<1000 500 point tau army list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500 point tau army list

This is a 500 point tau army list designed for winning games against non horde army's

Hq - 118p
    shas'o - 75p
    plasma rifle - 20p
    positional relay - 15p
    burst cannon -8p

Body guard - 87p
    plasma rifle - 20p
    missile pod - 12p
    shield generator - 20p

Troops - 195p
    9 fire warriors - 90p
    15 kroot warrior's - 105p

Fast attack - 96p
    4 pathfinder's - 48p
    4 pathfinder's - 48p
    The way that this army works is to support the kroot. you wait until turn 2 and bring the kroot in on a 2+ because of the positional relay then you use 4 path finders to marklight the ballistic skill of the squad closest to the kroot until you have two markerlight counters then you shoot the kroot and if they are close enough to rapidfire. if by then end of markerlighting you still have unused markerlight then markerlight the sqauds leadership as well i find that this is a game winning move crippling the enemy before the game gets bloody.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

First off, your commander and bodyguard should both have multi trackers and PR/MP combo to boost their firepower.

Second, the entire concept is pointless. Kroot do no have a pinning weapon, they do not get to use markerlights to lower leadership tests. The Kroot rifle is not good at wiping out units either, with S4 AP6 it just won't garuntee a squad gets killed off. Even with the 30 shots. Even if it were to remove one unit from the game, there will be other units ready to remove the kroot as an obstacle.

You have no transports or heavy firepower outside of the one body guard with a S7 Mp.

What happens if the opponent takes transports? Now your kroot will be forced to unload it's firepower into the transport first just to expose the troops inside. And remember, it's 5ed so everyone troop has transports.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

Also, Pathfinders MUST take a Devilfish.

If you don't own a codex, you need to buy one.
    If you do own one, you need to read it more.
    Gareth is the person I try to impress when I convert and paint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well considering i have only had the codex for 5 days i would say im doing well. and a missile pod words perfectly for me for troop transport. im a marine player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

You be needing more than the two S7 shots to take down the transports. You should be running all suits with missile pods, they are probably the Tau's best weapon. They have range, volume, and strength and the do it effectively for their cost.

Also Pathfinders might be a bit costly for such a low point game. I'd stick to the two troops choices you have for a good base. Throw a devilfish in for the firewarriors and run the two suits in a fireknife setup, PR/MP and MT.

Positional relay is a bit costly for a one use item. If you want to try a neat trick you could try deepstriking Gun Drones to pop rear armor. But Id just drop the relay and grab a stimulant injector.

If you can, you could try throwing in a few more suits. Deathrains, T/L MP provide a cheap means of popping transports.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i find when in doubt go with plasma rifles or fusion blastas as your anti vehicle

HQ
    Shas'o - drop the burst cannon and position relay for fusion blaster and shield generator or multi tracker
    body guard - give multi tracker

Troops
    Fire Warriors - increase to 12
    Kroot - drop for fire warriors

Fast
    Pathfinders - drop one squad or both cause having to buy a devilfish will take up points, get a piranha with fusion blaster

however this is your list so its up to you on how you play

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Do not increase Fw above 6, especially for small games. And don't drop the Kroot. They will be needed to keep your few suits alive.

+ Reply to Thread