<3000 2000pts Competitive - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

2000pts Competitive

New to the army, but thought I would have a go at making a tournament list as well as my shopping list of cool stuff.

Hq 420
    3 Haemonculi w/ 3 liquifier guns, 3 crucibles of malediction
    3 Haemonculi w/ 3 liquifier guns

Troops 520
    5 Warriors w/ shredder, splinter cannon
    -raider w/ flickerfield
    -raider w/ flickerfield
    -raider w/ flickerfield
    -raider w/ flickerfield

Elites 474
    4 Incubi
    -Raider w/ flickerfield
    4 Incubi
    -Raider w/ flickerfield
    4 Incubi
    -Raider w/ flickerfield

Fast Attack 234
    3 Reavers w/ heatlance
    3 Reavers w/ heatlance
    3 Reavers w/ heatlance

Heavy Support
    Ravager
    Ravager
    Ravager

Total: 1993

The idea of the list is target saturation, do they shoot the seemingly vulnerable troops, or the long range fire support, or the combat units barrelling towards them, or the sneaky reavers who could mess up their fire support etc.
    The haemonculi move depending on the game.

I have 16 dark lances, 3 heat lances for AT. I have 26 KPs on offer (ouch!), but it's all about the alpha strike... right?
    It's a shame there's no reliable anti-pysker in the army, even 3 crucibles only kills a quarter of their Ld10 psykers (although they are mandatory against grey knights if I'm to stand any chance).

In kill points my tactics depend on the enemy list. In objectives, warriors go in reserve, their raiders pick them up mid-late game (at least two should still be alive...). I would try and focus on one flank, with reavers flanking that flank, and ravagers on the other flan.. side of the board.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Oh No! Not Him Again! Non Marine Player's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

94 (x2)

Right then...

1. Sorry mate, but crucible's are 1 per army, that'll save you 40 points
    2. Splinter cannons can only be taken on 10 man squads as well, so removing them will give you 40 more points to play around with

Otherwise the list seems legit =) With the remaining points you can now put night sheilds and flickerfields on your ravagers and will have enough points left over to put some venom blades onto Haemys. Also, some might say that, whilst Haemys are good, you use them to add pain tokens to assault units whilst being fire support and seeing as you have 3 incubi units, having 6 Haemys might be slightly unnecessary, so you could save points there and try to max out your troops choices.

Idea of the list seems good overall, you may want to add a few more lances however, a good rule of thumb for us is for at least 1 per 100 points.

Hope it helps,
    NMP
    Last edited by Non Marine Player; November 16th, 2011 at 22:50.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

81 (x2)

Thanks for the help.
    Given the ravagers night shields and flicker fields
    Dropped 3 haemonculi for another warrior squad
    Given all 5 warrior squads blasters. (that's now 17 dark lances, 3 heat lances, 5 blasters)
    Is the codex really lacking in anti-psyker that much? Damn

Oh No! Not Him Again! Non Marine Player's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

94 (x2)

I find that repeated Dark Lance headshots are a reasonable Psyker deterrent, but yes, we don't get anything to stop them, just like Tau we suffer against psychic power heavy armies a tad. Good choice with the blasters, 25 is a very respectable number to put yourself at, plus 5 troops choices is a very good number, only really beaten by 6 =P

You're aim of target saturation is particularly good with the massed raiders. Very unlikely for you to lose all of your skimmers in one turn, in fact its downright unfortunate if you do. Anyone not demoralised by seeing 11 skimmers on the opponent's side of the board is either really naive, really confident, really dumb, or an Imperial Guard general =P

+ Reply to Thread