<1000 500 points- which list would win? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500 points- which list would win?

I recently played my Tau list against one I thought was much weaker, and to my surprise I lost horribly 2 games straight. Disregarding strategy and deployment errors I made, which list would win, given equal skill? (Assume same skill level for both players).

LIST 1)
    - Kroot x10
    - Firewarrriors x6
    - Shas'El (Airburst, Missile Pod, Multitracker) w/ 2 Crisis Suits (Fireknives (MP, PR, MT))
    - Crisis Suits x3 (Plasma, Burst Cannon, Multi tracker)

LIST 2)
    - 2 groups of Firewarriors x6
    - Crisis suits x3 (TL Missile Pod, Flamer) w/ 2 Shield Drones
    - Shas El' (TL Plasma, Flamer, 2 Shield Drones) w/ 1 Crisis Suit (Fireknife (MP, PR, MT))

Feedback appreciated! I need to know if I lost due to poor strategy or poor list (or both)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this point level weight of fire is a much better way to go in my opinion. I run a similar list to list 2 except with a 2 man deathrain hq and a broadside with a targeting array. Brutally effective because most armies can't bring anything that powerful at this level. 2 minimum squads of firewarriors are the best troops to go for because they stand there and shoot leaving more points for the big guns. I would definitely say missile pod spam is the way to go, there could be others but I'm not aware of them. It would also help if we knew what tactical errors you made because this list could be fine it's just that you did something a bit silly but like I said we don't know so the only advice I can give you I already have.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By "Missile Pod Spam" you are leaning toward the 2nd list? It's hard to tell...

At any rate, I purposely left out which army was mine as well as the tactical errors so that we could just focus on the lists. One of the lists above thoroughly beat the other in both Objective and Kill Point, and I just wonder if, just by looking at the lists, you can tell which won?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. I'm leaning towards list 2 so I'm guessing that was the one that lost since you thought it was very unlikely for yours to lose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my vote is to list 2, flamers for dropping foot sloggers and the hq + 2x6 firewarriors to drop opposing suits.

Even though the 3 suits in list one have 3 plasma rifles it does not instil confidence against the TLMP which completely outclasses them in range and accuracy. Ap not withstanding.

ambushes usually work out better when your enemy aproaches you. Traps maybe not so much as plans can go awry.

==============================
    the below is me misleading myself in thinking this is an advice request. Being a stubborn individual and not liking to waste my time I'll leave it there.

well. list one is in need of a little rejigging

move the crisis suits from the bodyguard entry to the elite section and you will immediately save 10 pts per suit for possibly a pair of bonding knives.

personally i think i hate shield drones, simply because i subscribe to philosophy of MOAR DAKKA!!

soo, between those two things I noticed that is more than an entire pair of crisis suits or a stealth suit team. which will more than tip the balance in your favour

even doing that to list 2 will allow you another suit to hunt the kroot with TL flamers + MP
    Ok fellows we have a difficult task, so we have to be more deadly than everyday.
    Make mistakes and confuse the enemy - The Doctor
    Tactics are nice but it is violence that wins the day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the thoughts (and I am always open to feedback and trying new things). Yes, the 2nd list was mine. It is my second time trying to run TL MP on suits (as opposed to Fireknife build) because I always heard it was good. I also love Shield Drones.

But I lost. Bad. Each time. So I guess that means I'm good at the number crunching, but bad with the actual strategy aspect (but getting better...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, looking again, that afp and the burst cannons on the suits shows a strong anti horde focus, in these 500 pt bouts vehicles are a rarity so i suppose that those upgrades do come back into their own a bit.

but I suppose 12 foot sloggers and 5 suits are already fighting an uphill battle against 16 foot sloggers and 6 suits.
    Ok fellows we have a difficult task, so we have to be more deadly than everyday.
    Make mistakes and confuse the enemy - The Doctor
    Tactics are nice but it is violence that wins the day.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, this is my 500 pt list. It kind of freaks people out with the armour.

Shas'el - 99
    Flamer
    AFP
    HW drone controller X 2

Fire warriors X 6 - 145
    Devilfish W/ disruption pods

Fire warriors X 6 - 145
    Devilfish W/ disruption pods

Piranha - 70
    Targeting array
    Fusion blaster

Piranha - 70
    Targeting array
    Fusion blaster

I played against a kid who just got the battleforce and he freaked out because of his lack of anti tank.
    "Victory is sweet, blood is sweeter." - Aun'Vre

+ Reply to Thread