<2000 1850 points tournament list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

1850 points tournament list

Firstly the limitations imposed by the organiser:
    - Maximum of one special HQ or upgrade character
    - No duplicate HQ choices
    - No triplicate Heavy Support, Elite or Fast Attack choices
    - Special HQs count as an HQ choice of their own kind (Tigurius is a Librarian, Duke Sliscus is an Archon etc.)

And the list I was planning:

HQ:
    Archon
    - Drugs
    - Shadow field
    - Agoniser
    - Phantasm Grenades
    = 145 pts.

Hvy Support:

Ravager
    - 3x Dark Lance
    - Flickerfield
    = 115 pts.

Ravager
    - 3x Dark Lance
    - Flickerfield
    = 115 pts.

Razorwing Jetfighter
    - Disintegrators
    - Splinter Cannon
    - Flickerfield
    - 2x Necrotoxin missiles
    = 175 pts.

Elite:

4x Kabalite Trueborn
    - 4x Blaster
    - Dedicated Venom w/Extra Splinter cannon
    = 108+65 pts.

4x Kabalite Trueborn
    - 4x Blaster
    - Dedicated Venom w/Extra Splinter Cannon
    = 108+65 pts.

5x Incubi
    - Raider w/Flickerfield+Grisly Trophies
    = 110+75 pts.

Troops:

10x Kabalite Warriors
    - Splinter Cannon
    - Sybarite
    - Dedicated Raider w/Flickerfield
    = 110+70 pts.

10x Wyches
    - Shardnet+Impaler
    - Hydra Gauntlets
    - Hekatrix w/Agoniser
    - Dedicated Raider w/Flickerfield+Grisly Trophies
    = 150+75 pts.

10x Kabalite Warriors
    - Splinter Cannon
    - Sybarite
    - Dedicated Raider w/Flickerfield

Fast Attack:

6x Reaver Jetbike
    - 2x Heat Lance
    - Arena champion w/Power Weapon
    = 176 pts.

Which leaves me with 8 points remaining. What to use those last 8 points for? How to best improve this list? I am limited by the models I have, I'm afraid, so for example I have no Haemonculus Coven units whatsoever.

Last edited by Ridell; August 17th, 2011 at 23:54. Reason: Because I'm an idiot and forgot the Reavers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

What sort of missions will you be playing? That makes a big difference on list construction.

At first glance I'd say that you don't have enough troop units, and some of your units are over upgraded.

Also to your TO, Duke Sliscus is most certainly not an Archon,same goes for the Baron. Out of our special characters only Malys and Vect are.
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Over upgraded, eh? I've got barely any upgrades o_o

I agree that the Baron isn't an Archon and so does the TO, but the Duke is, in the TO's own words "Close enough in both stats and fluff to be one."

As for the games... In all the games played in the tournament, all three missions from the rulebook (Annihilation, Capture and Control, Seize Ground) are used, each being worth 10 points (draw in a mission is 5 points), so the maximum number of points from one game is 30.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

Considering that Malys and Vect are the only ones allowed to take a Court and that the Duke and Baron have identical stats (which are 1 below a vanilla Archon for WS, BS, W, I, and A)....but hey it's the TO's call at the end of the day.

Perhaps over upgraded was the wrong term lol. What I meant was your upgrades don't make sense to me (although not knowing the kind of armies you play against means I could be way off).

Why the sybarites? For the same points you could take grisly trophies on your warrior raiders and trueborn venoms and be better off in most cases.
    Why Necrotoxin missiles? Pinning generally sucks, at best it's unreliable, and lots of armies have ways of getting around it. Also you really shouldn't be shooting at anything T6+ with the way it's set up.
    Why Hydra Gauntlets? On average they're worse than Razorflails against anything above a grot (the ork kind lol), and neither of them are really going to make that much of a difference. The only time they're (kind of) good is with the Duke to help get those re-roll drugs. I'd save the points to spend on haywires instead.
    Why the area champ w/power wep? 6 reavers will get eaten in combat by just about anything. These guys should be lancing and then jumping back out of assault range, or blade vaning. If you really feel the need for something take a Venom Blade, it's cheaper and better against anything not in 2+ armor (which aside from Broadsides you don't want to be in combat with anyway).

That's all pretty minor in my opinion though. The big one is:

Why only 3 troop units? With rulebook missions 2/3 of them are won by claiming objectives. You need at least 1 more, I'd suggest dropping the big warrior squads for 3 venom/blaster units.

All of this is just my opinion of course so take what you like from it.
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Good point about the Sybarites, I had taken them simply for the improved Ld, but having the Trophies does seem better. Also a good call with the Necrotoxins. Now that I really think about it, it IS rather hard to pin someone, even more so with a weapon that can only be shot once in a game.

I took Hydra Gauntlets because I've only got two boxes of Wyches and thus ran out of other special weapons. I reckoned having them would be better than having nothing. The reaver champ I threw in in case I'd get lucky with the drugs and get something halfway decent for them, but that's something I can easily drop out and save points.

Heh, I wish I had enough Venoms and Blasters to run the small Warrior squads in Venoms, but unfortunately I am limited by what minis I have and the list I posted contains all the transports I possess. Not to mention I have to do some converting to get all the Blasters already present in the list.

So then, by dropping the Sybarites, Necrotoxins and the Arena Champ and taking Trophies to Warriors' raiders ad the Venoms I end up having 38 points to play around with. What to spend those points on?

+ Reply to Thread