<2000 1500 mech list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1500 mech list

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 mech list

180- Overlord- warscythe- command barge
    170- immortals- 10- tesla
    160- destroyers- 4
    180- H. destroyers- 3
    120- spyders- 2- fabricator claws (on both to repair doomsday arks)
    175- doomsday ark
    175- doomsday ark

what do you think? i would love to include triarch stalkers in my list but that will have to wait till their release.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabackhand View Post
    180- Overlord- warscythe- command barge
    160- destroyers- 4
    180- H. destroyers- 3
    120- spyders- 2- fabricator claws (on both to repair doomsday arks)
    175- doomsday ark
    175- doomsday ark

what do you think? i would love to include triarch stalkers in my list but that will have to wait till their release.
    Honestly I think you need to go back to the drawing board. Doomsday arks and normal destroyers are BAD. Large numbers of tesla-immortals are also BAD.

You need wraiths and/or scarabs. You need some cryptek goodness. Solar pulses, abyssal staffs, voltic staffs, lances, tremorstaves are all really nice bits of wargear to have about the place.
    Ye Old Necrons (R.I.P.) (7000pts) W52 D5 L9
    New Crons!!! (5000pts) W1 D1 L1
    Blood Angels (2500pts) W4 D0 L1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

both times i ran scarabs they were destroyed in H2H and with flame templetes.

how is S5 AP3 36" range Assault 2 bad?

how is the doomsday ark bad?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabackhand View Post
    both times i ran scarabs they were destroyed in H2H and with flame templetes.

how is S5 AP3 36" range Assault 2 bad?

how is the doomsday ark bad?
    To the first part, you need to keep your scarabs out of H2H and away from flame templates. Proper placement is key. Get some solar pulses and run them forward under the cover of night fighting and have them chew up some vehicles.

Destroyers are bad because they're overpriced. That many points just to kill a few marines that your opponent will probably be keeping in cover anyways just isn't that great anymore. AP 3 is overrated. Now, if Preferred Enemy affects shooting in the next codex, then maybe they'll find a new home in my list. Until then, Wraiths and Scarabs beat them hands down.

The Doomsday Ark is bad because it's a single immobile template producer for way too many points. For the same price, you can get a whole squad of Basilisks from IG, which can do the same job far better. A single Weapon Destroyed result can put you out of commission. Honestly, I've tried Doomsday Arks and been less than impressed. It's not even Ordinance, which severely limits its usefulness against vehicles. Its one and only purpose is to kill Terminators, but there are better and more versatile ways to do the job in our army.
    House Crocotta - Imperial Guard 4000
    Tomb World Sheol - Necron 2000

Imperial Guard Tactics - The Art of Big Scary Distractions: Part 1 Part 2

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    720 (x8)

Your list is strongly dependant on what kind of opponents you are commonly facing. If you run into Space Marine bikers, Deathwing, Terminator Grey Knights, DoA Blood Angels or other such "footy" Space Marine lists you have the tools to demolish them. A lot of S5 shooting and saves WILL start to fail and double Doomsday Arks will drop the pie-plate madness on them.

That being said, if you regularly face opponents who bring a LOT of Mech you are in for a very rude surpise. For example, imagine yourself facing my "regular" Space Marine 1500 pointer:

Libby
    Ironclad Dreadnought (twin heavy flamers, ironclad assault launchers)
    Dreadnought (assault cannon)
    10 Tactical Marines (PF, melta, missile)
    Rhino
    10 Tactical Marines (PF, melta, missile)
    Rhino
    10 Tactical Marines (melta, missile)
    Predator (lascannon sponsons, twin-linked lascannon)
    Vindicator
    Vindicator

That is 4*AV13, 1*AV12 and 3*AV11 hulls staring at you and your anti-tank is only a couple of Heavy Destroyers and two Doomsday Arks which miss the direct hit 2 times out of 3. The odds are not favoring you, I tell you. And while lots of S5 shooting from tesla immortals is a beautiful thing it does little good if your immortals get tied into assaults and are grinded down one-by-one with power fists and force weapon.
    Revenant Moon Necrons: (W/L/D) 0/1/0 (6th edition: 13/2/2)(5th edition: 14/6/4)(3rd edition Codex: 16/4/7)
    XIX Legion: (W/L/D) 0/0/0 (5th edition: 14/12/2)(5th edition Codex: 4/3/0)
    Black Legion: (W/L/D) 1/0/0 (6th edition: 2/3/0)
    Something Wicked... Reikwald Beastmen: (W/L/D) 10/4/1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok to the first part each army either had fleet or jump packs so they went right after the mushy scarabs.

to be clear: i dont want the destroyers in my list, i wanted the triarch stalkers, GW fail.

i have had great success with my doomsday arks, and with 2 of them + spyders to repair any weapon destroyed results and to watch over them as Monstrous Creatures then if you factor in the range they have, i still cant see how you think they are bad? yes they scatter but most it may scatter but only once or twice has it completely missed. and with AP1 they add +1 to the damage result, and thats nice!

has anybody tried to repair vehicles with the spyders yet?

i am trying to build lists that do not revolve around night fighting, my main opponent is a dark eldar player and ALL dark eldar are immune to night fighting, GW fail.

if you dont like heavy destroyers, or doomsday arks, what do you use to take out enemy heavy supports? ie dark eldar talos with T7 W3 A3+, and 2 ravagers flying around?
    Last edited by ninjabackhand; December 27th, 2011 at 22:46.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x1)

In response to the above, Annihilation Barges will make mincemeat out of Dark Eldar vehicles. Also consider a couple of scythe Lords in Command Barges. Since you don't get cover saves against fly over attacks, turboboosting will not save them (Muahahahahaha!). Again, wraiths are just pure awesome and there's no reason why you shouldn't have them. Put some whip coils on them and watch those Wyches drop down to Initiative 1. Isn't it sad? Wraiths will also munch through a Talos without breaking a sweat. It's not strong enough to instantly kill you, and that 3++ save will keep you safe while you rend the crud out of him.

The Doomsday Arks still aren't worth it. With the points you're paying for the Arks plus the Spyders to babysit them, you can have so much other better stuff. A full squad of Wraiths, a scythe Lord in a Command Barge, 5 Sword-and-Board Lychguard, TWO Annihilation Barges plus change, great big piles of Scarabs, a Triarch Stalker with H. Gauss Cannon, the list goes on and on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he takes all warriors and incubi(in raiders and venoms), basically he forces my wraiths to make like 40 saves a turn due to poison shots, and i just cant hit 40 3's

yeah the barges are all great but i just havent had the luck like i have had with the arks, who in my opinion destroy everything and i am on this kick of making an allcomers list, not just a beat dark eldar list, which may be why your asking why my list is all over the place.

i do plan on using the lord in barge with scythe, havent tried this yet but i think it will detract any opponent enough to let my arks get a couple of extra rounds of shooting in, if not then the lord will rock his back yard up! im still play testing most things, im sure we all are, and im ready to give it a shot, but i really want a stalker or 2 to make this list theme come together.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x1)

Annihilation Barges. That's all I'm saying. You can get two of them for the price of one Ark, and they will chew through AV 10/11 like you wouldn't believe. 4 STR 7 shots into a Ravager has a good chance of taking it down, especially if you roll some 6's and pop more shots. Add two more STR 6 Tesla Cannon shots from the secondary weapon, and that thing will quickly become Dark Eldar Enemy #1.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah no doubt against dark eldar i will be bringing 2 of these things lol, dark eldar do not like these fo sho.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast