<2000 1500 Dark Eldar - friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

9 (x1)

1500 Dark Eldar - friendly

Hi folks,

I've been out of the 40k scene for about 2 years in favour of WFB. However a friend of mine gave me a lend of his DE codex and I am highly tempted to come back to 40k. Ive been working on a small 1500 point force centered around the contents of 2 batallion boxes and would like any critisism or advice you can offer. Thanks in advance

Archon - 100 points
    Pistol, Agoniser, Ghostplate, Combat drugs

9 wyches - 190 points
    Hekatrix, Hydra gauntlets x 1, raider with flickerfield (Archon here)

10 wyches - 210 points
    Hekatrix, Hydra gauntlets x 2, raider with flickerfield

10 Warriors - 150 points
    Blaster, Dark Lance, Sybarite with splinter pistol and agoniser

10 Warriors - 140 points
    Shredder, Dark lance, Sybarite with splinter pistol and agoniser

Fast Attack

6 Reavers - 132 points

10 Hellions - 170 points

10 Scourges - 220 points

Heavy Support

1 Razorwing - 185 points
    Splinter cannon, 4 x necrotoxin missiles, flickerfield

Total Points - 1497

I aim to play it as a fast moving force with the warriors in support. Thanks once again

Last edited by sharkimus; June 14th, 2011 at 18:44.

2. Remove Advertisements

Dallas, Texas
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x7)

I'll go through my opinion of each individual unit, and then I will give a thought on what I think of the list as a whole.

-With your archon I would either add a clone field to go with the ghost plate or I would drop the ghost plate in favor of the shadow field

-Both wych units need a hekatrix with agoniser, I personally prefer either razorflails or shardnets as my wych weapons (usually shardnet so I can reduce enemy attacks while I wait for the hekatrix to agonize stuff to death)

-There are two ways to run warriors in my opinion, either on foot with a blaster and dark lance and nothing else, or mounted in a raider with a splinter cannon and maybe a blaster or shredder and nothing else. I think the Sybarites with agonisers can be points better spent elsewhere (like getting agonisers in the wych squads and some additional defense on the archon)

-If you arent using Reavers for their heatlances, you should get cluster caltrops on them

-I would honestly drop the hellions, its just my opinion but I really just dont find them worthwhile without the baron to make them tougher.

-Scourges are the same as reavers, they are usefull for their special weapons. If you really want to take them, I would just take a 5 man scourge squad with a couple haywire blasters to stunlock vehicles

-Razorwings are awesome, though I think the monoscythe missiles are just fine, so if you need 20 points for something I would remove the necrotoxin and stick with the monoscythe.
    Overall I really think your list is lacking in necessary anti-tank, I also get the feeling that in order to fit the bodies you really scrimped on the necessary upgrades to make units effective while on other units you took unnecessary upgrades. I would reccomend moving some points around to make each unit more effective, maybe getting some raiders for the warriors. I think you need to drop the sybarites with the agonisers, drop the necrotoxin missiles, drop the hellions, and drop 5 of the scourges.

With these points you can get 2 ravagers with fields to help with anti tank, 2 agonisers for the wych squads, 2 heat lances for the reavers, 2 haywire blasters for the 5 remaining scourges, and you still have 46 points left to use on archon upgrades or something (again I would suggest adding clone field or replacing ghost plate with shadowfield)

The core selections comprised of the battleforces (reavers, wyches, warriors) are fine, I just think you needed better upgrades for them.

+ Reply to Thread