>3000 2500 Ard Boyz musings - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

2500 Ard Boyz musings

So here's a draft of what I'm thinking of using for Ard Boyz in a few weeks. 30 AT shots (12 DLs + 18 Blasters), 6 venoms for ranged AI, 2 big beast packs for chewing through any non-walker/Land Raider on the board, Baron for his +1 and buffs for the beasts, and Malys for rearranging stuff and some psychic defense, and 12 Skimmers that can easily block a back table edge.

Baron - 105
    Lady Malys - 130
    4 trueborn, 4 blasters, venom w/splinter cannon, grisly trophies - 178
    5 warriors, blaster, venom w/extra splinter cannon, grisly trophies- 130
    5 warriors, blaster, raider w/flicker field, grisly trophies, shockprow, torment launchers - 150
    5 warriors, blaster, raider w/flicker field, grisly trophies, shockprow, torment launchers - 150
    5 Beastmasters, 10 Khymera, 6 Razorwings - 270
    Ravager, flicker field - 115

The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

You could drop malys and put nightshields on every vehicle. That would give you some more battlefield control and limit enemy shooting.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

188 (x4)

A definite possibility. Malys is somewhat of a holdover from my 2000 point list where I only have 1 beast pack and her redeploy assures that they're never out of position when the game starts, but with 2 packs there isn't really anywhere for my enemy to hide. Although I am certain that there will be purifier heavy GK making an appearance, and her psychic immunity is quite nice against that. So it'd look like:

Baron - 105
    4 trueborn, 4 blasters, venom w/splinter cannon, night shield, grisly trophies - 188
    4 trueborn, 4 blasters, venom w/splinter cannon, night shield, grisly trophies - 188
    5 warriors, blaster, venom w/extra splinter cannon, night shield, grisly trophies- 140
    5 warriors, blaster, venom w/extra splinter cannon, night shield, grisly trophies- 140
    5 warriors, blaster, raider w/flicker field, night shield, grisly trophies, shockprow, torment launchers - 160
    5 warriors, blaster, raider w/flicker field, night shield, grisly trophies, shockprow, torment launchers - 160
    Ravager, flicker field, night shield - 125

16 pts left for some random vehicle upgrades
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

78 (x2)

that 16 points would buy 2 squads of trueborn haywire grenades, great for finishing off isolated vehicles, or for when absolutetly HAVE to do something to that damned vehicle with only 1 sqaud.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

I like list #2 better. It looks real nasty.

I'm wondering if it would be better to get 3 units of beastpacks? Drop 1 trueborn w/blaster from each unit and then evenly divide up your 2 current units of beasts into 3 packs. The name of the game is threat saturation and you already have so much KP's that you might as well fill up your FOC's. Just a thought.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would really like to see you add 1-3 wyche squads with haywire grenades, agoniser, and Haemonculi. Also you should have 1 WWP in the army otherwise you are going to get screwed on DoW scenario. Your beasts will have to run way to far coming in from the board edge. I think you are going to have some serious trouble trying to outshoot a mech heavy list who sits far back in that scenario.

Other than that I'm extremely pleased to see you using the double Beastmaster units. They will serve you well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

188 (x4)

@ jy2: so it'd look something like this. Would that be scarier to go against?

Baron - 105
    3 trueborn, 3 blasters, venom w/splinter cannon, night shield, grisly trophies - 161
    3 trueborn, 3 blasters, venom w/splinter cannon, night shield, grisly trophies - 161
    4 Beastmasters, 10 Khymera, 4 Razorwings - 228
    4 Beastmasters, 8 Khymera, 4 Razorwings - 204

Total:2499

@ asdrubal: I like the idea of a WWP for DoW just not sure where to squeeze points from. Could come from the trueborn again. One thing I'm a little worried about is actually getting a squad that big out of the portal.

Baron - 105
    Haemonculus w/WWP - 85

Total: 2488 leaving 12 points left for haywires for 2 trueborn squads or something else.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

78 (x2)

I think its a good idea to have a few lists on hand until the scenarios are posted. Never know what craziness gw could send our way (3kp per dedicated transport or the like)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Gardeth View Post
    (3kp per dedicated transport or the like)
    Actually, that'd be hilariously awesome
    The Silver Knights of Tor Adrac (He): 26/2/4
    The Spears of Slaanesh (Woc): 7/2/5
    Battlegroup Chalybso (GK): 7/3/3

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs_n_Orks View Post
    @ jy2: so it'd look something like this. Would that be scarier to go against?

Baron - 105
    4 Beastmasters, 10 Khymera, 4 Razorwings - 228

Total:2499
    I like it! Very nasty. I think the current trend for competitive 40k is cavalry. Fiends of Slaanesh, Thunderwolf, raveners, now beastpacks. Imagine the look of fear on your opponent's face when he has to face that many vehicles....and then he's got 3 ultra-fast, resilient units to deal with on top of that! This list scares even me!

@ asdrubal: I like the idea of a WWP for DoW just not sure where to squeeze points from. Could come from the trueborn again. One thing I'm a little worried about is actually getting a squad that big out of the portal.

Baron - 105
    Haemonculus w/WWP - 85

Total: 2488 leaving 12 points left for haywires for 2 trueborn squads or something else.
    This list doesn't really work without wyches or incubi. Who's the haemy going to give his pain token to...a unit of 5 warriors or 3 trueborns? And why put 2 units of beastpacks in reserves? Sure they will probably get the charge on the turn they come out of the WWP....but what if they come out on turns 4 or 5? I'd rather start them off on the board for target saturation. Wanna shoot at my shooty glass boats or my ultra-fast cavalry unit? Pick your poison. Leaving them in reserves just makes it easier for your opponent to decide who they want to shoot down first.

IMO I think if you want to use the WWP, you need to design a list for it using it as the focus and not as an after-thought in an otherwise fully-meched DE list.
    Last edited by jy2; July 28th, 2011 at 02:56.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast