<1000 750 Shooty - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 750 Shooty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

750 Shooty

Necron 750pts

Hq
    Over Lord
    Warscythe.
    Royal Court
    2x Crypteks with Harbinger of Transmogrification.
    2x Crypteks with Harbinger of Destruction.

Troops
    Warriors
    5x warriors with Gauss Flayers.
    Warriors
    5x warriors with Gauss Flayers.

Fast Attack
    Necon Destroyer Squadron
    3xNecron Destroyers with Gauss Cannons.
    Necon Destroyer Squadron
    3xNecron Destroyers with Heavy Gauss Cannons.

Heavy Support
    Annihilation Barge
    With Twin Linked Tesla Destructor and Tesla Cannon.

The title says it all. I'm after a semi competitive list with as little CC as possible. The Main Idea is to have the destroyers on one flank, hopefully the normal ones giving the heavies a cover save. The Annihilation Barge is on the opposite flank and it will slowly retreat along with the destroyers when the enemy advances. The Transmogrification Crypteks will be attached to the warrior squads and and use their Tremorstaves to slow down the enemy, giving me more time to mop them up. The other two Crypteks hide in cover and snipe unsuspecting terminators and the like while the lord will be ready to counter charge anything that get's charged. I would appreciate any help but I have one condition. No CC units of any kind apart from the lord. Thanks in advance =)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overlord and crypteks are good. 5 warrior squads are pretty worthless. And the 3 normal destroyer squad seems expensive.
    I'd go for 3 Heavy Destroyers + 1 Destroyer instead. And if you're shooty, gauss flayers will be pretty useless.
    Not too much a fan of the barge, you don't really need the s7 when you have the heavy destroyers and eldritch lances.
    I might opt for switching the warriors and barge for a group of 8 and 9 immortals with tesla carbines allowing them to shoot and move. It will deal much better with the large groups (which doesn't seem covered) since tesla always gets saves anyway, and with the harps, even armored infantry and vehicles will fall to s5 in a few turns. The immortals can also hold their own in CC if you need it (you can't outrun everything all the time!).

The only major problem with your plan is the 2x5 warriors, its virtually useless how I see it unless you have a reason (other than fulfilling 2 troop slots).

My version would look more like:

Over Lord (Warscythe) + 2x Crypteks with Harbinger of Destruction
    9 Immortals tesla + Cryptek with Harbinger of Transmogrification (Harp)
    8 Immortals tesla + Cryptek with Harbinger of Transmogrification (Harp)
    3 Heavy Desoryers + 1 Destroyer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Foreverkul View Post
    Overlord and crypteks are good. 5 warrior squads are pretty worthless. And the 3 normal destroyer squad seems expensive.
    I'd go for 3 Heavy Destroyers + 1 Destroyer instead. And if you're shooty, gauss flayers will be pretty useless.
    Not too much a fan of the barge, you don't really need the s7 when you have the heavy destroyers and eldritch lances.
    I might opt for switching the warriors and barge for a group of 8 and 9 immortals with tesla carbines allowing them to shoot and move. It will deal much better with the large groups (which doesn't seem covered) since tesla always gets saves anyway, and with the harps, even armored infantry and vehicles will fall to s5 in a few turns. The immortals can also hold their own in CC if you need it (you can't outrun everything all the time!).

The only major problem with your plan is the 2x5 warriors, its virtually useless how I see it unless you have a reason (other than fulfilling 2 troop slots).

My version would look more like:

Over Lord (Warscythe) + 2x Crypteks with Harbinger of Destruction (170)
    9 Immortals tesla + Cryptek with Harbinger of Transmogrification (Harp) (182)
    8 Immortals tesla + Cryptek with Harbinger of Transmogrification (Harp) (164)
    3 Heavy Destroyers + 1 Destroyer (220)

= 736
    I agree with most of this, however the harps aren't needed, and they're really expensive. I'd take them out.

I also don't really get why you need the eldritch lances when you have a Heavy Destroyer squad that can take out tanks/termies already. I'd take them out for a catacomb command barge, which makes your overlord a legitimate threat.

I'd also keep the annihilation barge in there, to make your opponent have to prioritise. this should make your list something like this.

Don't think you need 2 big immortal squads, so I'd make the 8 man a 5 man. This should give you a list something like this...

Over Lord w/ warscythe, ccb (180)
    9 Immortals tesla + Cryptek with Harbinger of Transmogrification (183)
    5 Immortals tesla + Cryptek with Harbinger of Transmogrification (115)
    3 Heavy Destroyers (180)
    1 Annihilation Barge (90)

=748

Not sure if this is what you wanted, but hey, I gave it a shot. Let me know what you think :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Must have miscalculated something :o

How about this then:

Overlord (Scythe) + 5 Harbingers of Destruction
    5 Immortals Tesla
    5 Immortals Tesla
    3 Heavy Destroyers
    2 Heavy Destroyers
    [745]

With 10 ap2 weapons you're bound to get at least 5 wounds in

Or just to be a jerk:
    Overlord + 4 Transmogrification
    Ctan (Writhing Worldscape, Thunderbolt)
    2x8 Immortals gauss (1 transmog in each)

Move D6" and on 1/6 chance on each model in the unit to get a wound, rapid fire to death
    Last edited by Foreverkul; November 30th, 2011 at 05:17.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm trying to keep away from immortals partly due to fluff reasons (all the immortals are turning into destroyers) but partly because of cost. I'd rather spend £40 on warriors than £80 on immortals for the same amount of models. Anyway, second draft of the list...

Necron 750pts

Hq
    Over Lord
    Warscythe.
    Catacomb Command Barge with Gauss Cannon.
    Royal Court
    2x Crypteks with Harbinger of Transmogrification.

Troops
    Warriors
    7x warriors with Gauss Flayers.
    Warriors
    7x warriors with Gauss Flayers.

Fast Attack
    Necon Destroyer Squadron
    3xNecron Destroyers with Heavy Gauss Cannons.
    Necon Destroyer Squadron
    2xNecron Destroyers with Heavy Gauss Cannons.

Heavy Support
    Annihilation Barge
    With Twin Linked Tesla Destructor and Tesla Cannon.

+ Reply to Thread