Welcome to Librarium Online!
Hello. I am posting a 1500 point list to take to my new( to me) FLGS. It will be the first game I have played about 4 years.
Archon, shadowfield, angonizer, phantasm grenade launcher. 135
Elites: 1 unit 273 points.
Incubi 9 no upgrades
transport : raider, aethersails, flickerfield.
Troops: 3 units
1 unit of warriors. , 9 guys plus 1 sybarite. blaster, splinter cannon, sybarite gets close combat and splinter pistol. 205
Transport raider with flickerfield and splinter racks.
1 unit of warriors same load out 205
1 unit of wyches , 9 ladies and 1 hekatrix,, no special weapons but hekatrix gets agonizer. wyches get haywire grenades. 225 pts
Raider with flickerfield and sails.
Fast attack: 1 unit 226
1 unit of reavers. 7 guys and 1 arena champion. 2 blasters. Champion gets power weapon.
Heavy : 2 units
1 Ravager flickerfield 115
1 ravager flickerfield. 115
Really refreshing to see a DE list with no Venoms or 5 man Kabalite squads.
That said, not crazy about a few small choices. I don't understand not taking weapon upgrades on Wyches. Every one of the weapon options is dynamite, and are unique to Wyches. They add alot to the unit, whether it's denying a few attacks to the enemy (shardnet) adding more attacks (hydra gauntlets) or adding rerolls to your attacks (razorflails). If you have haywires on your Wyches by all means get 2 shardnets. That way they can take on pesky walkers if need be, or face down monsterous creatures while the Agonizers chips away. Loooooove Wyches.
So to get the points for these upgrades i'd scrap either the splinter racks or the Arena Champ. I get the Arena champ, for 25 points he gives you that nice Ld9 and a power weapon. But, you have literally no points to spare. Splinter racks are ok, i guess. If you had points to play with i'd be all for it. But, in my experience a slow Raider dies the next turn and takes 1/2 of the transported squad with it. I like the upgrade, especially with actual 10 man Kabalite squads, classic. But, Wyches are needed as a flucrum over which you need to break your opponent. A few extra splinter hits will likely not pan out as well as the boost Wych weapons will give you. CC is just stupid powerful that way.
The third option is to drop to 8 Incubi.
But, overall, nice list.
Stab it, slash it, bite, tank shock and smash it. If that fails, shoot it.
I would personally
drop the arena champion from the reavers and then drop the 7th reaver so you have 6 with 2x blaster
drop the splinter racks and syrabites from the warriors this nets you
Then I would drop the incubi unit down a bit as of right now you get 29 attacks on the charge with the unit and while that's great it will be complete overkill in 80-90% of the time and then your opponent can just shoot you to shit. I would drop to 6 or 7.
Also IMHO drop the sails I know they're really cool but really not all that worth it. Trust me 24" is enough especially cause they won't last long.
If you do this you net 151 points. With that I'd get a razor wing or something else
Ok made some changes. Please review and post.
HQ: 2 ( added haemonculus)
Archon, shadow field, phantasm grenade launcher, agoniser
Haemonculus, mindphase gauntlet
1. warriors. 10 , blaster, splinter cannon, raider with darklance and flicker field. ( took off racks and sails) and sarge
2. Wytches 10 with hekatrix, ( agoniser) , 2 shardnets haywire grenades, raider with flickers
i droped one warrior units
1) Incubi 7 ( dropped 2)
raider with flicker,
2) blaster born ( i bought a venom from the flgs)
4 guys with blasters,, venom has splinter cannon upgrade
Fast attack 1
1 Reaver 9 ,, 3 blasters, arena champion with agoniser
Heavy support 2
1 ravager with flicker field
2 ravager with flicker field.
this comes to 1498
I like it, but here are a few things i would change
1. drop one wych and shardnet (cause you have to drop it) and put the haemeo in there. Now your wyches have FnP and are gonna be pretty hard to budge.
2. Reavers, I would put heat lances on them especially because with the arena champ your going to want to assault, so you will be close to something you blow up. But I would personally drop the arena champ they should be shooting not assaulting. IMHO
3. Drop the mindphase on the haemeo. I knw it's really cool but against any MC or IC he fights. It will kick his A**. So i would get an agonizer, or my favorite combo liquifier gun and venom blade.
4. 7 incubi is a lot still.... just saying if you have a tooled up archon 4 -5 is enough but it's all you
5. I say these point cutting things because a third troops choice would be nice