<1000 New 'Crons 750 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New 'Crons 750

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 'Crons 750

So, I just got the new codex today and I've already whipped up a small list.

Necron 750pts

Hq
    1x Necron Overlord with Warscythe, Resurrection Orb. 130

Troops
    5x Warriors with Gauss Flayers. 65
    5x Warriors with Gauss Flayers. 65

Elite
    5x Lychguard Warscythes. 215

Fast Attack
    3x Necron Destroyers. 120
    5x Canoptek Scarab Swarms. 75

Heavy Support
    Annihilation Barge with TL Tesla Destructor and tesla cannon 90

The plan is the Lord joins the lychguard for a squad with 6 warscythes giving it 19 attacks on the charge and a 4+ resurrection protocol save. Destroyers deal with monstrous creatures and 3+ armor while scarabs go and munch on vehicles. If for whatever reason it isn't destroyed they will move onto the next and let the warriors deal with it. Alternatively the scarabs can go and tarpit a multi wound model and hopefully strip it of it's save The annihilation barge can stick to anti infantry with the warriors or provide some anti transport.

Last edited by Space Pope II; November 5th, 2011 at 18:25.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the Lychguards are illegal. Either everyone has a shield or everyone has a warscythe, which is rather unfortunate. Other than that, looks like a fun way to play since phase out is gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah! Thank you for pointing that out to me, I new something didn't look right. I'll go for all warscythes in that case. It does give me an extra 15 points so I think I'll get rid of a squad of warriors, a scarab swarm and get me an annihilation barge. 5 points left, what to spend them on...
    Last edited by Space Pope II; November 5th, 2011 at 18:22.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

Im not really sure Lychguard will be worth taking without the shields. At such a low initiative they will need a way to survive whatever power weapon/rending attacks that may try to tale them out before they can swing.
    "I am the architect of fate!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking more along the lines of them going for things with powerfists, picking my fights and they are pretty much garunteed to wipe those targets out with 19 attacks including the lord. I could always down the scarabs to 4 bases I suppose, that would give me the points for swords and shields and the scarabs will still be very deadly, the lord would still have the warscythe so I think that would work quite well.
    Last edited by Space Pope II; November 5th, 2011 at 19:24.

+ Reply to Thread