Welcome to Librarium Online!
Hey all new list here tell us what ya make of it
Lash whip and bone sword
Tyrant guard x2
(outflanking w/ H.commander)
Against space wolves and marines mainly
The mawloc will use the burrow to continuously cause Terror from the deep
By the way it's exactly 1500 points
The first things I look for when editing or checking army lists are blatant unit choice mistakes. I found four here.
1) You've just given up your competition by having no Hive Guard. You absolutely need to have Hive Guard in there.
2) Mawlocs are just completely unreliable and definitely not worth the points. Their attack, if it works, is pretty good. After that it'll just get shot down before you can do anything to get it to safety.
3) A Tervigon without at least one supporting unit of Termagants is like buying a coke can without coke in it - it's literally an empty choice. You need Termagants to support your Tervigon, just like Termagants need a Tervigon to support them.
4) A melee tyrant without wings is about as effective as asking a cat to go through a mouse hole - not very effective at all. You make that unit a points drain, and those points could be better spent elsewhere in the army.
There are other more, minor errors with this list. Here is what I suggest as corrections.
- Get rid of your Mawloc. Buy yourself of two broods of two Hive Guard.
- Buy a Termagant brood of 19. Remove the Devourers of your current brood and rid yourself of a Termagant from that brood.
- Get rid of your Tyrant's Tyrant Guard. Then add a Zoanthrope to your brood and give your Hive Tyrant wings. Make sure he uses cover where he can, he'll receive some pounding before he gets to the enemy's front line.
- Get rid of the Adrenal Glands on your Hormagaunts, and make them the ones who outflank.
- Don't bother with Scything Talons on your Tervigon. Give her Toxin Sacs and Adrenal Glands instead (this makes Termagants very, very potent).
Hope this helps.
Right let's try again
LW & BS
Hive Guard (3) x2
Here we go the Hormagaunts will out flank so is there truly no space for the mawloc anymore???
No, the Mawloc is no longer viable, if it had a decent ranged weapon or two that it could shoot after it rose to the surface I think we'd see them more often.
I forgot to mention before, have two pairs of scything talons on your Tyrant - it is really worthwhile.
And that list you put there... off the top of my head is about 1350 odd points. I would recommend another brood of 20 Termagants and then a lone Biovore (their bombardments are particularly good), which would give you ~1500. Spare points should be spent as you like.
Ok thanks btw could you take a look at another list for me
Hive guard x2
Doom of malantai
Termagant brood x20
Thanks a lot
No worries!Originally Posted by Pinkseph
The fact that you even considered the Swarmlord in a <2000 point list surprises me. I'll try not to change this list too much, but there are some errors which I must bring to light.
Some points to note are:
- Genestealers should be split into two broods of 10, they are much more manoeuvrable and versatile then one awkward clump.
- Don't even bother with Gargoyles... or if you really, really want to have them, don't bother with any upgrades.
- Again, for any chance to win, you need to completely fill your Elites choices with anti-tank units i.e. Hive Guard and podding Zoanthrope broods.
Fix it up, post a revised edition up, and I'll check it again.
Hive guard x 3
AG (simply to use 10 points)
Just one thing. Heed this - your Swarmlord WILL die before he reaches combat, and a fifth of your army points allocation will be gone. You don't have to follow this advice, but I am warning you now that a Tyrant with a HVC and twin linked devourers and a Tyrant guard and some other biomorph will do so much better than Swarmy it ain't even funny.
Again, I'm happy to help.
That's sound advice to be honest how many points minimum would you use the lord and also how to I get devourers for the tyrant?