<2000 1500 point tourney list + 1 unit 250pts at most - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 point tourney list + 1 unit 250pts at most

i have a tournament coming up in a week, and was wanting some advice on my list... however cant talk to most of my friends at my flgs because i dont want them getting any ideas

so here it goes:

HQ:
    Imotehk, the stormlord - XXX
    Royal court: Cryptek- Harbinger of Eternity, chronometron - 40 points

Anrakyr, the Traveler; command barge - 245 points
    Royal court: Cryptek- Harbinger of Destruction, Gaze of Flame, Solar pulse - 65 points

Troops:
    8x necron warriors; Ghost Ark - 221 points

8x necron warriors; Ghost Ark - 221 points

9x immortals(Pyrrhian Eternals) - xxx

Fast Attack:
    6x Canoptek Scarabs - xxx

6x Canoptek Scarabs - xxx

Heavy:
    3x Canoptek Spyders - xxx

Total: 1500 points

Extra 250 point unit for some scenario/s in the tournament
    6x Canoptek Wraiths; 4x Whip Coils - 250 points

the list is simple both royal courts and imotehk join the immortals to make them relentless. the chronometron is mainly used to keep the night fight going (among other uses throughout the turn). Solar pulse so that either i can shoot when i need to or to prevent my opponent from shooting if night fighting goes away early. Anrakyr in the command barge to make sweeping attacks in order to get rid of vehicles/MCs/deathstar units, while providing me with the ability of mind in the machine.

the warriors should last a while in their arks while shooting up targets that have already been chewed on by the scarabs.

the immortals and friends are going to be the unit that hopefully tears stuff up, but we'll see.

lastly the spyders provided me with the potential to first turn assault with my scarabs, nothing like removing a vehicle from the board first turn.

thanks for checking the list out and i would appreciate all comments in order to make this list more effective

Last edited by fateweaver; November 14th, 2011 at 06:27.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice list you seem to have everything planned which is very important

i am not entirely sure if both crypteks can join the same unit (generally no but since they are from different courts i become unsure)

i am not entirely sure why you are including anrakyr, you can just get a normal overlord on a barge unless if you want to use his machine power than it is a waste of points

troops are good but you might want another unit of immortals or warriors (no ghost ark is required) just to boost numbers

fast is good

your spyders seem to be just there, they will have a tough time catching a tank and appear to be a massive point sink

i would recommend dropping Anrakyr for a normal overlord with scythe and barge (cheaper) and dropping your spyders

i would get a annihilation barge (they seem rather popular) or a doomsday ark (because they are powerful)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well anrakyr is their for a few reasons, one being mind in the machine. another turning the immortals into pyrrhian eternals, and also furious charge/counterattack on himself if he loses his barge.

the pyrrhian eternals gain counter-attack, combined with the gaze of flame harbinger is pretty interesting. if assaulted they have defensive grenades, so the opponent doesnt get the plus 1 attack, while with counter attack i should be able to get that one attack. and if not assaulted the pyrrhian eternals can fire their gauss and use furious charge to dent up the opponent.

i could see maybe getting rid of the spyders and get an annihilation barge, but they seem to poorly armed for my taste. most people want them to take out vehicles after entropic strikes have taken effect. and yes you can penetrate with their tesla weapons, but with AP - and minus 1 to the damage chart it doesnt seem terribly effective.

the doomsday ark has no place in this list from what i can tell, because A.) its slow... and B.) its ranged weapon wont be terribly effective with nightfight occuring hopefully most of the game.

but thanks for the suggestions, i will definitly look into them.

+ Reply to Thread