1850 NECRONS TOURNEY lvl *** CRITIQUE PLZ*** - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 NECRONS TOURNEY lvl *** CRITIQUE PLZ***

Hello fellow players, the idea behind this list is to abuse Nightfight control new necron codex can deploy.

So here is the list:

=HQ=
    Imotekh .................................................. ................................... 225
    Royal Court: 3 Crypteks, with VoD, Solar P. and Chrono ................... 155
    =HQ=
    Vargard Obyron .................................................. ........................ 160

=Troops=

5 Necron Warriors .................................................. ................... 65
    5 Necron Warriors .................................................. ................... 65
    10 Necron Inmortals .................................................. ............... 170

=Elite=

6 Lychguards w/ Hyperphase Swords and Dispertion Shields .......... 270

=Fast=

6 Canoptek Scarabs .................................................. ............... 95

=Heavy=

3 Canoptek Spyders w/ 1 Repair and 1 Prism .............................. 175
    Monolith .................................................. ............................... 200
    Monolith .................................................. ............................... 200
    Total .................................................. .................................. 1850

Strategy:

Imotekh is here for board control, he runs a squad with the 10 Inmortals and the Chrono hardbringer, the trick is to keep Night fight during most of the battle, most of times you can extend it rerolling the dice til turn 4 and by turn 5 you can use your solar pulse. Rethenless inmortals are a nice strong Squad for multiple porposes, defend or attack later on with monoliths gates.

Vargard Obyron is the spyders deployment tool, turn 1 he VoD forward and leave this nice 3 Mostruous creatures in the center of enemy tank park or any other sensible area. After that he can stay there fighting with the spyders, leave the squad and go for a target alone, go to suport Lytchguards or even taxi the inmortals to medium range positioning.

Necron Warriors are mainly staying in reserve and been transported later with monoliths or vargard VoD to scoring positions once cleaned, use reserve and monolith LoS or Gate to keep them safe.

Necron Inmortals the main and almost only (with the late comming monoliths) shooting this army got, take it easy, the less they shoot the best everything is going on. Anyway they are still a nice 10 rapidfiring Gaus Blasters that can destroy almost any vehicle or squad.

Lychguards w/ Hyperphase Swords and Dispertion Shields are the heart of this army, love the model and love the resistance this guys can have once you convine them properly with Independant Chars. First turn they go up with VoD Cryptek to assaulting range, lets see who dares to fire at them in the remote case nightfight allow them. Later on Once the monoliths are on board and once spyders are moving their way throught enemy Armor and weak squads you can try to turtle and deathstar both IC in this unit for mayor mobility and 4+ RP.

Canoptek Scarabs Dirty cheaters of the codex, use them while they are hot with Spyder production dirty trick for turn 1 assault. So basically produce 3 new Scarabs, move, run and assault in your very first turn any tank or transport wou want out of the game fast. If you decide to have Scarabs and Spyders fighting near by turn 2 youll keep up the mass production.

Canoptek Spyders ridicolous cheap and the posibility to attach an independant character to the squad like Vargard and alpha strike them in turn 1 makes them a game crakers.

Monolith is the perfect final bost to this army, start both of them in reserve and DS them. They are slow and will come in turns 2 or 3 but who cares, Nightfiting during almost the whole battle do this Shooting Piramids the perfect tank/movility trick for mid/late game. Use them to finish enemy and table him by turn 4 or 5.

Only 3 proxy battles, but I own BA and SW so far.

CRITIC THE ARMY PLEASE AS I PLAN TO BUY THE MODELS AND WANT TO BE SURE ABOUT IT.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Put this topic in the necron section of the army forum. The majority of us browsing the general army portion of the forums have no idea how the new necrons play, let alone the experience needed to critique your list.
    Tau my love! You are back!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by kzqq View Post
    Put this topic in the necron section of the army forum. The majority of us browsing the general army portion of the forums have no idea how the new necrons play, let alone the experience needed to critique your list.
    Done.

*thread moved*
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Correct me if I'm wrong, as I don't have my book, but I thought ICs couldn't join MC's. Otherwise it might be nice to attach a 3++ overlord with a WS + Orb to a C'Tan for extra survivability and cc punch.....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

184 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by abbazabba1920 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, as I don't have my book, but I thought ICs couldn't join MC's. Otherwise it might be nice to attach a 3++ overlord with a WS + Orb to a C'Tan for extra survivability and cc punch.....
    Nah, the rule is that ICs can't join units that always consist of one model. Since Spyders can have more than one model an IC can join them no problem. Can't join a C'tan, though as it is a unit that always consists of one model.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

184 (x5)

Sorry about the double post. Also I swear I've already commented on this list, did you post this on another site?

Anywho onto the strategy if you don't mind.

But first a question for you to ponder: How the heck are you going to deal with mechanized lists?

Strategy:

Imotekh is here for board control, he runs a squad with the 10 Inmortals and the Chrono hardbringer, the trick is to keep Night fight during most of the battle, most of times you can extend it rerolling the dice til turn 4 and by turn 5 you can use your solar pulse. Rethenless inmortals are a nice strong Squad for multiple porposes, defend or attack later on with monoliths gates.
    Chrono does not work on Lord of the Storm. Chrono says that the model carrying it or his unit may use the re-roll. Lord of the Storm says you may roll the dice. You are neither the Cryptek nor are you part of the unit. If the rule said "Imotekh" or "The Stormlord" (or some variant), then yes it would work, but it doesn't so RAW you can't do this.

Vargard Obyron is the spyders deployment tool, turn 1 he VoD forward and leave this nice 3 Mostruous creatures in the center of enemy tank park or any other sensible area. After that he can stay there fighting with the spyders, leave the squad and go for a target alone, go to suport Lytchguards or even taxi the inmortals to medium range positioning.
    How is putting your Spyders (which suck at CC and honestly aren't that hard to kill even with wound allocation tricks) a good idea? Hell you're making target prioritization even easier for the enemy as now they don't have to move forward and risk med-range shooting while night-fight is in effect. Trust me, inflicting 9 (honestly only 7 before you start loosing models) wounds on T6 3+ at close range (plasma, melta, dark lances, etc) critters isn't very hard. Ask any nid player (I'm one as well)....and they have 6 wounds a piece, not 3.

Necron Warriors are mainly staying in reserve and been transported later with monoliths or vargard VoD to scoring positions once cleaned, use reserve and monolith LoS or Gate to keep them safe.
    Works to an extent I guess. Just if they come in from reserves early that they have cover or hope night-fight is still in effect. Also means you have to bee-line the monoliths towards objects or you won't have chance in hell in winning an objective game.

Necron Inmortals the main and almost only (with the late comming monoliths) shooting this army got, take it easy, the less they shoot the best everything is going on. Anyway they are still a nice 10 rapidfiring Gaus Blasters that can destroy almost any vehicle or squad.
    Destroy a vehicle? With Gauss? Heheheh. Destroy a squad? With Rapid-Fire heavy bolters? You're going to have to get to very close range to actually get the number of shots off to make that work and while you're moving you aren't shooting at 24". An Overlord with Phaeron would help with that (seriously why do you even have the Vargard in this list, he isn't doing much for the army?).

Lychguards w/ Hyperphase Swords and Dispertion Shields are the heart of this army, love the model and love the resistance this guys can have once you convine them properly with Independant Chars. First turn they go up with VoD Cryptek to assaulting range, lets see who dares to fire at them in the remote case nightfight allow them. Later on Once the monoliths are on board and once spyders are moving their way throught enemy Armor and weak squads you can try to turtle and deathstar both IC in this unit for mayor mobility and 4+ RP.
    I would dare to shoot at them. Seriously if you don't manage mishap that close or scatter out of range then it's easy enough to just back away and torrent them down. Plus you can only reflect the shots that are AP3 or better. And at that close of range night-fight doesn't even matter (anything but snake eyes means they can see you).

Canoptek Scarabs Dirty cheaters of the codex, use them while they are hot with Spyder production dirty trick for turn 1 assault. So basically produce 3 new Scarabs, move, run and assault in your very first turn any tank or transport wou want out of the game fast. If you decide to have Scarabs and Spyders fighting near by turn 2 youll keep up the mass production.
    So you make three scarabs (which won't be able to hit those juicy vehicles you want to kill because no one in a tournament is going to be stupid enough to deploy in such away that you'll be able to reach them. Expect them to deploy far away from the scarabs or just have a meat-shield in front of them (50-100 points worth of IG, DE warriors, ork boyz or a small 150-200 point squad of marines spaced out at maximum coherency should more than enough)

Canoptek Spyders ridicolous cheap and the posibility to attach an independant character to the squad like Vargard and alpha strike them in turn 1 makes them a game crakers.
    Of course they can assault if you alpha strike them in and then they don't have to safety of night-fight. Bye Bye scarabs! 6 bases (9 with the spyders) honestly aren't enough. Templates and blasts will chew through them along with high ROF S6 weapons (multilasers and assault cannons). All it takes is for one vehicle to paint them with a search-light and the pain will come.

Don't get me wrong, scarabs are good. But your going to need more than 6 bases. Now two units of 6+ bases with two units of 2 or 3 spyders would potentially work.

Monolith is the perfect final bost to this army, start both of them in reserve and DS them. They are slow and will come in turns 2 or 3 but who cares, Nightfiting during almost the whole battle do this Shooting Piramids the perfect tank/movility trick for mid/late game. Use them to finish enemy and table him by turn 4 or 5.
    Wait, wait, wait. Reserves? Along with the warriors? So all you are starting on the field are the scarabs, spiders + the Vargard, and the Lychguard + Cryptek.....which are all teleporting/moving fast to the enemy lines? You do that and you will almost always auto-lose every objective game and you will most likely lost most if not all of those fast units you're shoving into the enemy's face.

Tyranids that hit in waves like that fail miserably...and they're better at it. What makes you think that Necrons can pull it off?

I'm sorry this list simply doesn't have the dakka or the CC punch to be any significant threat. Honestly I don't think this is a very strong list or that it will do well in tournaments.

+ Reply to Thread