<2000 2000 pt. Dark Eldar Air Force. First List with New Codex. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pt. Dark Eldar Air Force. First List with New Codex.

Hey everyone. I am a longtime player of Dark Eldar who only recently bought the new codex. I have been trying to come up with a list for my general army that would be as versatile as possible.

Where I play there are Tau, mechguard, huge horde imperial guard, tyranid, Ork,
    Space Wolves, Grey Knights, Ultramarines (ofc...), Dark Eldar and Blood Angel players, so I need my list to be as flexible as possible. [There is also a guy who hangs around that has far too many Land Raiders in his list, but I don't know what army he is; everyone tries to avoid him.]

Here is my preliminary list, comments and criticism are fully welcomed.

Dark Dark Eldar Air Force - Kabal of the Flayed Skull

HQ

The Ebon Sting

Haemonculus (x3) with Liquefier Gun, and Raider with Flicker Field [390]
    Deployed with Incubi
    Deployed with Wych Cult
    Deployed with Wych Cult

Elites

The Trueborn

Trueborn (x3) with Blasters on a Venom with extra Splinter Cannon [146]

The Incubi

Incubi (x5) [110]

Troops

Cult of the Severed Head

Wyches (x8) with a Hekatrix and an Agonizer [110]

Wyches (x8) with a Hekatrix and an Agonizer [110]

Warriors

Warriors (x10) with Blaster and Splinter Cannon in Raider [175]

Heavy Support

Razorwing Jetfighter with Flicker Field [155]

Total Cost: 2002

Dark Lances: 12
    Blasters: 9
    Splinter Cannons: 7
    Liquefier Gun: 3
    Monoscythe Missiles: 12

Now I am not completely happy with this list, because I am unsure of what configuration of warriors and trueborn to use. I have heard people who swear by Trueborn with Blasters, and others who use splinter cannons. Since I am somewhat lacking in AT however, I thought I would go for the Blasters.

The Razorwings I like to use because they can be used as both an anti-tank (only one less dark lance than Ravager) or as a horrific troop killer.

The Haemonculi are meant to give their pain tokens to the Incubi and Wyches, who then disembark while they fly around burning things with a flamer that has a power level of OVER 9000!

One thing I am not sure about is whether or not to include an Archon, and if so where I could find the points. What do you guys feel is the role of an Archon? I don't think they are quite the troop slaughterer they used to be, but it feels wrong to have a Kabal army without an archon.

Thanks!
    Balthazar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

In general I like your list.

Haemy: no one can doubt the utility that these lend to wyches. A solid choice and with the equipment you've given them they aren't too pricey. I'm not sure you need one with the incubi though.

Trueborn: almost always good. With blasters, lances or cannons they get the job done. 3 with 2 lances and no transport could save you a few points if you want to go that route.

Wyches: my favorite troops. I like haywire grenades. I like to run my wyches on raiders with dissies and grisly trophies. I recommend trying out those pieces of equipment. It works for me. You may not like it, but consider it.

Warriors: consider raiders with splinter racks if you plan on getting in rapid fire range. If you're just going to splinter cannon snipe then don't worry about it.

Heavy support: generally, 2 ravagers and 1 razorwing or triple ravager have been the best performing choices. I like my razorwings with dissies to make them truly a nightmare for infantry. Cutting back on razorwings and going with ravagers will save you quite a few points.

Enough to replace a haemy with an archon and pgl to go with your incubi.

These suggestions are based on my experience with the armies I play against (orks, tau, nids, and a million marines of varied flavors.) mostly I recommend that you try a few of these things out and keep what works in your area.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the input. I see what you mean about the extra haemonculus and the razorwings. After making a few modifications, I have the following second draft.

HQ

Archon Tularis

Archon with Shadowfield, Agonizer, Venom Blade and Phantasm Launcher [140]
    Deployed with Incubi

The Ebon Sting

Haemonculus (x2) with Liquefier Gun, and Raider with Flicker Field [240]
    Deployed with Wych Cult
    Deployed with Wych Cult

Elites

The Trueborn

The Incubi

Incubi (x4) in Raider with Flickerfield [158]

Troops

Cult of the Severed Head

Wyches (x8) with Haywire Grenades and Hekatrix and an Agonizer [126]

Wyches (x8) with Haywire Grenades and Hekatrix and an Agonizer [126]

Warriors

Heavy Support

Razorwing Jetfighter with Disintegrators, Splinter Cannon and Flickerfield [165]

Ravager with Flicker Field [115]

Ravager with Flicker Field [115]

Total Cost: 2002

Dark Lances: 14
    Blasters: 9
    Splinter Cannons: 8
    Liquefier Gun: 2
    Monoscythe Missiles: 4

I like the idea of putting disintegrators on some of my raiders, but the problem is that I am already really worried about full mech armies. I played a game the other day (back when I still had the old codex mind you) where I shot 12 dark lances at a rhino and it did not die. It is even worse nowadays when every unit can be transported.

I am thinking of doing my usual tactic that relies on my opponent not being able to tell the difference between a disintegrator and a dark lance model. Before a battle, I might swap out some of my DL with Dissies, depending on who I am fighting.

Anyway, a quick question about heavy support tactics. I have seen some people claiming that keeping ravagers and razorwings in reserve is a great way for them to do some late game damage without all being killed in the first turn. Has anyone tried that?

Thanks for the input! Soon I will put fear into the hearts of my enemies!
    [Except the Space Marine players, they are already terrified of me ^^]

Balthazar

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

I like the changes you've made. My only further suggestion is a shadow field for your archon if you can find the points.

I only reserve my ravagers if I am going second. The volume of lance shots early on is too important to sacrifice.

My razorwing on the other hand usually comes in later to take out something once I've destroyed some transports and whatnot. Bringing it in reserves keeps it safe until I need it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Archon already has a shadowfield, so that is not a problem. Thanks for the input! Hopefully I have enough anti-vehicle.
    Time to start seeing which of my old models I can convert without too much hassle...

I am still pretty pissed that I can no longer use a Reaver Jetbike Lord...

+ Reply to Thread