<1000 500 Point Starter Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500 Point Starter Army

Hey guys, old player trying to get back into the game with a first try as Necrons. Been looking at the codex and this forum for a bit and came up with the list below and would love some constructive criticism.

HQ -
    Phaeron Overlord w/ Warscythe and Mindshackle
    Cryptek w/ Destruction and Solar Pulse

Troops -
    12 Warriors
    5 Immortals w/ Tesla Carbines

Fast Attack -
    3 Scarabs

This brings me up to 476 points i believe, so i was just going to throw a Sempiternal Weave onto my Overlord and call it close enough. I'm not exactly overflowing with cash, so i was trying to keep it relatively cheap, but i want the list to actually be an effective starting point so I'm flexible. I won't be playing with anyone who's really serious, but i do want to stand a respectable chance against my buddies. Also, i am in love with the Deathmarks so if you can find an excuse to squeeze them in now, or in the near future as i expand, i would love it. My main opponents will be Imperial Guard and Blood Angels, but anything is a possibility once i build up and start visiting my local hobby store to play. Thanks a lot in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by the_accipiter View Post
    HQ -
    Phaeron Overlord w/ Warscythe and Mindshackle
    Cryptek w/ Destruction and Solar Pulse

Troops -
    12 Warriors
    5 Immortals w/ Tesla Carbines

Fast Attack -
    3 Scarabs
    At 500pts, you need to get as much bang for your buck as possible. For this reason I would drop the Phaeron upgrade, 2 Warriors and the Solar Pulse.

I would bump up the Scarabs to at least 5 bases, then use the spare points to get a Tomb Spyder. Alternatively, if you think there might be some Mechanised armies around at this points level, perhaps opt for a Heavy Destroyer instead.

4. Thanksthe_accipiter thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you, i had a feeling the scarabs would need some more oomph and i like the idea of a Tomb Spyder, now i just need to find one. I'm not too worried about mechanization at this level, but I'll keep the Heavy Destroyer option in mind in case it looks to be a problem, my Imperial Guard friend does love his tanks. On that note, i selected Solar Pulse out of fear of his shooting, is that just not enough of a worry at such low levels?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x2)

If your Penny Pinching like me heres so quick list of Price-Efficient units
    Warroirs - Get most bang for your buck all round
    C'Tan Shard- As Finecast now you can Easily add 200+ points to your force
    Lychguard / Pretorian set - again, 200 points of Fun!
    Immortals
    Annilation Barge

Now i have yet play a game with new necrons, but i'd would recommed adding either a C'Tan Shard or lychguard. What do you think guys???

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    720 (x8)

For 500 points you really want to keep your HQ cheap and instead invest points on something that offers a lot of power for the bucks. For example:

Overlord w/Phaeron, Warscythe
    10 Warriors
    5 Warriors
    Annihilation Barge
    Annihilation Barge

Thats 500 points with 30 rapid fire S4 shots, 4 S6 tesla shots and 8 twin-linked S7 tesla shots.

If you really want to get those Deathmarks in here, then you can drop either one Annihilation Barge or 5 Warriors and all the Overlords wargear for them.
    Last edited by Polaria; December 2nd, 2011 at 19:57.
    Revenant Moon Necrons: (W/L/D) 0/1/0 (6th edition: 13/2/2)(5th edition: 14/6/4)(3rd edition Codex: 16/4/7)
    XIX Legion: (W/L/D) 0/0/0 (5th edition: 14/12/2)(5th edition Codex: 4/3/0)
    Black Legion: (W/L/D) 1/0/0 (6th edition: 2/3/0)
    Something Wicked... Reikwald Beastmen: (W/L/D) 10/4/1

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

The cheapest thing you can field are Warriors and Scarabs. They come in the same box and are therefore very affordable. With a Tomb Spyder you can squeeze in a cheap effective MC and pump out more Scarab Swarms, allowing you to field a larger base of Warriors and get the Scarabs out for free. Figure, if you field 3x, and have at most 7x turns, you will need 10x bases. Each base supports 4x Scarabs (models), but you can squeeze out extras if you can find the bases and only place 3x models per base.
    I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

Double Clutching Weasel Klajorne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

Another thing to shave some pennies: convert your own crypteks. Your warrior boxes give you two "spares", so use those as your cryptek bodies, plus the deathmark heads from the immortals kit. I've seen a decent conversion of a cryptek staff using the deathmark guns, the trick is just finding a proper head for the staff (though not necessary). Just shave off the stock and the lower grip so that it's a long cylinder, maybe find a way to attach that lower grip higher up so you already have a hand gripping the staff. Should be something you could do with just a knife and superglue (no green stuff required).

So there you go, one box of warriors and one box of immortals and you have 10 warriors, 2 crypteks, 5 immortals, and 3 scarab swarms.

+ Reply to Thread