<2000 1000 Points all comers, what do you think? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 Points all comers, what do you think?

HQ
    Overlord with Warscythe, MS Scarabs, Command Barge 195

Troops
    10 Warriors 130
    10 Warriors 130
    10 Warriors 130

Heavy Support
    Annihilation Barge 90
    Annihilation Barge 90
    Monolith 200

Old style. Anni barges provide a firepower quite similar to previous edition Destroyers and the Monolith is pretty terrifying at 1000 pts even without 2D6 immunity. (and used to be in every 'cron list before the new codex is released)

What do you think?

Oh, and I have 35 points remaining. Feel free to tell your thoughts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice list, seems fairly solid

not sure about the mindshackle on the Olord since he wont be in that much cc (flying around in the barge) but its your call

at first i was unsure about the lith but now thinking about it i can see it as a massive anti tank weapon magnit which has its bonuses, drawing fire away from your lord and other barges

just for the remainder 35 points i would just buy 2 extra warriors or take a cryptek with harbringer of the storm and lightning field, this gives you a decent defensive perk and the ability to glance or pen a vehichle within 12" (useful against dreads or other walkers)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think my only concern would be with losing that monolith early game leaving you with only max Strength 7 weapons. That being said your command barge can still go around popping tanks with low rear armor value, which is usually the case in 1k point games. If I'm fielding 30 warriors in my army I always love to have a Ghost Ark to revive a few. Nothing annoys your opponent more when he reduces a squad to under 50% that's retreating, only to have your ghost ark intercept the retreating squad and bring it back over 50% for a regroup.

Still that being said if you dropped a Necron from each squad, bringing the number to 9 and losing the MSS you'd have 89 points left. If your opponent doesn't mind you playing a point over that's another Barge!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two anni-barges is still fairly sufficient at glancing vehicles to death. You're putting out 4 strength 7 shots a turn, with re-rolls to hit, with 6's resulting in another 2 hits. The pure volume of fire from these guys, in my experience, is enough to handle armour at 1k points.

With the Monolith, are you planning on leaving it in reserves and deepstriking it in, Or are you going to have it potter along the field?

Also, if all your troops are going to be foot slogging, I would recommend dropping MSS on the lord, bring each squad down to 9 so you can add a Transmog-tek to each squad to slow down enemy advances (albeit, at 1001 points), giving you more time to shoot at them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does no one have a problem popping vehicles with the annibarges despite the -1 to the damage table for being an AP - weapon? I just feel like trying to glance something to death with that (especially grey knights with fortitude and chaos with demonic possession) would be horribly aggravating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nugget89 View Post
    Two anni-barges is still fairly sufficient at glancing vehicles to death. You're putting out 4 strength 7 shots a turn, with re-rolls to hit, with 6's resulting in another 2 hits. The pure volume of fire from these guys, in my experience, is enough to handle armour at 1k points.

With the Monolith, are you planning on leaving it in reserves and deepstriking it in, Or are you going to have it potter along the field?

Also, if all your troops are going to be foot slogging, I would recommend dropping MSS on the lord, bring each squad down to 9 so you can add a Transmog-tek to each squad to slow down enemy advances (albeit, at 1001 points), giving you more time to shoot at them.
    As Overlord mentioned my only concern is that AP- means that if you glance you're having to roll 6's to try and kill the vehicle with weapon destroyed results. If I'm using my Barge to shoot at a tank it's usually because there's no squads free or there's a transport I want to try and stun anyway...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

personally, i would switch the MSS for phylactery, that way if you go down early after repairing your tank a few times, you have a chance to rise again in full strength.

my worry with your list is you have to be within 24" to fire anything, and thats if you DONT move. BA jumpers and nids will have a field day with you.

hell, for 35 points just pop in a tomb blade with stealth or something just to buzz around and piss someone off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had some fairly positive experiences with Twin-linked destructors so far. Not just a one of penetrating hit, but consistent glancing that has really ruined my opponents day. I've gotten on average 3-4 glancing hits per turn with 2 of them. This was across a few games as well. I, however, was running night scythes, not annihilation barges.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll probably take a Lighning Field crptek with 35 points. Don't be ridiculous with the Barges. With so many S7 + S6 shots each Barge deals about 2 penetratings at AV11 (f.e. Rhinos). Which is an immobilised/wrecked vehicle per round.

+ Reply to Thread