<2000 Your most brutal 1500 point list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Your most brutal 1500 point list

So, I have been playing Nids for a while and enjoying my victories. But it seems my gaming group has finally evolved and upped the challenge and I'm starting to lose more frequently, which is a good thing because my list was atrocious. So now I'm trying to figure out a new list but I'm having a hard time finding inspiration.

Long story short, I'd like to see the most brutal Tyranids lists you guys can come up with (think WAAC 'Ard Boyz lists, but only 1500 points). No need to think about what models you have or anything like that, purely the most brutal all-comers lists you can think of.

The reason I'm posting a new thread for this is because all the previous ones I could find are based on someones collection with minimal tweaks, thus I want this to be a purely brainstorming exercise. Hopefully others will also find it helpful and inspirational when designing their lists. Also, post a short description of how you would play this list, nothing fancy and in-depth, but enough to grasp how it should be played.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Hive Fleet Macarbe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

Well. My tournment 1500 point list is:

HQ:
    Swarmlord
    Routine: 2x Tyrant Guards w/ Lashwhips

Elites:
    2x Hive Guards
    1x Hive Guard
    1x Hive Guard

Troops:
    20x Hormagaunts w/ Toxin Sacs
    Tervigon w/ Catalyst
    26x Termagaunts
    8x Genestealers w/ Broodlord w/ Scything Talons

Heavy Support:
    2x Biovores
    2x Biovore
    1x Biovore

Is my base list. However I usually end up dropping units and adding more Hive guard, or sometimes drop other choices for a Tyrannofex if im expecting things ot get nasty.

This list works VERY well- in 1500 points you are running the BEST Close-Combat unit in the game (SwarmLord) And with the 2x Lashwhips you can almost assure he can DESTROY any single charcter, any demon prince, any chapter master, any wraithlord. And he can also butcher entire space marine quads on his own, and not much can take him down. I usually am not fond in using point sinkers like him in small games, but he has just worked SO well for me.

Plus im running 5 pie blast tempaltes, which can really be messy. Aswell as 26 termagaunts to swarm the enemy and the Tervigon to pop more and use FNP. THe Hormagaunts with their posion damage are saved for the tough units such as wraithlords or avatars. And well, the stealers enable me to kill all enemy armoured troops liek termies. And of course the Hive Guards own the transports, taking away the enemies speed.

Downside: A possible lack of anti-tank. My local area almost nobody runs tanks (Or heavy tanks EG: Landraider) But if I was going to a larger version as mentioned above a Tyrannofex would be a good idea.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Honestly, there is no such thing as a brutal tyranid list. What may be brutal to one army can and will get brutalized by another.

My vision of a brutal list is a very fast tyranid army. Now if the opponent cannot handle it, then they will probably lose badly.

Parasite of Mortrex
    10x Genestealers - 140
    10x Genestealers - 140
    10x Genestealers - 140
    15x Gargoyles - Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs - 120
    5x Raveners - Rending Claws, Toxin Sacs - 200
    5x Raveners - Rending Claws, Toxin Sacs - 200
    Trygon - 200
    Trygon - 200

Screw objectives. You play to table your opponent. Genestealers infiltrate into terrain (or behind cover) as close to the enemy as possible. Gargoyles with Mortrex will provide a screen for your raveners. This is a very fast army which will hit your enemy all at once and overload them with too many threats.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Thanks the both of you.

@Macarbe That list was somewhat near what I expected. Although the Deathstar (Swarmstar?) and the Biovores were something I hadn't considered in that points range. How has your list worked against Grey Knights?

@jy2 True that, our codex is fairly weak compared to some of the others in 5th, but there should still be a "favourite" list or similar that most players have that works fairly well in an all-comers situation. I'm not saying build the a llist that will win 'Ard Boyz, I'm just saying build the best all-comers list that you can. Your list is a curveball to me, there is almost no synapse which means little to no psyker defence. I'm having a hard time seeing it go up against GK's or SW's, but maybe it works better IRL than in my head.

6. Likejy2 liked this post.
    jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

It's true that synapse is light in that type of list. However, the Parasite is fairly resistant because he is an IC. You can't really get to him until you wipe out all the gargoyles and the issue here is target priority. Should the enemy go after the non-threatening gargoyles? Or are the much more dangerous trygons, raveners and genestealers a higher-priority target? Trust me, your opponents will probably ignore the Parasite all game until the very end (if they are capable of killing everything else).

However, the gargoyles+Parasite have the mobility to quickly move around and provide synapse/shadows to any units that need them, which is mainly the raveners. The trygons and genestealers can operate just fine independently of synapse, though if playing the grey knights, then the trygons would need the Shadows coverage.

Now this list isn't as balanced as, say Macarbe's list. It's got no shooting whatsoever. However, this list will hit you like a truck a la nob biker-style. If your opponent isn't prepared for it, then it'll bowl right through them. In that sense, it is a brutal list as it is made up of all hammer units.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

It's true that synapse is light in that type of list. However, the Parasite is fairly resistant because he is an IC. You can't really get to him until you wipe out all the gargoyles and the issue here is target priority. Should the enemy go after the non-threatening gargoyles? Or are the much more dangerous trygons, raveners and genestealers a higher-priority target? Trust me, your opponents will probably ignore the Parasite all game until the very end (if they are capable of killing everything else).

However, the gargoyles+Parasite have the mobility to quickly move around and provide synapse/shadows to any units that need them, which is mainly the raveners. The trygons and genestealers can operate just fine independently of synapse, though if playing the grey knights, then the trygons would need the Shadows coverage.

Now this list isn't as balanced as, say Macarbe's list. It's got no shooting whatsoever. However, this list will hit you like a truck a la nob biker-style. If your opponent isn't prepared for it, then it'll bowl right through them. In that sense, it is a brutal list as it is made up of all hammer units.

Senior Member Hive Fleet Macarbe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

Many a times it has worked on Grey-Knights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Nice, GK's really have my bugs depressed at the moment. Also, your HQ only costs 410 points, so you have 40 points left over in that list.

+ Reply to Thread