Hello all. I'm new to Warhammer 40k (I just started playing two weeks ago) and decided to go with the Tau. I love the long range capabilities they have and I absolutely love the whole concept, idea, design and flexability of the crisis suits. As the title states, I'm looking for advice on my first army list. This list is geared more for casual play currently as I've only played 2 games ever but I hope to eventually get into the competitive scene. Here's the list:

Fireknife Suit: Shas'el
-Missle Pod
-Plasma Rifle
-Hardwired Multi-Tracker
-Hardwired Drone Controller with 2 shield drones

Elite Slots
Fireknife Suit (x2)
-Plasma Rife
-Missle Pod

Deathrain Suit (x2)
-Twinlinked Missle Pod
-Targeting Array
(Not sure if I maybe want to take a flamer on the third hardpoint or keep the TA. Comments are welcome on this point!)

Burning Eye Suit (x2)
-Twinlinked Plasma Rifle
-Targeting Array

Firewarrior Squad (x12)
-Disruption Pods
(Not sure if I should split these into 2 teams of 6 or keep them as-is)

Heavy Support
Hammerhead (x2)
-Burst Cannon
-Disruption Pod

Broadside: Shas'vre
-Twinlinked Railgun
-Smart Missle System
-Targeting Array
-Hardwired Drone Controller with 2 shield drones

I left my codex at my friends house so I'm not entirely sure how many points this equals out to but I'm trying to get as close to 1000 points as I can right now. A friend got me interested and within our group of gamers we have the following armies: Tyranid, Necron, Eldar, Dark Eldar, Space Marines, Grey Knights and Chaos Space Marines. I am open to any and all criticism, critiques and suggestions so feel free to let me know what you think. I am appreciative to any help I can get in becoming a good Tau player and look forward to fighting for the Greater Good! Thanks again!