<3000 2.5k friendly 'nids - Annihilation - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    With the Fellowship of the Bling
    39 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

2085 (x8)

G'day guys,

Just thought I'd post this list up to see what/if I get any responses out of this. This is a list designed to be ultra-friendly and fun to play whilst being reasonably killy, that means NO TERVIGONS!
    This is the first time I'm using the Carnifex in a list (I'm going for the 'Leechfex' build, as detailed in the 5th Ed. Monstrous Creature Builds sticky), overall it is generally the same as what I would usually do. My opponent and I have already agreed to this being an Annihilations style game.

== HQ ==
    Hive Tyrant (1) - Scything Talons, Scything Talons, Wings, Paroxysm, Leech Essence, Hive Commander = 255 pts.

== Elites ==
    Hive Guard Brood (3) = 150 pts.
    Zoanthrope Brood (230 pts.)
    --> Zoanthrope (3) = 180 pts.
    --> Mycetic Spore (1) - Twin-Linked Deathspitter = 50 pts.
    Lictor Brood (3) = 195 pts.

== Troops ==
    Hormagaunt Brood (20) - Toxin Sacs = 160 pts.
    Hormagaunt Brood (20) - Toxin Sacs = 160 pts.
    Broodlord Brood (335 pts.)
    --> Broodlord (1) - Toxin Sacs = 63 pts.
    --> Genestealer (16) - Toxin Sacs = 272 pts.
    Termagant Brood (20) - Fleshborer = 100 pts.
    Termagant Brood (20) - Fleshborer = 100 pts.
    Tyranid Warrior Brood (5) - Pair Of Boneswords, Rending Claws, Toxin Sacs = 225 pts.

== Heavy Support ==
    Trygon Prime (1) - Containment Spines, Trygon Prime Upgrade, Synapse Creature, Shadow In The Warp = 240 pts.
    Biovore Brood (2) = 90 pts.
    Carnifex Brood (260 pts.)
    --> Carnifex (1) - Twin-Linked Devourer - Brainleech Worms, Twin-Linked Devourer - Brainleech Worms, Bio-Plasma = 210 pts.
    --> Mycetic Spore (1) - Twin-Linked Deathspitter = 50 pts.

== Total ==
    2500 pts.

Strategic Summary
    Basically, the Hive Tyrant goes up and gets in there early on one of the flanks, leaping behind and in cover as he goes, and he'll pick off those annoying units like bikes and Land Speeders and what not. He needs to stay alive as long as he can so I can utilise his Hive Commander ability for as long as possible. During this, my Hive Guard will camp somewhere and take out the enemy's transports, and then once they've finished that they'll ID what they can. My Warrior brood - my main combat brood - will be screened by a Hormagaunt and Termagant unit and giving them Synapse at the same time. My other Termagant brood will hide in cover somewhere and shoot off any low-armoured infantry units. Turn 2 arrives - I have +1 to my reserve rolls (or should that be -1?), which means I only need 3+ for my units to arrive. My other Hormagaunts will outflank (allowed by Hive Commander) along with the Genestealers to wreak some havoc on the flanks. My Trygon Prime will deploy somewhere behind enemy lines so that it's Containment Spines can reach some poor enemy unit. My Zoanthropes will deploy in safety but in range of an enemy tank and will lance the crap out of it. My Leechfex will deploy near the enemy somewhere for its multiple ranged attacks. I have high hopes for this unit. Finally, my Lictor brood will deploy behind the main guns of the enemy (artillery, heavy weapon crews, etc.) and will use their Flesh Hooks to kill the crew, and then will charge in the next turn to finish them off (if necessary). While all this is happening, my Biovores will be giving the enemy an assload of Spore Mines - yummy.

Let me know what you think.

The Warlord

Last edited by Warlord Vrrmik; December 19th, 2011 at 07:00.

+ Reply to Thread