<1000 500pt Tyranid List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500pt Tyranid List

I'm a new tyranid player and just purchased the battleforce. Here is the list I've made and I would love input on where to go from here and how this list is. My main opponet will be IG.

2x Primes- Rending, Deatherspitter

16x Hormagaunts-toxin sacs

16x termagaunts- fleshborers

8x genestealers

500pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boneswords are very cool, so are lashwhips. It's only a tiny bit more than rending claws and much, much better.

Can't really comment much, you've picked the correct upgrades. Genestealers work clean, toxin sacs are the only worthwhile upgrade on them but that does get them expensive. Still re-rolling rending dice is very nice for obvious reasons. Toxin sacs on Hormagaunts is needed really to do something against t4. Termagants are fine plain. You tend to want to run any of your hormagaunts and termagaunts units in groups of 20, but you only have 16 from the battleforce so not much you can do there.

As for where to go it depends what you want from an army , like horde, monstrous creature spam, balance, deep strike list and so on, who you're playing, if you want to be competitive or casual. Still, anti-tank is always going to be important so I'd go for some hive guard to back up your swarm and then I'd get a nasty monstrous creature. Trygons are just plain awesome. You can then bulk out your infantry and you've probably got 1000 points.

jboweruk

I'd agree with that, from a personal pov I'm finding although the Zoanthrope can soak it up, it takes ages to get close enough to dish it out. That 12" range sucks, not for my guard, they love it, as they keep shooting at it and hopefully take it down before it gets to my Lemons. Have to say ppl don't rate Carnifex, but mine just knocked the main gun from a Vanquisher using a Heavy Venom Cannon. I know you need to roll a 6 to actually wreck the thing but still, a few good glances and it's going down anyway.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jboweruk View Post
    I'd agree with that, from a personal pov I'm finding although the Zoanthrope can soak it up, it takes ages to get close enough to dish it out. That 12" range sucks, not for my guard, they love it, as they keep shooting at it and hopefully take it down before it gets to my Lemons. Have to say ppl don't rate Carnifex, but mine just knocked the main gun from a Vanquisher using a Heavy Venom Cannon. I know you need to roll a 6 to actually wreck the thing but still, a few good glances and it's going down anyway.
    Well you'll be pleased to know that the warp lance to destroy vehicles is actually 18 inches and the warp blast to splat armoured 3+ infantry is 24 inches.

It's still short range however considering, they're best used in a spore but in a small game I can almost see them being viable on foot.

You got incredibly lucky with that venom cannon shot in that instance, the majority of the time they do nothing. Fexes are underwhelming due to how much they cost and how easy they are to kill. Trygons are better than them in almost every regard too.

jboweruk

Easy to kill? That Sob soaked it up and laughed at it. Honestly, took 3 wounds and then regenerated all of them befroe I could cause more in one game, remember they aren't alone, there are other threats to the prey creatures and they have to split their fire. Which can play into the hands of any you give regen to.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carnifexes are incredibly easy to kill. They don't get cover saves very often thanks to being monstrous and they have a 3+ save and 4 wounds which means a devastator squad can kill them in one round of shooting, hitting on 3's and wounding on 2's. Not that they need to worry as the thing is so damn slow it will never get into combat. Opponents do not have to split their fire. It seems you are playing bad ones as good players will always focus on one target and move on to the next. They wont leave a monstrous creature alive long enough to somehow regenerate its four wounds.

But hey if it's working in your casual games go for it just realise they wont work in a competitive setting sadly.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Double post.
    Last edited by Twitch; October 30th, 2011 at 04:36.

jboweruk

Personally I'd never use nids in a competitive setting, we don't have near half the stuff we need for them to do at all well. When was the last time you saw the bugs win a tournament?

Best I ever did with 'nids was in a quickfire evening at my local club, we were allowed 200 points Kill Team, I took stealers with toxin sacks and Adrenal glands, (10 strong brood) bang on 200, played 5 won 3 lost 1 drew 1.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just because Tyranids can't compete as well at the moment doesn't mean they can't compete at all, nor that advice on how to make them compete somehow becomes obsolete.

Carnifexes, still bad I'm afraid.

+ Reply to Thread