<2000 2000 points of Necron Warfare - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 points of Necron Warfare

Hi I'm new to the GW scene and Necrons too and i need a little back up. I thought my army list will be competitive but please take a look and (cry :D ) but seriously i need some good advise thy 4 all :)

HQ:

Nemesor Zahndrekh (185)
    Vargard Obyron (160 )
    Cryptek /Court Member/ - Harbringer of Despair (70 ) w/ Veil of Darkness + Nightmare Shroud

Troop:

9x Warrior (117)
    Ghost Arc (115)

9x Warrior
    Ghost Arc

Elite:

9x Deathmarks (171)

9x Lichguard w/ shield (360 )

Triach Stalker w/ tein linked heavy gauss cannon (165)

Fast:

4x Wraith (2 whip coil, 2 naked) (175)

Heavy:

Monolith (200 )

Spyder (50 )

That's exactly: 2000 points

First idea is:
    Nemesor goes to the first group of warriors and negates the 'ard boyz skills.
    Obyron stick to the group of lychguards playing flying circus and they comes from reserve or by phased reinforcements.
    Harbringer Cryptec goes to the second group of warriors and hopefully plays flying circus or just annoying.
    Deathmarks also come from phased reinforcements and marks those pesky little tough guyz.
    Triarch Stalker try to hit vehicles or those pesky little tough guyz for further termination by the deathmarks.
    Wraiths freelancing hunting for easy prey.
    Monolith is for hard hitting gun or emergency teleporting unit
    Spyder poops scarabs till death

Second idea:
    Pray for survuval XD

Thx 4 ur comments

"Ready My Legions - another glorious victory shall soon be ours " - Nemesor Zahndrekh to Vargard Obyron

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

Sorry to put a damper on your plan, but only the Wraiths and Deathmarks can use "Phased Reinforcements". Can't do it with the lychguard.

Flying circus really doesn't work with Gauss weapons because you count as having moved after you DS. You'd have to arrive within 12" to be able to shoot....and that is seriously risking a mishap right there.

Only two scoring units at 2000 points is not a good thing. I'd suggest 4 at the very minimum.

Also:

1) The Lychguard unit is 405 points, not 360.
    2) The Wraiths are 160, not 175.
    3) How is your spyder making scarabs? I don't see any scarabs in your list. You can only add to an existing scarab unit, you can't make new units.
    4) How do you plan on killing vehicles?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see. Thank you for your help i make the changes or a new plan
    "Ready My Legions - another glorious victory shall soon be ours " - Nemesor Zahndrekh to Vargard Obyron

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi again!

Made changes i hope this time it will be better

HQ:
    2x Destroyer Lord w/sempiternal wave, mindshackle scarabs (320 )
    1x Cryptek - Harebringer of Despair (70 )

Troop:
    2x 10x Warriors in Ghost Arcs (490 )

Elites:
    2x 7x Deathmarks (266 )
    1x Triarc Stalker w/ twin linked gb (165 )

Fast Attack:
    2x tomb blades w/ practicle beamers and shadowlooms (80 )
    5x scarab swarm (75 )
    5 destroyer (2naked, 3 heavy) (260 )

Heavy Support:
    1x Monolith (200 )
    1x spyder w/ fabricator claw (60 )

total: 1986 if i count the right way
    Last edited by Haramia; December 8th, 2011 at 21:09.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

184 (x5)

Cryptek is illegal. D-Lords don't unlock the court.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

s9 hit...
    and what if i change one of the d-lords to a Necron Overlord w/warscythe,phaeron,labirinth,mindscarabs ?
    tell me if it is gets annoyed

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

184 (x5)

No worries, new codex so the intricacies still need to be figured out. Overall I'd say the army is pretty unfocused and lacks decent ranged anti-transport support (guass doesn't count).

Guess I'll give some stuff more in depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Haramia View Post
    Hi again!
    HQ:
    2x Destroyer Lord w/sempiternal wave, mindshackle scarabs (320 )
    What purpose do these honestly serve in this list? You aren't using wraiths. Destroyers and Tomb Blades want to be shooting. The D-Lords don't add a thing to this list.

1x Cryptek - Harebringer of Despair (70 )
    As stated before, this is illegal. Also if you would take one of these a Solar Pulse is almost mandatory.

Troop:
    2x 10x Warriors in Ghost Arcs (490 )
    Only two troop choices is going to hurt. I'd get some more stuff in there. Maybe two to four 5-man immortal squads with Tesla.

Elites:
    2x 7x Deathmarks (266 )
    I'd keep them at 5-man squads and maybe throw a Tremorstave Cryptek in each (requires two overlords of course).

1x Triarc Stalker w/ twin linked gb (165 )
    Nice for sitting and plinking shots at stuff for TL, but I don't think you have the firepower to make him worth it. Also with your lack of anti-tank I'd opt for the stock build instead.

Fast Attack:
    2x tomb blades w/ practicle beamers and shadowlooms (80 )
    5x scarab swarm (75 )
    5 destroyer (2naked, 3 heavy) (260 )
    This is all kinds of confused. Honestly 5 scarabs+spyder isn't really worth it so I'd ditch the lot.

Tomb Blades are interesting. Though with that kind of build you might as well go nuts and fully upgrade them and take three units of one (need other threats in the army). T5, 3+, and 3+ stealth are very nice. If someone does shoot at you (which is good because that's an entire unit shooting one model and not the rest of your army) you can go to ground for a 2+ cover save.

I don't like mixed Destroyers.....hell I don't like regular destroyers they really aren't worth taking (being able to kill marines without a cover save isn't anything special, honestly). Heavy Destroyers are nice to have around.

Not sure on mixing Tomb Blades and Heavy Destroyers....could work, but I have no idea.

Heavy Support:
    1x Monolith (200 )
    1x spyder w/ fabricator claw (60 )
    I don't see either of these adding a lot to the army. I'd really lean towards Annihilation Barges (2 or 3 of them) as you really need the anti-transport ability.....plus they just rip apart infantry on top of that. Those things are so stupidly cheap for how much firepower they dish out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather have a warscythe lord, on a command barge so he can pop armor with his sweep attacks. ;P

PS: Does anyone know if Trazyn's empathic obliterator works with the sweep attack. I keep on getting different responses w/ RAI & RAW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First thing: Thank you for your kind help
    Second: I try to create a new list with the help of your advise and it looks like this. (Note: in my club i have to face nids,eldars,orks,csm,sw,dt,da)

HQ:
    2x Necron overlord w/warscythe, wave, phase shifter And In command barge
    2x Royal Court: Cryptek w/tremorstave
    Troop:
    3x 5x Immortals in Night Scythe (dunno how do i miss these guys)
    Elite:
    2x 5x Deathamrks (actually i like your idea with the tremorstaves)
    Fast A:
    3x Tomb Blade w/PB, full armory
    2x 6x Wraith (3/3 whips included)
    Heavy:
    3x nihil barge (i didnt look these also i thought they are useless )

Total: if i count right: 2000 point

This had to be work

(And its easy to cut to 1500 if needed just give away of 1 squad of wraith, 1 nihil barge,and cut the shield from the blades and the high tech things on both of the comm barges)
    and a last question maybe its insane but can i put Obyron in the command barge?
    Last edited by Haramia; December 9th, 2011 at 20:19.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Haramia View Post
    First thing: Thank you for your kind help
    Second: I try to create a new list with the help of your advise and it looks like this. (Note: in my club i have to face nids,eldars,orks,csm,sw,dt,da)

HQ:
    2x Necron overlord w/warscythe, wave, phase shifter And In command barge

First these are excellent AA choices, however, the Phase Shifter, is kinda superfluous. 45 pts for a 3++ is kinda too much, plus AV 13 is a pretty tough nut to crack anyways. Sweep attacks are generally good and will let you pop them transports or kill some termies.

2x Royal Court: Cryptek w/tremorstave

First off, you need to get more crypteks (if $ is the issue, buy a box of deathmarks and Triarch P.s) and convert them using the spare parts. Cheaper IMO. The solar pulse is absolutely a must, your ranged weapons (if you are using tesla or gauss) which one are you using BTW? Are generally 24", so tau and guard will chew you up if you advance. Plus, a nightscythe's armor is paper thin, so you need a range deterrent.

Troop:
    3x 5x Immortals in Night Scythe (dunno how do i miss these guys)
    Nice, I would add some more warriors, 5 immortals would get chewed up, spat on, stepped on, and crushed against dedicated CCs and CCs in general. I advise some extra troops for much needed fire power.

Elite:
    2x 5x Deathamrks (actually i like your idea with the tremorstaves)
    Actually you're wrong about that, I believe the codex said that you could get the same harbinger, but can only take one special wargear per court. So pretty much, you can take up to 5 of the same crypteks, but only 2 at the max can get the wargear. Or 1 cryptek could hog all the wargear. So pretty much you could have 5x Tremorstave crypteks and either 1 crypek w/ a crucible and 1 cryptek w/ a harp, orrr 1 crypek w/ both

Fast A:
    3x Tomb Blade w/PB, full armory
    I don't know about the tbs, they're great and all, but you already have a bunch of anti-infantry firepower, I think you should replace it with scarabs, they are absolutely required for a legitimate Necron list. You could couple that w/ a solar pulse or Imotekh S to get your scarabs poppin armor faster than your opponent can say "Whaaaaa?" Nightfighting is especially useful, since Necron weapons are mid ranged.

2x 6x Wraith (3/3 whips included)
    Definitely the best CC unit IMO, I'm not sure about the whips but I equip my Wraiths w/ the particle weapon, for some longer range fire power, and then I charge them. Either way, I think the lash whips are kinda superfluous IMO, after all, since these guys ignore difficult/dangerous terrain, anyone who assaults them in their will already get their I lowered to 1. Funny thing, I charged a group of my friends hammernators (TH/SS) and either b/c of lucky rolling or the wraiths awesomeness, I killed like 4 of them in 1 turn.

Heavy:
    3x nihil barge (i didnt look these also i thought they are useless )
    They are excellent, considering that they are so cheap, (compared to the rather useless Doomsday ark and *cough cough* super-nerfed monolith. These guys are okay at taking out armor, provided that the scarabs weaken it, after all a volley of fire is bound to cause at least an immobilised or more.)

I would consider limiting the barges and add the spyders to support your scarabs, these guys a way better improved MC compared to the rather un-glorious Carnifex, sorry Carni, off to the shelves for you.

Total: if i count right: 2000 point

and a last question maybe its insane but can i put Obyron in the command barge?
    No, he is not an overlord/phaeron, just an uberguard who doesn't have a damn Inv. save!?!
    Sry, still kinda new to this forum stuff =I LOL
    Last edited by Asasininja4827; December 9th, 2011 at 22:47.

+ Reply to Thread