<2000 1750 anti mech list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 anti mech list

would like some feedback on latest draft for eldar anti mech list:

hq
    farseer with spirit stones, singing spear,runes of warding,guide,fortune,doom.

elite
    5 wraithguard with spiritseer
    5 fire dragons, exarch with fire pike (in wave serpent with star engines and shuriken cannon turret)

troops
    8 dire avengers, exarch with 2x shuri cats and bladestorm
    7direavengers,exarch with 2x shuri cats and bladestorm
    5 pathfinders
    3 jetbikes

fast attack
    hornet with twin linked brightlance

heavy support
    5 dark reapers, exarch with tempest launcher and fast shot
    wraithlord with 2x flamers, wraithsword and brightlance
    fire prism.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, what's the Hornet? I can't recall that unit for the Eldar....? Other than this it looks good, but you might consider giving the dire avengers the wave serpent as they may need to be able to move quickly to take objectives....
    Last edited by Noble Korhedron; June 12th, 2011 at 21:21. Reason: Subscribing to thread
    Regards,

NK.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by longdanzi100 View Post
    would like some feedback on latest draft for eldar anti mech list:

hq
    avatar of khaine so the mech is shooting you from a distance....
    farseer with spirit stones, singing spear,runes of warding,guide,fortune,doom.jack of all trades at a great price

elite
    5 wraithguard with spiritseer again mech is going to laugh
    5 fire dragons, exarch with fire pike (in wave serpent with star engines and shuriken cannon turret)no problem here but my choice is without exarch

troops
    8 dire avengers, exarch with 2x shuri cats and bladestorm how these choices are anti mech?
    7direavengers,exarch with 2x shuri cats and bladestorm
    5 pathfinders
    3 jetbikes

fast attack
    hornet with twin linked brightlance so this is for apocalypse? cause i know the hornet is not allowed in codex games

heavy support
    5 dark reapers, exarch with tempest launcher and fast shot a choice without the power to be anti mech
    wraithlord with 2x flamers, wraithsword and brightlance hmm with sword and not missile launcher
    fire prism.
    So your anti mech hase one serpent with melta vets (yeah dragons) one prism and 3 lng range shots. Sorry but this is not anti mech list.

anti mech should be like 2 guide seers, 3 x 5 dragons in 3 serpents, 3x5 avengers in serpents with missile launchers and 2x2 walkers with missiles 1x3 walkers with scatters, 1 jetbike unit. that is a quick list with 3 melta units, 2 singing spears, and 9 long range shots S8 and 15 long range S6 shots (not counting shuriken canon shots). do the maths against your list.
    Hight elf and Craftworld Eldar army project pics heavy: linky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@longdanzi100 : Hmm, the Hornet is an Apocalypse-only tank/skimmer? I KNEW I hadn't heard of it - I only know Codex units for most armies.... In this case I would say you must drop it and I.M.O, going by what @niraco has said, you could either go up to 3000 pts or drop the Hornet and using it's pts for a wave serpent/falcon for the fire dragons. Also, I think you could try changing that to 10 dire avengers without transport, and take a unit of 6 banshees with wave serpent...?

@niraco : T.Y for clearing up the Hornet issue. I was SURE it wasn't a Codex unit.
    Regards,

NK.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK! so lets call this an anti marine/guard army. Heres my latest draft

eldrad
    5 fire dragons,exarch wave serpent with star cannons
    8 dire avengers,exarch,power weapon and shimmer shield
    7 dire avengers,exarch,power weapon and shimmer shield
    5 pathfinders
    vyper,shuri cannon,brightlance
    wraithlord,sword,brightlance
    wraithlord,sword,brightlance
    4 dark reapers,exarch,tempest launcher,fast shot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

You haven't played any Guard or Marines lately, have you?

Calling a list good against some kind of opponent doesn't make it such.

Cardinal mistakes:
    -star Cannons on Serpents... or just having starcannons at all
    -naked exarch
    -power weapons and shimmer shields on more than a single unit, without Defend
    -taking Pathfinders these days with the rest of list lacking
    -taking Vyper is controversial at all, filling it with crap that's not gonna do anything is but a sad joke
    -Wriathlords could be okay, but they gonna need those missiles instead of swords should you ever play Guard
    -once more, I'm not sure what the heck are those Reapers doing in this list
    My beloved Eldar force, I'll judge your roster core. I appreciate your concern, You're gonna think and learn. Rep me... rep me, my friend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x1)

I played a mech guard today and my shooting units did bog all. Really what stole the game was seer council and Wraithlords. The lords were auto penetrating tanks when they made it into CC, The seer council with their str 9 withchblads worked similar miracles. An effective anti mech eldar list tends to be up close and personal. BL just cost far to much and BS on most units with them is not worth while. I say stick a few 5 man dire squads in basic cannon/stones serp's for objectives then gear up the rest of your list. 3 wraiths with swords and EML's cost only 375 points which is dam good. A seer council in serpent for tank assaulting while fortuned also works really nicely.
    Another way to get around the mech army is flying behind them to blast their rear Armour with your troop carrying serpents while they are distracted by the wraiths. Also Kamakazi dragon 5 man squads work really nicely as well. That is all the advice I have to give so I hope it helps.
    "Reached under the bed and pulled out a Converse and a beer, I appear to of developed the miraculous power to turn shoes into beer!.... or beer into shoes." - Fallen Autarch after St. Patricks day.

+ Reply to Thread