<3000 Arch-Arsonist of Charadon (need help reducing cost) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arch-Arsonist of Charadon (need help reducing cost)

The Arch-Arsonist of Charadon has broke free of the Ultima Segmentum and declared a WAAAGH on the universe at large! Or at least that is the plan as soon as I figure out how to fit this army list into 2000 points.

Here is what ive got so far.

HQ
    The Arch-Arsonist of Charadon!
    Big Mek
    -KFF
    -Burna
    -'Eavy Armor
    -Cybork Body

Mad Dok Grotsnik

Total: 275

Troops
    24 Shoota 'Ard Boyz
    -2x Big Shootas
    -Nob w/Klaw
    -24x Cybork Bodies

12 Shoota Boyz
    -1x Big Shoota
    -Nob w/Big Choppa and 'eavy Armor
    -Trukk (no upgrades)

12 Shoota Boyz
    -1x Big Shoota
    -Trukk (no upgrades)

12 Shoota Boyz
    -1x Big Shoota
    -Trukk (no upgrades)

Deff Dread
    -2x Skorcha

Total: 886

Elite
    15 Burna Boyz

12 Kommandos
    -Snikrot
    -2x Burnas
    -12x Cybork Bodies

Total: 520

Heavy Support
    Battlewagon
    -Armor Plates
    -Grot Riggers
    -Deff Rolla
    -Kanon
    -4x Big Shoota

3 Killa Kans
    -3x Rokkit

3 Killa Kans
    -3x Rokkit

Total: 455

GRAND TOTAL: 2136

So the plan is to pile the Arch-Arsonist and the burna boys into the battlewagon, and put the trukks around it.. that will server as one arm of my force.. while the other arm will be my 24 ard boyz marching behind the kans and the dread. Snikrot will be attached to the kommandos and serve as my nasty surprise

The only problem is that im 136 points over budget and I dont know where else I can afford to make cuts. Im pretty new to all this and im trying to strike a balance between effective, fun, and agreeable with the fluff.

Any advice from experienced players is welcome. Maybe im going about this the wrong way entirely? I dunno.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lose the Cybork Bodies, thats the big thing and get more bodies on the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tepogue View Post
    Lose the Cybork Bodies, thats the big thing and get more bodies on the field.
    Yeah I was hoping that someone would see a way around that .. but oh well..you are right.

Well if im gonna drop the cybork bodies then I dont see the point in bringing along the mad dok anymore. So if I drop all that... im thinking my new list might be:

HQ
    The Arch-Arsonist of Charadon!
    Big Mek
    -KFF
    -Burna
    -'Eavy Armor
    -Cybork Body

Old Zogwart

Total: 265

Troops
    24 Shoota 'Ard Boyz
    -2x Big Shootas
    -Nob w/Klaw

12 Shoota Boyz
    -1x Big Shoota
    -Nob w/Klaw and 'eavy Armor
    -Trukk w/ram

12 Shoota Boyz
    -1x Big Shoota
    -Trukk w/ram

12 Shoota Boyz
    -1x Big Shoota
    -Trukk w/ram

Deff Dread
    -2x Skorcha

Total: 841

Elite
    15 Burna Boyz
    15 Lootas

Total: 450

Heavy Support
    Battlewagon
    -Armor Plates
    -Grot Riggers
    -Deff Rolla
    -Kanon
    -1x Big Shoota

3 Killa Kans
    -3x Rokkit

3 Killa Kans
    -3x Rokkit

Total: 440

GRAND TOTAL: 1996

I removed the mad dok and replaced him with old zogwart. Then removed the kommandos and took 15 lootas instead. Got rid of the cybork bodies on the ard boys and also 3 of the big shootas on the battlewagon. All together this freed up enough points for me to put power klaws on the 3 nobs in the trukks, and put rams on the front of the trukks themselves.

I was kinda looking forward to ambushing in with Snikrot and the Mad Dok, but i hear lootas are pretty nice to have around too

You also said I should get more models on the table.. with this list ive currently got around 100 models on the table. You dont think thats enough?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

100 bodies is about the minimium in an Ork army, I myself tried 'Ard Boyz, but honestly, I run into Grey Knights, IG, SW armies as the majority of local players. This means I face AP 4 all over the place. Autocannons, Psyfile Dreads, Hydras, etc, etc. The extra cost of 'Ard Boyz isn't justified since I never get to roll the 4+ saves. I pretty much only ever get to roll the 5+ KFF saves.

for the Trukk Boyz, you can see an army I'm thinking of play testing in my thread in the MSU Shooty Orks. Here's what I run into worst case:

11 boyz, and a pk nob jump out of trukk, assault Rhino. Rhino will have moved enough to claim the 4+ needed to hit. 43 attacks from boyz, 20 hits, 2-3 6's which are glancing hits, and pretty much all it does is shake it. 4 PK attacks, 2 hits, 2 penetrates, only a 2/6 chance to destroy the transport. The end result is the orks standing with their pants down. As the 2x meltaguns, each kill 1, 3 rapid firing bolters, 6 shots, kill another 2-3. Then the other nearby Rhino's crews finish off the rest.

I tend to just go big or don't bother. If you want to assault, then 3x Battlewagons with 20 boyz inside. or 3 x30 boyz on foot, both under KFF protection.

I don't currenlty own dreads/kanz, so can't comment on them.

+ Reply to Thread