<3000 Nearly 2,500 - what to fill in the gap with? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

32 (x2)

Nearly 2,500 - what to fill in the gap with?

O.K. - This is a fairly "fluffy" Eldar List as it includes things because I like the models rather than because I can squeeze the last ounce of math-hammer out of it

Autarch, Mandiblasters, Fusion Gun, Scorpion Chainsword, Warp Jump Generator
    @ 120pts

Farseer, Singing Spear, Doom, Guide, Spirit Stones, Runes of Warding
    @ 138pts
    4, Warlocks, 1 x Embolden, 1 x Enhance, 2 x Destructor

8, Scorpions including Exarch with Scorpion’s Claw, Shadowstrike, Stalker

6, Fire Dragons including Exarch with Firepike, Crackshot, Tank Hunters
    1 x Wave Serpent, T/L Shuriken Cannons, Hull Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones

6, Pathfinders

10, Dire Avengers including Exarch with Power Weapon & Shimmershield, Bladestorm, Defend
    1 x Wave Serpent, T/L Shuriken Cannons, Hull Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones

12, Storm Guardians with 2 x Flamers, Warlock, Spiritseer, Singing Spear, Destructor

12, Guardians with Scatter Laser, Warlock, Spiritseer, Embolden

12, Guardians with Scatter Laser, Warlock, Spiritseer, Embolden

Fast Attack

6, Warp Spiders including Exarch with 2 x Death Spinners, Power Blades, Withdraw

2 x Vypers with Scatter Laser, Hull Shuriken Cannon

Heavy Support

Wraithlord with Bright Lance, Eldar Missile Launcher, 2 x Flamers

Falcon with Pulse Laser, Starcannon, Hull Shuriken Cannon, Holofield, Spirit Stones

Total 2,375pts

So I have about 125pts left over to use up.

The philosophy (if there is one) would be as follows:

Autarch accompanies Spiders who tag-team with Scorpions, the Avengers tag-team with the Dragons and and both Wave Serpents are kept cheap because they'll be dropping off in range. The Farseer & "Seer Council" can use the Falcon to lend support and long range firepower, whilst the Wraithlord provides heavy support for the Guardian Defender "Anvil". The Storm Guardians can support the Scorpions or act as a backstop to the main line and the Vypers can run interference and support the Avengers and Dragons if necessary.

If I add anything I think another "fluffy" unit would be fun - maybe harlequins or wraithguard - any thoughts on this - or what to change in the above.

NB: Yes I know the Falcon has a starcannon but I just wouldn't feel it was Eldar without at least ONE - and surely they can't stay nerfed forever - LOL!!

Last edited by vorlon; October 8th, 2011 at 10:42. Reason: Storm Guardian Warlock Power
    Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.

2. Remove Advertisements

3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

168 (x4)

There is a lot of fluff in using serpents......
    Hight elf and Craftworld Eldar army project pics heavy: linky

+ Reply to Thread