<3000 2000 pts, competitive - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

61 (x2)

2000 pts, competitive

Looking to get my army up to date without buying too much stuff. Or at least that was the idea to begin with, it seems to have sort of died. Anyway:

Imotekh the Stormlord
    -Necron lord with Res. Orb
    -Cryptek with Eldritch Lance and Solar Pulse

C'tan Shard with Lord of Fire and Writhing Worldscape

10 Warriors in a Ghost Ark
    10 Warriors in a Ghost Ark
    10 Immortals with Tesla Carbines (Imotekh and Res. Orb here)
    5 Immortals with Gauss Blasters (Cryptek here)

Fast Attack
    3 Canoptek Wraiths with Whip Coils
    5 Canoptek Scarabs
    6 Canoptek Scarabs

Heavy Support
    Annihilation Barge
    Annihilation Barge

This comes to 2000 points exactly. My only real concern is that the C'tan shard seems a bit lonely, and I would have liked to have 2, but they are so expensive, and I wanted to make sure I had Wraiths and enough Scarabs. I don't have any games with the new dex under my belt yet, but if you have, let me know what you think.

The enemy's gate is down

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

20 (x1)

since the new codex has come out i have been having a few practice games against several friends

changes to make -

HQ: fine nothing wrong with that

Troops: fine. i would however swap the immortal squads with each other
    10 immortals with guass blasters w/imotek and orb lord
    5 immortals with carbines w/cryptek

and also for the warriors i might recommend cutting 1 warrior from each unit and buying a lord with orb for each (improves the protocols)

Elite: i would drop the ctan shard he seems that he is only there for the worldscape and thats it, the lord of fire is only good if you know and i mean 100% certain that the enemy army will have lots of flamers and burnas

if your heart is set on ctan than either give the ctan pireshards and worldscape (make use of the high BS), moulder and world or some powerful cc perks (these will cost more so you might have to make some cuts to your list)

Fast: still fine just a few minor changes. remove one coil from your wraiths (wound allocation), cut one scarab out from the six unit (5 is enough for both) or cut a scarab unit entirely

since its 2k you will probably come across some rather big tanks so maybe buy some heavy destro's

Heavy: and again fine. lith is great at acting as a bullet magnet and the barges are great for sweeping up horde and light armour units

overall you have a great list just a few modification here and there

ctan do seem to attract lots of enemy fire (which is good ... sort of) but he might die early one and you will be down 200 + points so just play around with him and suit him up for either cc or shooting (since he is a monstrous creature he can fire two weapons a turn)

+ Reply to Thread