my friends, both of whom were playing Grey Knights.
    It definitely needs some work, but held up better than I expected, and we all had alot of fun.

Any opinions on how to improve/alter the setup are greatly appreciated!

HQ
    Big Mek with a Kustom Force Field

Elites
    10x Lootas (stock)
    6x 'Ard Nobs (3x power klaws, 3x big choppas)
    3x Nob Bikers (1x painboy, 1x twin linked shoota w/ Power Klaw, 1x shoota/rokkit kombi w/ ammo grot and boss poll)

Troops
    Deff Dread with two skorchas
    10x Gretchin w/ runtherd (grot prod)
    20x 'Ard Boys (2x rokkit launcha, 1x 'Ard Nob w/ waagh banner and big choppa, 1x trukk w/ red paint)
    20x 'Ard Boys (2x big shootas, 1x 'Ard Nob w/ waagh banner and power klaw, 1x trukk w/ red paint)

Fast Attack
    3x Deff Koptas with 3x twin-linked rokkit launchas and 3x big bomms

Heavy support
    1x Killa Kan with big shoota
    1x Killa Kan with skorcha
    1x Killa Kan with grotzooka

That came to about 1750 with only a few points in change.

The trukks I used to ferry my smaller elite units and just foot slogged the boys across the board. The grots hid in a corner, typically. I usually run the Kans as a squad, but this time I ran them individually and kept them in reserve. This worked out great cause it pissed the others off when I would walk them in right next to a skermish >)

I have been meaning to experiment with some of the heavier transport and support vehicles and intend to proxy some in my next game. Never having run anything bigger than a trukk, any advice would be great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Few notes.
    1) You can only have 1 ard boyz mob per army.
    2) You can only fit a max of 12 boyz (or 11 +1 pk/bp nob) in a trukk. The battlewagons hold 20.
    3) Boyz nobz can not take the equipment that the "nobz elite" squad can take. They can't have waagh banners.

Your list is a bit all over the place...which is perfectly fine. Do you have a direction you want to go? Do you like walkers? Do you prefer fast moving vehicles? If you are doing walkers, I'd immediately increase the kan's to at least 6, with 9 preferred. Grotzooka's and rokkit's are my fav.

I'd start fixing this list by fixing all the rules violations, then dropping the 6 normal nobz. Then decide which direction you want to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, thats good to know. I sometimes use an excel list maker and it does not always agree with the codex, serves me right for taking the easy way out. I still have to decide what direction to go, every time I try to run a list thats a little bit different to get the feel of it.

I do like the sound of massing the Kans, Ill have to try that next time.
    Last edited by Fahlyn; June 13th, 2011 at 22:34.

+ Reply to Thread