<2000 My current 1750 exploration of Dark Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Oh No! Not Him Again! Non Marine Player's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x2)

My current 1750 exploration of Dark Eldar

Hi all,

I have used several lists over the time since the new codex, I've really been trying to find my style. I initially started out with a Warriors/Wyches mix with Sliscus (with Shardcarbine Trueborn) which was entertaining and certainly had some success. I then tried a list with 4 Haemys, 4 units of 9 Wyches in Raiders, 2 4-man Trueblaster units and 3 Ravagers. It was most likely my occasional horrendous luck, but I lost every game with it. I gave up, and recently have been using a Shooty list, and as of yet haven't lost with it. My LGW is basically lots of GK, SM, Chaos, a few Guard and some assorted Nid and Necron Players. I have yet to try some other orientations as of yet (Full Coven, ultimate streamlined hybrid etc) but this seems to be working very well.

HQ
    Haemy - VB, LG - 65

Troops
    10 Warriors - Blaster, SC, Raider, NS, FF - 195

Elites
    4 Trueborn - 4 Blasters, Venom, NS - 183
    4 Trueborn - 4 Blasters, Venom, NS - 183

Fast Attack
    6 Reavers - 2 Blasters - 162

Heavy Support
    Ravager - FF, NS - 125
    Ravager - FF, NS - 125
    Ravager - FF, NS - 125

Total -

Yes, it is a tad generic, which isn't really my style, but I thought I'd give it a try. Haemy HQ simply chosen because its cheap, just sits in a Trueblaster Venom as there's no where else to put him, and occasionally liquifies stuff if there's no vehicles. Rest is average Gunboat fun, would like to see some ideas as to how to make the list combat-y as well as individualising it a tad. C&C asked for for both list and improvements. Thanks in advance.
    NMP

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

A tad generic?

Not one assault unit?

The only unit that looks even somewhat interesting are the bikes - I think they will perform better with heat-lances but then my experiences were out of a portal.

The rest of the list is self-explanatory, good luck with it.
    "On a hunch, I melted them down and inhaled the fumes and read the dark eldar codex again, AND FOUND A BUNCH OF NEW RULES HIDDEN BEHIND THE OTHER WORDS..." [Gardeth on modelling & interpreting the DE Codex]

Oh No! Not Him Again! Non Marine Player's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x2)

Yeah, I was using this to test stuff out, as I do have problems with decision making as to what I stick with, thought I'd try out all the bases. Ultimately I'll be using a lot of different stuff, thinking up a strong combination, but I have to try everything else out first. This list is hilariously generic, but hey, you've gotta try both extremes of the scale. I've gotta say, this is not permanent, I do plan on using some Wracks, Wyches, Scourges, Beasts and an Archon, but on my current mental thread, I'm feeling particularly unimaginative. I'll be doing some math-hammering, after my work on my Beastmen, but I'm working it out in my head how I can add in all that I want, as well as finding out what other people use and think is good these days (out of our more obscure choices). That'll be helpful with the Tactica I'm heading up, but I can't rely on that, I'll be making my choices soonish, post my initial ideas, see what you think.

I apologise for the boring drivvle of a list.
    NMP

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

I just can't get my self to play these kinds of lists. Sometimes when I go against a tourney player with a power list I wish I had gone the tried and true generic list like this one but even to this day I can't get myself to get excited enough to pull the trigger.

Props to you if you can.
    "On a hunch, I melted them down and inhaled the fumes and read the dark eldar codex again, AND FOUND A BUNCH OF NEW RULES HIDDEN BEHIND THE OTHER WORDS..." [Gardeth on modelling & interpreting the DE Codex]

+ Reply to Thread