<3000 2000 pts. Shooty Horde - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pts. Shooty Horde

Been trying to come up with a 2000 point list that is semi-competitive for friendly games between friends.

HQ

Big Mek
    Kustom Force Field, Cybork Body

Big Mek
    Kustom Force Field, Cybork Body

Elites

15 Lootas

Troops

30 Shoota Boyz, 3 Rokkits, Nob (PK + Bosspole)

30 Shoota Boyz, 3 Rokkits, Nob (PK + Bosspole)

19 Shoota Boyz, Rokkit, Nob (PK + Bosspole)

12 Slugga Boyz, Nob (PK + Bosspole)
    Trukk, Rokkit, Red Paint Job

19 Gretchin, Runtherd

10 Gretchin, Runtherd

Fast Attack

3 Deffkoptas, TL Rokkits, 1 Buzzsaw

3 Deffkoptas, TL Rokkits, 1 Buzzsaw

Heavy Support

Battlewagon, Kannon, Rokkit
    Armour Plates, Red Paint Job

Looted Wagon, Boomgun

Killa Kans, Grotzookas

One Big Mek in the Battlewagon, embarked with the smaller Shoota Boyz mob.

Other mek in the second unit of 30, with everything else within range of a Mek for a cover save.

Deffkoptas will be turbo-scouting to take out enemy armour if I have the first turn, if not, I'll chuck them in reserve for an outflank later in the game.

Looted Wagon seems like a winner to me, excellent anti-infantry and at S8 can even take out vehicles if there are no better targets.

Grotzookas for anti-infantry, though I'm debating giving them rokkits. I've dished out Rokkits wherever possible on everything else because you just never know, and it feels fantastic when you destroy an expensive enemy vehicle with a cheeky 10 point rokkit.

I'm debating dropping the second Mek though, as I have a ton of grots for cover save purposes.

Slugga boyz in a Trukk for some variety and to give the enemy something to worry about while my boyz advance.

Any feedback, criticism, views? Thanks folks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x3)

As far as semi-competitive goes, I think its great. It looks like your list can't quite decide if it wants to be a Kan wall army, or hybrid mech/horde but the variety will make it fun to play.

A couple thoughts... Def koptas are best in full 5 man squads, because anything less causes a moral check with just 1 casualty. I'm also nervous about how easy a killpoint that smaller gretchin squad is.

My suggestion, combine them into a 5 kopta squad with only 1 buzzsaw and use the remaining points to put a deff rolla on the battle wagon, a ram on the trukk, and use whatever is left to put more gretchin in the smaller squad (about 12-13 more gretchin and another runtherd if my math is right)
    Last edited by Guthbrand; June 19th, 2011 at 11:00.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like good advice, the main reason I took two units of three Deffkoptas is multi-target shooting. With two units I could potentially destroy two enemy vehicles a turn (I play against Eldar a fair bit, lots of wave serpents/fire prisms) whereas with one unit that limits my shooting to only one vehicle.

When the enemy has multiple wave serpents carrying nasty units I tend to want to be rid of them in the earliest turn possible.

I can see why taking 5 deffkoptas makes them much more durable but I'm not convinced that the durability outweighs the option of being able to destroy multiple enemy vehicles in a turn. However I suppose the added durability would in effect allow them to destroy more vehicles over the course of the game.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x3)

the odds of actually destroying a vehicle with three Def Koptas is not very good with ork shooting, so you will find yourself having both of those units shooting at the same target anyway, and what good are they to you for tank hunting if they are running off the board? That's what I think about when I use them.

+ Reply to Thread