<2000 1500 Necrons list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Necrons list

Overlord, warscythe, phaeron, res orb 150
    10 Warriors (with overlord attached) 130
    10 Warriors 130
    10 warriors with ghost ark 245
    10 warriors with ghost ark 245
    10 scarabs 150
    3 heavy destroyers 180
    annilation barge 90
    doomsday ark 175

List is pretty self explanatory, two squads of warriors, one with relentless, move up the board with a ghost ark each, fixing the fallen necrons and giving broadside and warrior support. Annilation is for infantry/light mech, doomsday is for whatever I need a big gun for, heavy destroyers are nasty shots also. Please be critical and help, I got slaughtered with my last list, and I need these necron tin bot boyz to win again after an humiliating wipe off the table :-(

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If possible i would try to add a unit of 3 spiders, or 5-6 wraiths, just to act as a counter assault unit. imo the doomsday cannon isn't quite worth its points, and another overlord in a CCb with a warscythe will hurt rear armour 14. i would drop the doomsday cannon for 3 spiders (1 claw, one gloom, 1 bare for wound allocation), make the 2 10 man footslogers into a 20 man unit, maximises the benefits of relentless & res orb, saves you a kill point, and means that the two Arcs can support a single unit with 2D3 warriors added per turn. With preferred enemy only working in melee atm, the heavy D's haven't changed much since the last codex, and they are probably what i would drop to get the Overlord, WS and CCB. i could also see 1-2 destruction crypteks with solar pulse being very useful in this list, although i don't know what i would drop for them.

Edit: you could drop the Annihilation Barge (or turn it into the aforementioned CCB if models are lacking) and 1 warriors from each Ghost Arc squad, to add 1 HoDestruction cryptek with solar pulse to each unit. That gives you 2 S8 shot from inside AV13 transports, which will deny enemy shooting in turns 1&2. Good idea though. Plays upon the Necron theme of durability. Infact, definitely going to try this myself.

modified list:
    Overlord, warscythe, CCB
    Overlord, Phareon, Resorb, Warscythe
    20 Warriors
    9 Warriors, cryptek, HoD & Solar Pulse
    -Ghost Arc
    9 Warriors, cryptek, HoD & Solar Pulse
    -Ghost Arc
    3 Spiders, 1 gloom, 1 claw, 1 bare.

Gives you 11 points to spare. Warscythe on ResLord could be replaced with Hyperphase sword (not much difference between S5 and S7, only thing is 2D6 pen, but thats what spiders and the other lord is for) with mindshackle scarabs. you get lass attacks against you and if you spare the power weapon guy then it will just be funny. for you.
    Last edited by shadzinator; December 11th, 2011 at 03:08.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Azula: your list is okay but i would join the ten man warrior squads together and place a ark on either side for protection (just an option), this will however reduce the amount of targets you can shoot at though

not the biggest fan of destroyers anymore (i take tomb blades now) i would either drop the heavy destoyers for something else or add a destroyer for wounds

@shadzinator : since you only have spyders in your heavy support entry i might divide the spyder into single units, that way you can spread them out and leave your opponent dividing their fire

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the only thing is single units don't have wound allocation, and with only 2 attacks each i would expect them to draw/lose combat with a marine squad and a power weapon. That is not that deterring in terms of assault. 1 unit of 3 will buff your scarabs to 13 bases in turn 1, and will force a ten man squad of marines to lose combat every turn, and would have a reliable chance against terminators of any kind, except for maybe grey knights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well at first this list started off as a 20 man squad with two ghost arks, but my local store worker suggested having more objective captures. But as now he's been outvoted, I shall run the 20 man. Now, my problem is, I have no canoptek models other than scarabs, because they don't have models in gw yet, same for the tomb blades, otherwise my list would be very different haha.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't think it needs to be different. i tried that unit of 20 warriors and lord today in a 1000 point game without ghost arc support. It kicked ass. Against tau, it gunned down a 12 man fire warrior squad, beat 3 battlesuits in CC, and only died due to assault by 30 kroot, and all this is probably only with 12 models, as a fire warrior squad + devilfish and Pathfinders whiped out like 6 turn 1, and 2 S6 ap4 hammerhead template removed another 6. when you take into account my horrid RP rolling, i was left with 12 guys who basically protected the rest of my army from taking any fire. And this was without any Ghost Arc support.

Edit: what I'm planning on doing in the future is drop scarabs and res orb on the overlord + 1 scarab, and add a lord with res orb and Hyperphase sword to the unit. Imo the scarabs didn't work because you don't want your phaeron overlord to be in base contact where the whole enemy squad can target him because if he dies, then the whole unit becomes as immobile as hell, and I really felt like a few more power weapon attacks.
    Last edited by shadzinator; December 11th, 2011 at 12:22.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, nice! Deffo going for 20 then, as for the list, I can't use any models that aren't released, so any ideas? And the reason I need a good list is, I had my graduation game against a veteran who said he'd field a non comp list, I didn't know until half way through the game that biked seer council, eldrad, dire avengers, fire prisms and falcons were considered "non comp" he noob stomped me with a far superior list! I will have my vengeance! Haha

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, well, the squad still died to close combat through sheer weight of attacks. i think scarabs on the lord (not overlord) would work so im going to try that. but yeah, that eldar list looks like death for scarabs, and Necrons in general. Seer council will be a pain, don't know what their save is but since most eldar are S3 the Dlord won't take much damage from them. the thing is, you'll need a lord in a CCB, destroyerlord with warscythe, or a lot of cover for your scarabs so you can charge the prism and wreck it. once thats dealt with your warriors should live for much longer, assuming they aren't in assault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had recently played against a DE friend with wyches, harlequins and helion

i had a squad of 5 scarabs and for 2 turns they had the harle's and a squad of 7 wyches tied up in combat before being absolutely annihilated but this gave me time to get a unit of 10 warriors and a AB to shoot them to pieces

DE and Eldar (and basically any other army) will generally strike first so a back up plan could be adding a cryptek with a lightning field to a unit or two, D6 S8 hits could either dent an elite unit or just thin out the numbers of a larger unit (providing that the dice gods like you that day)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unless they are strength 6, i doubt any non marine non-dedicated deathstar assault unit can cause enough wounds to remove your scarabs in 1 turn. and since most non marines are T3 you'll do enough wounds back. Against marines however, use them to bubble wrap your troops and delay a charge for a turn. sure they'll die, but thats 1 more turn of rapid fire the enemy can't do anything about.

A variation on the above list i proposed. Gives the list more ranged anti-tank, more models to the 20 man unit and assault and defensive grenades.

Overlord
    -warscythe, CCB
    -RC1: Necron lord w Res Orb&Hyperphase
    - Cryptek, HoD&solar pulse
    - Cryptek, HoD
    Overlord
    -phaeron, Hyperphase
    -RC2: Cryptek, HoD, GoF
    - Cryptek, HoD&solar pulse
    - Cryptek, HoD
    20 Warriors (GoF, PhaeronLord&ResLord)
    5 Warriors (2HoD, 1SolarPulse)