<1000 New player looking for some advice on my first army list at 1000 points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

New player looking for some advice on my first army list at 1000 points

Hello all. I'm new to Warhammer 40k (I just started playing two weeks ago) and decided to go with the Tau. I love the long range capabilities they have and I absolutely love the whole concept, idea, design and flexability of the crisis suits. As the title states, I'm looking for advice on my first army list. This list is geared more for casual play currently as I've only played 2 games ever but I hope to eventually get into the competitive scene. Here's the list:

Fireknife Suit: Shas'el
    -Missle Pod
    -Plasma Rifle
    -Hardwired Multi-Tracker
    -Hardwired Drone Controller with 2 shield drones

Elite Slots
    Fireknife Suit (x2)
    -Plasma Rife
    -Missle Pod

Deathrain Suit (x2)
    -Twinlinked Missle Pod
    -Targeting Array
    (Not sure if I maybe want to take a flamer on the third hardpoint or keep the TA. Comments are welcome on this point!)

Burning Eye Suit (x2)
    -Twinlinked Plasma Rifle
    -Targeting Array

Firewarrior Squad (x12)
    -Disruption Pods
    (Not sure if I should split these into 2 teams of 6 or keep them as-is)

Heavy Support
    Hammerhead (x2)
    -Burst Cannon
    -Disruption Pod

Broadside: Shas'vre
    -Twinlinked Railgun
    -Smart Missle System
    -Targeting Array
    -Hardwired Drone Controller with 2 shield drones

I left my codex at my friends house so I'm not entirely sure how many points this equals out to but I'm trying to get as close to 1000 points as I can right now. A friend got me interested and within our group of gamers we have the following armies: Tyranid, Necron, Eldar, Dark Eldar, Space Marines, Grey Knights and Chaos Space Marines. I am open to any and all criticism, critiques and suggestions so feel free to let me know what you think. I am appreciative to any help I can get in becoming a good Tau player and look forward to fighting for the Greater Good! Thanks again!

2. Remove Advertisements

5 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

11 (x1)

A few technical faults; in 40k you need 2 troop units. That is to say, force organisation slot filled. Not 2 scoring units. Also the commander needs 3 hardpoints filled, I would suggest a targeting array. Besides that, it all seems rather impressive for a newcomer, you've obviously done your research, and kudos to you for that. Burining eye suits are a little overkill at this points level, remove them and use the points to get a new fire warrior squad and the targeting array for the commander. As for death rains I like targeting arrays, as the NEVER miss with them. It's not so much an upgrade but a layer of security, if you're willing to take a minor risk go for a flamer, or a blacksun filter works well at this level as few units can shoot in night fighting below 1500.

Some tips for moving up to 1500:
    Pathfinders. And plenty of them. You can let fire warriors ride in their transport so it's not wasted.
    More broadsides won't go a miss.
    Otherwise more of the same. Good work!
    "Victory is sweet, blood is sweeter." - Aun'Vre

+ Reply to Thread