<2000 [Necrons] [1750] Lord of the skies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Necrons] [1750] Lord of the skies

I thought i would make a fun list with the new flyers of the necron codex (and hopefully be a little good^^)
    So let's begin with the list.

HQ

Stormlord XXX

Nemesor XXX

Troops

6 Immortals 202
    - Tesla carbines
    - Night scythe

6 Immortals 202
    - Tesla carbines
    - Night scythe

6 Immortals 202
    - Tesla carbines
    - Night scythe

6 Immortals 202
    - Tesla carbines
    - Night scythe

Heavy support

1 Doom scythe XXX

1 Doom scythe XXX

1 Doom scythe XXX

Totaal 1743

Tactics:

The stormlord is obvious, outside that he fits the fluff of this list perfectly, he will provide me with nightfighting to protect my fragile aircrafts and bombard the enemy with lightning bolts. He also will help with seazing the initiative for a alpha strike on the enemy.

Nemesor is there to give me some tactical advantages, like stealing away acute sences (and the like) and giving the flyers things like stealth or a doom scythe a practicle St 11 Ap 1 against tanks (oh yeah baby!) (he could also be replaced for an aditional sqaud of 5 immortals and a night scythe... but i'm liking his tactical advantage he gives)

The 4 immortal sqauds will deploy in the deploy phase or first turn depending on how the terrain is.
    The night scythes will try and kill as much infantrie and light vehicles.

The doom scythes will do the tank hunting, trying to kill as many as possible and one with St 10+1 will do much damage ( atleast i hope )

So there we have it, i will try this list out in a week or 2 (using valkeries and vendatta's)

Comments and critic is always welcome!

- tdh6002

A word of warning. The next time you get a strange unexplained reading on your Flagship's scanner and sensor arrays, don't dismiss it as a glitch or ghost. The Necrons are a real threat now, and they are out there, biding their time, waiting for you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking maybe removing 1 immortal sqaud and replacing it with a squad of 3 heavy destroyers (converting them as small flyers^^)
    But removing a troop choice and much fire power i don't know if it is the right thing to do? Any thoughts on that?
    A word of warning. The next time you get a strange unexplained reading on your Flagship's scanner and sensor arrays, don't dismiss it as a glitch or ghost. The Necrons are a real threat now, and they are out there, biding their time, waiting for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice job, combining those two HQ choices. Imotekh blinds the enemy and Zandrekh weakens their key units. Given the size of your Immortal squads, you should probably keep all four. Though you might do better running 3 squads of eight in 3 Night Scythes. That also gives you an extra 100 points to work with. Maybe take a Command Barge for Imotekh or another unit. Deathmarks are pretty good or a squad of Tomb Blades might keep with your theme.

But just so you know, even with the Tank Hunter rule, the Death Ray cannot be strength 11. No stat can be elevated above ten, except vehicle armor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The tank hunter don't give you +1 strength, they give you +1 to the penetration roll, so you have an effective strength of 11 when firing at tanks^^

I was thinking of removing 1 unit of immortals and replacing them with deathmarks, just for that 1 unit you want dead fast.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    720 (x8)

I'm not sure if replacing one troop with 3 Heavy Destroyers would really add so much to the list. Yes, it would give 3 lascannon equivalent shots, but you would lose the twin-linked tesla destructor of the Night Scythe and one more scoring unit in the process. I'm not sure the extra range of heavies will come to concrete use very often with Stormlord keeping Night Fight going for possibly even three rounds (or more with good rolls).
    Revenant Moon Necrons: (W/L/D) 0/1/0 (6th edition: 13/2/2)(5th edition: 14/6/4)(3rd edition Codex: 16/4/7)
    XIX Legion: (W/L/D) 0/0/0 (5th edition: 14/12/2)(5th edition Codex: 4/3/0)
    Black Legion: (W/L/D) 1/0/0 (6th edition: 2/3/0)
    Something Wicked... Reikwald Beastmen: (W/L/D) 10/4/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

The only reason I personally would drop an immortal unit in this list would be to increase the size of the other three and to get some crypteks in this list.
    "I am the architect of fate!"

+ Reply to Thread