<2000 1850 campain nids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 campain nids

I'm gonna be participating in a local campaign and it seems i got randomly placed in the eastern fringe so I thought it would be a good opportunity to dust off the nid codex and revisit hive fleet behemoth on some smurfs :3

Hq=

2 tyrants with hive commander and 2 sets of brain leeches ;-450

Elite=

1 unit of 3 and 2 units of 2 hive guard ;-350

Troop=

2 units of 10 genestealers and 3 units of 15 all with scything talons ;-1040

total is 1840

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Genestealer spam is an awful awful build. Taking that many simply has no purpose or use, and you've made target priority very easy for the opponent. AP4 weapons on the Hive guard and anti tank at the rather fragile tyrants, then just pick off the stealers as the opponent sees fit.

You've also got no long range anti tank at all which will really hurt you against certain armies.

In all honesty your much better off going back to the drawing board and making a decent list that isn't stealer spam. With the codex being pretty balanced, we really don't need more than 1 brood a lot of the time, 2 at the absolute maximum and even then only in certain lists.

Also side note, taking 2 sets of Hive commander isn't worth it, its been FAQ'ed as not stacking.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah okay if its useless i'll shelve the nids again -the reason i got only genestealers is cuz i ran the army thru 3rd so yeah i don have any other nid models -the hive guard are oldschool biovores :p

oh well i suppose i can experiment with grey knights or try to get my daemons sent up to me

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Don't get me wrong you may win a game or two simply by the shock and awe factor, but as soon as you play a good player who knows how to pick the army apart, you'll suddenly find you lose pretty much every game as everyone else cottons on too Its a shame really.

If you have something to use as a tervigon you could make a better list with those? 2 of them giving FnP to two big stealer broods isnt game winning but works a lot better.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

+ Reply to Thread