<2000 Need Suggestions on my 1500 point list (first timer) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need Suggestions on my 1500 point list (first timer)

Hi

Ive been reading the various lists and ideas people have had on the forums and have taken on advice mainly given to you guys by Heirodule. I thought it time to see if my list is actually any good and if any tweaks need to be made to it.

I have played in 2 local competition and come 3rd and 4th with my list and im fighting mainly GK and IG. Im very new to the game (been playing about 2 months) so please bear with me if i miss something.

The List:

Hive Tyrant x1

2xTL Devourer w/BL
    Leech
    Paroxsym
    Hive Commander

Tyrant Guard x1

Hive Guard x2

Hive Guard x2

Zoanthropes x2
    Mycetic Spore

5x Warriors
    Lash Whip & BS
    4x Deathspitter
    1x Strangleweb cannon

8x Genestealers (vanilla)
    1x Broodlord

16x Hormagants
    Toxin Sacs

20x Termagants

1x Tervigon (Troop)
    Catalyst
    Toxin Sacs
    Adrenal Glands

Currently im walking the warriors up with the Hormagants offering some fire support and obviously giving them chance to get into assault once the Horm's have been dusted.

Walking the Tyrant up with the termagants and the Tervigon as a second wave or i will move the tervigon onto an objective spawn termagaunts before moving with the main force as described previously.

Hive Guard walking up behind this wave also taking out vehicles and multi wound chars where possible.

Zoans deep strike behind armour (I took out a land raider on sunday doing this )

Ive toyed with the idea of using Biovores or a Harpy, but i wanted to know what you think and how i can change the army/tactics to better suit what im up against.

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

GK and IG.... Ouch. For the record, thats probably the toughest two armies in the game right about now, so its gonna be a baptism by fire for you.

That being said I do like the list. Nothing in it screams bad, and it looks pretty well rounded on the whole. Congrats!

The only thought I do have is with the warriors. Depending on the GK list you may find lash and bone is overkill. You could go with dualboneswords and adrenal glands, same points but hits slightly harder on the charge, and very handy for killing those pesky paladins. Also theres no such weapon as a strangleweb cannon! It seems you've got confused between the venom cannon, barbed strangler and the strangleweb (which is on guants only.) I think youll be wanting the barbed strangler in this case.

If you could get a copy of the GK and IG list, then we could probably tailor it slightly against the two armies, but what youve got at the moment looks pretty good as an all round list. Congrats!
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers for the reply and it is the barbed strangler reason i took the lash whip and BS is due to the GK getting to strike first at I6 with the ones carrying the glaive's, i wanted to get as many hits in as possible before he has a chance to ID me which GK have a habit of doing (even with SitW he still manages to cast his force weapons), i will try the dual boneswords and glands though see how it works out, and ill see if i can get a list from the GK and IG players.

Whats your thoughts on escalating this to 2000 points, i was looking at another brood of hormaguants 20 strong, a Trygon prime and some biovores/harpy.

again i appreciate the feedback

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

For expansion Id look simply for 2 trygons (if you could scrimp the points to make one a prime then feel free) and some biovores. Should do nicely.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

+ Reply to Thread