<1000 1500 List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500 List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 List

I suppose this could also function as an introductory thread.
    Hello all, I am Teckham. I recently picked up WH40K and my army of choice, as you can see, is Necrons.
    Now that introductions are out of the way, on to my army list.

HQ-
    Anrakyr the Traveler -165 pts.
    Necron Lord + Warscythe + Sempiternal Weave - 60 pts. - with Warriors

Elites-
    Lychguard X5 + Hyperphase Swords and Dispersion Shields -225 pts.
    Tomb Stalker -150 pts.

Fast Attack-
    Canoptek Wraiths X5 + Particle Casters -200 pts.

Heavy Support-
    Doomsday Ark -175 pts. OR Annihilation barge +Gauss Cannon X2 - 180 pts. OR Doom Scythe - 175 pts.

Troops-
    Necron Warriors X14 -182 pts.
    Necron Immortals X7 -119 pts.
    Necron Immortals X7 +Tesla Carbines -119 pts.

Dedicated Transport-
    Night Scythe - 100 pts.

With two Annihilation Barges, this totals up to 1500 pts. exactly. With a Doomsday Ark/Doom Scythe, the list is 1495.
    I also have several other army lists I have compiled, which I may post later.
    Any and all feedback received on this list will be appreciated.

Edit: I tried to make this a simple, all around list with no intended target army. As a matter of fact, I don't even have all these pieces and do not know how they would work in battle.
    Also, please ignore my derp with the <1000 prefix.

Last edited by Teckham; December 30th, 2011 at 02:57. Reason: ^

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Teckham View Post
    I suppose this could also function as an introductory thread.
    Hello all, I am Teckham. I recently picked up WH40K and my army of choice, as you can see, is Necrons.
    Now that introductions are out of the way, on to my army list.
    Hello!

HQ-
    Anrakyr the Traveler -165 pts.
    Necron Lord + Warscythe + Sempiternal Weave - 60 pts. - with Warriors
    May I ask why you took a lord? if it was only for the Vs a dreadnaughty ness, may i suggest dropping the weave and going with the mind shackle scarabs instead? they help much more when playing in normal h2h combat and the weave really only comes in for wound allocations.

Elites-
    Lychguard X5 + Hyperphase Swords and Dispersion Shields -225 pts.
    Tomb Stalker -150 pts.
    Stalker, check great unit. I like the lych with shields, but how are they getting there? are they the ones in the Scythe? and if so watch out and hope they dont get destroyed because they will then be campin at the back the rest of the game

Fast Attack-
    Canoptek Wraiths X5 + Particle Casters -200 pts.
    Pistols are fine, but you HAVE to take the whips. this is what makes the wraiths truly great, cool thing about this unit, you can do wound allocations so if you would switch that to 5 wraiths with 3 whips but you would need another 5 points.

Heavy Support-
    Doomsday Ark -175 pts. OR Annihilation barge +Gauss Cannon X2 - 180 pts. OR Doom Scythe - 175 pts.
    The Scythe is great, but its kinda a one a done thing. and it's another unit you'd have to convert. Personally I would go for for the 2 Barges with two tesla cannons. Why? i feel that you're already peppering on ap - shots, so why not just throw in some more? you have the chances for more hits, and they are 1 str stronger than the gauss version. I myself have tried the ark a few times and its really underwhelming. 175 for a 1-2 shot pony without Ordinance? at least with the scythe, you cannot miss unless you're out of 12" and roll poorly.

Troops-
    Necron Warriors X14 -182 pts.
    Necron Immortals X7 -119 pts.
    Necron Immortals X7 +Tesla Carbines -119 pts.
    Solid. Which Immortals are you making the Pyrrhian Eternals? i would suggest the Carbines, because you could still assault if need be. (blasters are rapid fire)

Dedicated Transport-
    Night Scythe - 100 pts.
    Already Covered but would require converting for.

With two Annihilation Barges, this totals up to 1500 pts. exactly. With a Doomsday Ark/Doom Scythe, the list is 1495.
    I also have several other army lists I have compiled, which I may post later.
    Any and all feedback received on this list will be appreciated.

Edit: I tried to make this a simple, all around list with no intended target army. As a matter of fact, I don't even have all these pieces and do not know how they would work in battle.
    The big thing about this is you will need to convert 2-3 models if you wanna play in tournaments. Also this list is pretty much lacking in Anti tank. Wraiths and Barges can deal with some of the lower armor'd stuff, but transport spam lists and IG would give you mucho problems, since you're only other options are Anrakyr and the stalker. Scarabs pretty much rock in this situation, but You would have to then drop something, and i would advise the Scythe/lychguard. (maybe use the scythe for something else) I would try to throw a res orb into the warrior, since it makes its points back pretty quickly on them but that's just me.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by themidget428; December 29th, 2011 at 19:05.

4. ThanksTeckham thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

welcome to the legion

just some changes to be made

adding to what themidget428 said

you should drop the weave off your lord and get mindshackle

i would keep the stalker but drop the guard unless you place them in the night scythe with a orb lord w/scarabs

you need to have whips, casters are okay but i found that wraiths dont need to do much shooting
    however i do not agree with the wound allocation thing, dont see the point of including model that cost X points just so it can die, might as well just upgrade them

i would take the two AB's instead of the ark or doomscythe, they have worked really well for me

best of luck with your new army

+ Reply to Thread