<1000 Fun Tourney/Campaign list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fun Tourney/Campaign list

Not a Necron Player myself, but my friend inherited some models and has asked me to find out what he needs to make things work. He doesnt want to over complicate his army and would rather have a few hard hitting units than a dozen all over the place. Simplicity is the Key. I'll list below what he has and would realy appreciate if anyone can fill in the gaps? I need 1000Points. Cheers Guys.

HQ

Necron Overlord w/ Resrection Orb, Warscythe (130pts)

ELITE

x5 Pretorians (200pts)

TROOPS

Cryptek w/ Abyssal Staff (30pts)
    x12 Necron Warriors (156pts)
    Cryptek w/ Abyssal Staff (30pts)
    x12 Necron Warriors (156pts)

HEAVY SUPPORT

Canoptek Spyder w/ Fabricator Claw Array (60pts)

FAST ATTACK

x3 Destroyers 1w/ Heavy Gause Cannon (140pts)

x6Canoptek Scarabs (90pts)

Other armies in the Campaign are Space Wolves (tank heavy) and Sons of Terra (footslogger) and maybe an Eldar/Dark eldar mobile force.
    Have Added a unitof Pretorians and some Destroyers. The only units he doesnt ownis the Pretorians and the two Cryptek's. Any major modifications to be made?

992pts

Last edited by edwards30061217; December 1st, 2011 at 00:38.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

First of all, the Necron Lord is not an HQ selection anymore, he is now part of the Royal Court (like a command squad). You have to take a Necron Overlord, which will be 130 points with your load out.

Scarabs are ridiculously good now, and you should be able to completely deny LOS to them on a cityscape board until they're ready to assault. Spyders also produce scarab bases every turn, which means you could field minimal squads and grow them pretty big before they reach combat. Being monstrous creatures they'll also provide good support.

And then there's Wraiths, total badasses in close combat, jump infantry, and have move through cover. Filling the FA slots between Scarabs and Wraiths would do very well on a terrain heavy board.

The best thing I can suggest is a Cryptek for both Warrior squads, with Abyssal Staff (I think that's the one), which is an AP 1 flame template weapon.
    Last edited by BossGorestompa; November 30th, 2011 at 21:49.
    I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spoke to my mate, Wraiths are a no-go. Not a fan of the Model. Everything else taken on board. He has the Spyders and Scarabs all ready. Anything else he should think of fielding. Any decent anti armour/ assaulty units?

+ Reply to Thread