<1000 Vect Rising 1.0 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vect Rising 1.0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    65 (x1)

Vect Rising 1.0

Ok, so just ran my "hobby" dark eldar list at a tournament today and did relatively well considering how unoptimized the list was. This is the tournament list I will be building towards for the next year:

Vect

9 Bloodbrides Syren with Agon, 3 Gauntlets, Haywires - 195
    Raider, Flicker Field, Night Shield, Sails - 85

9 Wyches, Hex with Agon 1 Gauntlet, Haywires - 148
    Raider, FF, NS, Sails - 85

5 Warriors, Blaster - 60
    Venom dual cannon - 65

5 Warriors, Blaster - 60
    Venom dual cannon - 65

5 Warriors, Blaster - 60
    Venom dual cannon - 65

10 Warriors, DL, Blaster - 130

6 Reaver Jetbikes, 2 Blasters, Champion with PW - 182

Ravager, FF, NS - 125

Ravager, FF, NS - 125

Razorwing, SC, FF - 165

Anyhow this is what I am basing it off (it also tries to fall into the "law" of 9's) although a bit loosely.

Comments would be appreciated of course, as well as any anecdotes of using lists similar to this.

Cheers!

Podcast and Blog
    Youtube Channel
    Twitt-errr... @ Skari2

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Oh No! Not Him Again! Non Marine Player's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x2)

How come the poor warriors don't get some Raider love...? Also, having used vanilla and pimped transports, I will now recommend FF and NS on ALL our skimmers, it just gives us that much more of a chance, and if you're really lucky it'll save your ass 8 times in a row (Jammy ol' me tbh). I do, unlike a few people in our forum encourage the use of Gauntlets on Wyches, when they pay off, they pay off REALLY well. Looks pretty solid as it is, make the skimmers sturdier, maybe cut one bloodbride and add a Haemy for a nice beginning Pain Token to help Vect along a bit.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Hi Templarius,

first of all: what amount of points you want to play? I came on a total of 1855, so I reckon you have 5 points too much.

I'm one of those people advising against Hydra Gauntlets. It has the biggest potential damage but statistics show that it has most potential vs T3 WS3 infantry, against which you don't really need a boost, rather on the contrary if you want them not to rout. So if you want more damage output I would advise Razorflails, certainly on Bloodbrides.
    Personally I advise S&I certainly to protect your Vect, he doesn't have Eternal Warrior to prevent him from instakill with his frail T3. But I reckon you hope to crush any enemy you run him into.

That brings us an interesting question: what unit will Vect join?
    I presume the Bloodbrides, which makes me wonder what function the wyches have. They aren't as good on their as in the last codex edition but with a Heamonculus they really can survive annoyingly long. Their haywire can give you a nice shot on damaging vehicles too.
    Personally I'm more impressed with wracks together with a Heamonculus: they prove to be even more difficult to kill and with a bloodbrides squad you already have a squad to take care of PW-toting CC enemies.

I don't get what the 10 warrior squad is suppose to do: all your army is mobile and than you would put a static unit in it to camp on you home objective, I believe. Well I tried them once and 1 Dark Lance isn't worth 130 point because by the time you can use the blaster the enemy has brought something close enough that will force a moral test or simply shoot the squad away. Think what a couple flamers can do to you.

Night Shield are a very useful upgrade for all your skimmers: it gives you the possibility to stay out of range of most non-AT weaponry. Apart from that you need to give those AT weapons too many targets and their is no good choice you opponent can make.

Personally I feel you have too little AT and I would advocate for at least one Trueborn Blaster squad. I would start the Razorwing in Reserves because it's primary target will be infantry and typically you need to pop the transport round them first. Any wise opponent will kill your Razorwing if they have the chance, at least when it still has it's 4 missiles. That's its greatest threat: 2 DL aren't that impressive AT.

So I would drop 10 warriors, 9 wyches and 6 Reavers and replace with 9 wracks with Acoth and LG + Heamy + PW & LG and 4 Trueborn with Blasters you can add another Heamy to the brides and give all skimmes NS and add 2 shattershard missiles to the Razorwing to give it some anti PRG power with the missiles...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

65 (x1)

@ El_Jairo: Thank you for your points I agree with a lot of what you said. Vect should be joining the BB squad, and in DOW the reg Wych unit. I have also looked into making the BB squad just 6 man strong and having just 2 weapons in it. maybe S&I. The wracks are a solid choice, but I only own 3 of them (2 I used for a raider crew). I have been liking the little sniper unit. But I can see the value of dropping it in favour of some blasterborn. I had not thought of giving night shields to all tanks but that might come in handy. What about the venoms?
    I always keep the razor in reserve... but I wont give it upgrade missiles... I like to keep it cheap and anti I, I give it the dissies. I want to keep the reavers, I love the unit and finally have the models to run them.
    Podcast and Blog
    Youtube Channel
    Twitt-errr... @ Skari2

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x2)

If you have a few points, I recommend giving the razor wing a single necrotoxin missile. It's cheap and that pin check can be great of you hit a large unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

65 (x1)

Interesting. I have also considered dropping Vect all together (I don't really like going first in most missions) and taking an archon and double heamy instead.
    Podcast and Blog
    Youtube Channel
    Twitt-errr... @ Skari2

+ Reply to Thread