<2000 1750 tau army, first try - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 tau army, first try

Hi all

Looking at starting tau, have always liked the models and background. Am coming from my grey knights which I must say I am getting bored with.
    I have come up with a army list. I am trying to be effective but also build the army around models that I like and how I think the army will look on the battlefield. Anyway all thoughts welcome, and would be appreciated. Cheers.

Shaso
    Plasma rifle, Missile pod, Positional relay, H/W Target lock, H/W Multi tracker,
    H/W Drone controller, 2 x shield drones, bonding knife.

Bodyguard team
    2 x suits, 2 x Plasma rifles, 2 x Missile pods, 2 x Targetting arrays, 2 x H/W Target lock, 2 x H/W Multi tracker
    2 x H/W drone controllers, 4 x Gun drones.

Stealth suit team
    3 x suits, Team leader, Fusion blaster, H/W Target lock, H/W Drone controller, Marker drone, Bonding knife, 2 x Burst cannons
    3 x Targeting arrays

Firewarrior Team
    Shas'ui, Markerlight, Bonding knife, H/W Target lock, H/W Drone controller, 1 x Gun drone, 1 Marker drone,
    2 x carbines, 10 x rifles

Firewarrior Team
    Shas'ui, Markerlight, Bonding knife, H/W Target lock, H/W Drone controller, 1 x Gun drone, 1 Marker drone,
    2 x carbines, 10 x rifles

Firewarrior team
    Shas'ui, Bonding knife, 12 x carbines
    Devilfish, disruption pods

Piranha TX-42 (forgeworld/imperial armour)
    Twin linked fusion blaster, targeting array, disruption pods

Broadside team
    2 x suits, Team leader, H/W Target lock, H/W Drone controller, 2 x Shield drones
    2 x Targeting arrays

Hammerhead
    Railgun, Burst cannons, Multi tracker, disruption pods

Hammerhead
    Railgun, Burst cannons, Multi tracker, disruption pods

1748 total

So thats my list. I think it is quite strong. Can engage upto 8 armoured vehicles from turn 1, and take down tough armour. I have horde
    control with submunition rounds plus all the other shots, decent amount of models, decent amount of tanks/vehicles, farily mobile. So what does eveyone else think.

Cheers for any and all feedback.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks good as far as I can see =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So after all this time only one responder. (Cheers chipsnfish) Either for my first tau army list I have hit the nail on the head and it is so good no one has anything to say, OR it is really crap and no one has anything to say. Anyone have anything to say?

Striving for the right Ravenscraig's Avatar
    In exile on Earth - currently in Glasgow, Scotland
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Angelus View Post
    Hi allLooking at starting tau, have always liked the models and background. Am coming from my grey knights which I must say I am getting bored with.I have come up with a army list. I am trying to be effective but also build the army around models that I like and how I think the army will look on the battlefield. Anyway all thoughts welcome, and would be appreciated. Cheers.ShasoPlasma rifle, Missile pod, Positional relay, H/W Target lock, H/W Multi tracker,H/W Drone controller, 2 x shield drones, bonding knife..
    Why an 'O and not an 'El? Wasted points IMO. If you take drones will you not have to take a morale test if you lose one??
    Bodyguard team2 x suits, 2 x Plasma rifles, 2 x Missile pods, 2 x Targetting arrays, 2 x H/W Target lock, 2 x H/W Multi tracker2 x H/W drone controllers, 4 x Gun drones
    Why bodyguards? Why not just use 'ordinary' XV8's? Better value for your points.
    Stealth suit team3 x suits, Team leader, Fusion blaster, H/W Target lock, H/W Drone controller, Marker drone, Bonding knife, 2 x Burst cannons3 x Targeting arrays
    I've never found SSuits to be worth it. And if you're close enough to use that FB then you're too close to the enemy!
    Firewarrior TeamShas'ui, Markerlight, Bonding knife, H/W Target lock, H/W Drone controller, 1 x Gun drone, 1 Marker drone,2 x carbines, 10 x rifles
    Mixing PRs and PCs is a mistake - the ranges of the 2 do not complement each other. Marker drones are expensive for the return you will get. 12 is a big squad too. Smaller (7) might be better.
    Firewarrior TeamShas'ui, Markerlight, Bonding knife, H/W Target lock, H/W Drone controller, 1 x Gun drone, 1 Marker drone,2 x carbines, 10 x rifles..
    Same as above. Why not drop this and go for some Kroot? It will give you more flexibility
    Firewarrior teamShas'ui, Bonding knife, 12 x carbinesDevilfish, disruption pods
    Good concept, but 12 is probably too big. 7 might be better.
    Piranha TX-42 (forgeworld/imperial armour)Twin linked fusion blaster, targeting array, disruption pods
    Broadside team2 x suits, Team leader, H/W Target lock, H/W Drone controller, 2 x Shield drones2 x Targeting arrays
    I've always felt that 3 XV88's was a lot better than 2. You could make the 3rd suit the TL. ASS is probab;ly a whole lot more effective that SDs.
    HammerheadRailgun, Burst cannons, Multi tracker, disruption pods HammerheadRailgun, Burst cannons, Multi tracker, disruption pods
    SMS are more flexible that BCs
    1748 totalSo thats my list. I think it is quite strong. Can engage upto 8 armoured vehicles from turn 1, and take down tough armour. I have hordecontrol with submunition rounds plus all the other shots, decent amount of models, decent amount of tanks/vehicles, farily mobile. So what does eveyone else think.Cheers for any and all feedback.
    Last edited by Ravenscraig; January 13th, 2012 at 20:21.

"The choice between good and evil, is made by all who live, with every single heartbeat ... ... ..."

Quote Originally Posted by ZenGamer View Post
    Simple wording. On a forum, any forum, wording is all one has to go by to determine tone and intent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why an 'O and not an 'El? Wasted points IMO. If you take drones will you not have to take a morale test if you lose one??
    No, as drones only count as wargear.
    EDIT: my bad, they do affect the 25% rule, but if the suit joins the bodyguards, they (and their drones) also count towards the 25% and therefore you would have to kill 3 for that to happen.

Why bodyguards? Why not just use 'ordinary' XV8's? Better value for your points.
    For the H/W drone controller and extra BS

... And if you're close enough to use that FB then you're too close to the enemy!
    You have a point, but if you deep-strike behind a transport and then use them, you destroy it and have a nice big piece of cover to hide behind

Mixing PRs and PCs is a mistake - the ranges of the 2 do not complement each other. Marker drones are expensive for the return you will get. 12 is a big squad too. Smaller (7) might be better.
    I must have missed this. Sorry. Yeah, this needs changing.

Same as above. Why not drop this and go for some Kroot? It will give you more flexibility
    I personally much prefer FW's to kroot, so much so I hardly ever use them, even in a few of the apoc games I've been able to play. I find that they are very good if you use them to outflank and rapidfire, although then you cant assult and will be dead by next turn.

Good concept, but 12 is probably too big. 7 might be better.
    Depends on who you are playing against, because if it is a termi army or something then you are going to want the full 12, but form races like guard and eldar, as low as 5/6 might do fine.

Points like these though all depend on opinion. I personally prefer to play with a lot of FW's and less XV8's, where are some people take near-minimal troop choices and pack thier list full of XV8's.
    Try borrow someones tau and play a few games before you decide, if they will let you
    Last edited by ChipsnFish; January 15th, 2012 at 20:56.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
    Death Guard 1000 Tau >3200

+ Reply to Thread