Librarium Online Forums banner

Anrakyr the Traveller - 1000 points

<2000 
2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  collegeguy537 
#1 ·
Anrakyr the Traveller
Command Barge

5 x Immortals w/tesla carbines (Pyrrhean Immortals)

10 x Warriors
Ghost Ark

10 x Warriors
Ghost Ark

Annihilation Barge

Annihilation Barge

TOTAL: 1000 points exact

Tactics: Immortals and Annihilation Barges are used defensively. They stay back, guarding one objective in objective games, and generally delivering supporting fire with constant 30" range. Anrakyr and Ghost Arks, on the other hand, are used together in very offensive way. Anrakyr has plenty of ways to pop transports (tachyon arrow, sweeping strike, machine mind and assault) while Ghost Arks filled with Warriors can cause a huge number of glances and/or kill infantry as needed.

Critique, comments and suggestions welcome.

See less See more
#2 ·
its one of the better lists i have seen with anrakyr being used

i might advise increasing the immortal squad, 5 is not enough especially if the enemy has a decent turn of shooting

other than that the list is great

also annihilation barges seem to have become the new destroyer unit (a must have)

#3 ·
What if they deepstrike terms or some other dedicated assault unti behind your lines? There seems to be very little defense against that. Maybe drop a warrior squad for some wraiths? The can be defensive, and in kill point games a very effective frontline assault unit.

#5 ·
Wraiths don't have any reasonable models so far. No, I don't consider the almost-impossible-to-assemble metal ones reasonable.

#4 ·
I think it's a decent list. Haven't got many games under my belt with the new Necrons yet, so this is just theory, but I think you would be better off getting rid of the 2nd Ghost Ark. Use those points to get a couple of Crypteks with Eldricht Lances for your Warriors, giving them some much-needed duality.

This also allows you to squeeze in a Solar Pulse. Almost essential, considering you have no shooting over 24" (except the Tachyon Arrow), and helps you survive any first turn alpha strikes while you get yourself into range.

#8 ·
My experience with Ghost Arks is that treating them like Rhinos is a mistake. They're best used supporting two units of Warriors, one on foot, one in the Ark, to make maximum use of the Repair protocols. Get rid of one Ark and buy some more Immortals. I'd also second the call to try and fit some Wraiths into your list, since Wraiths are just plain sick in this codex, quite possibly the best unit we have.

#9 · (Edited)
I have two new possible incarnations for this list and would dearly love some comments and suggestions, especially considering which one is better:

Option #1

Anrakyr
Catacomb Command Barge

Court - Harbringer of Storm

10 Immortals w/tesla (Pyrrhian Eternals)

10 Warriors

10 Warriors

Ghost Ark

Annihilation Barge

Annihilation Barge

This one is really tight on points, so I could squeeze in only Harbringer Destruction and must settle for cheaper one. HoS is basically there just to give 4 more S5 shots to Immortals. The Command Barge with Anrakyr on board is still the premier anti-tank in addition to the Annihilation Barges.

Option #2

Anrakyr

10 Immortals w/tesla (Pyrrhian Eternals)

10 Warriors

10 Warriors

Ghost Ark

3 Wraiths w/1xParticle Caster

Annihilation Barge

Annihilation Barge

This list totally loses to Command Barge in favor of some Wraiths into the setup. Wraiths can shred up tanks probably quite as well as Command Barge, but not Anrakyr is left footbound and will probably be forced to join the Immortals. And no, there wasn't enough points left for the Whip Coils.

#10 ·
I would do Option One with some minor changes. I’d drop the Harbinger of the storm and two warriors and instead place a Harbinger of destruction with a solar pulse in the ark with the eight warriors.

Result a strength 8 weapon with av13 protection, the benefit of a solar pulse and a cost of 999pts.

#11 ·
i would go with option one, anrakyr in a command barge is beast, i would try for a distruction cryptek with solar pulse this way u can walk up to ur 24 in range and deny them a turn of heavy shooting on you. plus putting him in a ghost ark shooting 36 inchees s.8 can pop a rino for ya. and yes scarabs are awsome in 1k point games.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.